• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Kitsune

mm and a really really sneak peak at the nmave-4 ......
~ NAM Team Member

Ramona Brie

Very nice as always. Love the new look. The previous NWM logo was very hard to reproduce, so a new one will be nicer.

citybuilderx

Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

io_bg

I think the below quotes explain well everything I experienced while watching this vid ;D
Quote from: canyonjumper on August 12, 2011, 08:32:27 PM

Quote from: Kitsune on August 12, 2011, 08:43:49 PM
mm and a really really sneak peak at the nmave-4 ......
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Glazert

At the risk of sounding bathetic, these draggable transitions without having to hunt for puzzle pieces will be, er, useful.

vinlabsc3k

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

rushman5

you should run for congress, because development like this makes the future even easier.

gn_leugim

Jack_wilds

exceptional, fantastic, clever, a real well done  &apls an enthusiastic slap on the collective back of the NAMTeam particularly for this nam-nwm tech advance

skyhigh

GMT

that secret weapon made my life... at least on the sc4 side

... really, it is. I swear.

apeguy

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

ivo_su

A friend  has gone a whole year  since the last release  cycle NAM. Yesterday I saw a video of Alex  with the new weapon for NWM and I am shocked. Incredibly good idea and a great application. But I wondered about the technology  that is used to create  this weapon? Its purpose  is to remove / pointless puzzle pieces that were used as transitions to different networks of NWM. I have some doubts that Alex has used this same technology in version 4.1 of RHW allowing  construction of an extensive network of routes  making them MIS, through technology dragable.  So then defeat many puzzle pieces on the outcome of RHW and guess  what I saw now that the technology developed in  quite an advanced stage  - I'm right ?

And if  I'm right I guess that in the future will be introduced and the transitions between different networks RHW.

Best regards,
Ivo

jondor

Quote from: ivo_su on August 14, 2011, 02:49:43 PM
A friend  has gone a whole year  since the last release  cycle NAM. Yesterday I saw a video of Alex  with the new weapon for NWM and I am shocked. Incredibly good idea and a great application. But I wondered about the technology  that is used to create  this weapon? Its purpose  is to remove / pointless puzzle pieces that were used as transitions to different networks of NWM. I have some doubts that Alex has used this same technology in version 4.1 of RHW allowing  construction of an extensive network of routes  making them MIS, through technology dragable.  So then defeat many puzzle pieces on the outcome of RHW and guess  what I saw now that the technology developed in  quite an advanced stage  - I'm right ?

And if  I'm right I guess that in the future will be introduced and the transitions between different networks RHW.

Best regards,
Ivo

There's actually a slight problem trying to use the same trick with the RHW, namely that the DirtRoad (RHW) network auto-connects just like the street network, so it is difficult, if not impossible in most cases, to drag two stubs end to end, the game automatically connects them up.  However, Alex has another trick up his sleeve for implementing draggable RHW transitions that looks promising.  ;)
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.