• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korver

Click on the update banners below.

korver

- UPDATE 1: Lake Bogoria, Kenya -

Located in the middle of the Great Rift Valley, Lake Bogoria is home to one of the world's largest populations of lesser flamingos - every year millions of them migrate to it's algae infested waters. The lake boasts some of the most impressive wildlife in all of Africa - hundreds of species of birds call the lake home, and you might even see a couple zebras if you look hard enough. Geysers and hot springs dot the shoreline, creating a truly unforgettable landscape.

korver

- UPDATE 2: Journey Through The Sahara -

Our next stop takes us to the famous Sahara Desert - the world's largest hot desert. For thousands of years, nomads have adapted to the harsh terrain, with an extensive knowledge of the terrain being absolutely vital to their survival. Knowing exactly where each and every oasis is located is perhaps the single most important aspect to this, and we approach our first one in the Ennedi Plateau of Chad. Guelta d'Archei is perhaps the Sahara's most famous oasis, and has been used since prehistoric times, note the cave paintings. The water's distinctive black hue - caused by untold amounts of camel dung over the years - hides the lake's most dangerous species quite well, the nile crocodile.

Hopping from oasis to oasis is crucial for anyone traveling in the Sahara, and fortunately we're able to find another one just in time. The small town of Bardai, Chad, has been an important trading post in the region for centuries. Unfortunately, droughts have ravished the landscape and the riverbed is almost completely bare. There's just enough water left over for the camels.

After a month-long northern excursion in search of pastures, the caravan finally starts to head back south through the mighty Grand Erg Occidental, but not before they come face to face with one of the Sahara's greatest dangers. An enormous sandstorm engulfs the caravan, and rages on for nearly an entire day.  Fortunately, by sitting to the side of their camels, they're able to lessen the blow and eventually get back on their feet.

After nearly a month more of traveling, we finally reach our end destination of Djenne, Mali. Every Monday, the entire region takes part in market day - truly a sight to behold. Just under the shadow of the magnificent Great Mosque, the streets come alive with countless shoppers and market vendors, giving them the much needed opportunity to trade camels or goods. 

manga rivotra

This is UNBELIEVEABLE  :o.
I have rarely seen something so beautiful with this game. Your are an artist. The details, use MMPs, the extraordinary photoshoping, everything is so perfect!
Your villages are so ..... I can't find the words!  :D
In fact, I have one thing to say: please continue !  &apls &apls &apls

FrankU

Hi korver,

This is extremely impressive! What an introduction. Welcome on SC4D.

Akallan

It's beautiful, it looks like not SC4! Very realistic, I want to see more! Congratulations! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

korver

- UPDATE 3: Conquering Mount Fitz Roy -

Jutting 11,020 feet out of the southern Patagonian landscape, the imposing sheer granite walls of Mount Fitz Roy makes it the one of the crown jewels of the Andes. Technically challenging climbing routes coupled with notoriously bad weather makes it one of the toughest climbs in the world, but the view from the top makes it all worth it.

Day 1

Our journey starts off in the sleepy little town of El Chalten, Argentina, right at the footstep of Mount Fitz Roy. Our group meets up to discuss our routes in the upcoming days - the weather looks like it'll be manageable, but in this part of the world, that could change in the blink of an eye.

We set off for Fitz Roy, and we're immediately in for a treat. The fall foliage is in full swing surrounding the misty Rio Fitz Roy, making for an absolutely gorgeous view. We won't be here long however, as the terrain quickly starts to get much more challenging.

After several more miles of walking, we start to approach the base of the mountain and get our first up close view of the surrounding peaks, Techado Negro and Aguja de la 'S'. They're beautiful, no doubt - but they pale in comparison to the peak we're headed to next. Nightfall begins to set in, so we set up our tents and call it a day.

Day 2

The day started off fairly easily - a straight forward climb up the mountain. However, our plans quickly got derailed when a storm approaches us, making any technical climbing an impossibility. We decide to instead take cover in a rocky outcrop and wait it out. Conditions finally improved just enough for us to continue on - and we begin to make our ascent up near-vertical granite cliffs. We had originally planned on setting up our tents on a small, flat plateau a couple hundred feet away - but due to previous setbacks, we fall behind and the darkness combined with driving rain makes any more climbing far too dangerous. We're forced to precariously hang our tents off the side of the mighty Aguja Poincenot instead.

Day 3

Conditions still aren't great, but we continue to push on. The granite cliffs are coated with a thin layer of ice and storm clouds begin to roll in, making things far more dangerous than we had originally thought. However, despite the conditions, we persevere and finally reach the peak of Mount Fitz Roy. We proudly set up our Argentinian flag and take in the beautiful view - it's just as good as you would imagine.

-korver

---

REPLIES

Quote from: manga rivotra on May 04, 2016, 10:27:22 PM
This is UNBELIEVEABLE  :o.
I have rarely seen something so beautiful with this game. Your are an artist. The details, use MMPs, the extraordinary photoshoping, everything is so perfect!
Your villages are so ..... I can't find the words!  :D
In fact, I have one thing to say: please continue !  &apls &apls &apls

Thanks for the kind words :)

Quote from: FrankU on May 05, 2016, 01:39:30 AM
Hi korver,

This is extremely impressive! What an introduction. Welcome on SC4D.

Thank you and thanks for the warm welcome :)

Quote from: Akallan on May 05, 2016, 02:22:15 AM
It's beautiful, it looks like not SC4! Very realistic, I want to see more! Congratulations! &apls

Thank you! Trust me, there's alot more on the way. After all, I have an ENTIRE planet to cover..  :D

belfastsocrates

Absolutely incredible!

The images are rich in detail and demonstrate extraordinary abilities, the MMP work is by far the best I have ever seen. I could spend hours admiring the details in each image.  &apls

My only criticism is the size of the images. I'm on a fast connection and the pictures took a while to load. I know PNG is a higher quality format but some people will struggle to load those images.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

korver

Quote from: belfastsocrates on May 05, 2016, 05:06:30 AM
Absolutely incredible!

The images are rich in detail and demonstrate extraordinary abilities, the MMP work is by far the best I have ever seen. I could spend hours admiring the details in each image.  &apls

My only criticism is the size of the images. I'm on a fast connection and the pictures took a while to load. I know PNG is a higher quality format but some people will struggle to load those images.

Thanks for that awesome complement  :thumbsup: I converted to jpg, good idea.

Vizoria

A most welcome addition to the SC4D MDs; welcome onboard!

kbieniu7

Well... that's indeed fabolous  &apls Both technical side of how you managed to create a truly artistic and mindcrashingly detailed views with every piece of dust included, as well as the ambience - made by those short stories and connections to real places around the world, which feels like actually taking part in a trip to all those edges of Earth. It's not a Mayor Diary. It's not just photo-realistic photo capturing the views. It's a fairy-tale of an adventure.

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

vester

Stunning scenery. Hard to believe that this is SC4.  &apls

EDIT: One Karma point (some of it is from compdude787). (post #14)

Wow, I can barely believe my eyes. Rich in detail and a plethora of different styles in a few pictures. This must have taken an infinite amount of patience and love for the tiniest things to create such exquisite pictures. Please continue with your work, as I'd surely like to see more. &apls :popcorn:

Kergelen

That's absolutely amazing &apls &apls &apls

I saw some of your updates on Simtropolis and is nice to see your MD here. The landscapes are so detailed, unique and varied, and each one with its own atmosphere. Is remarkable that most of your pictures are mostly MMP. A true SC4 painting style.

My favourite is Bardaï town. The riverbed is masterfully well done. &apls

Links to SC4 websites

compdude787

WOW! :o This. Is. Amazing. &apls

Mods, this guy seriously deserves a karma point!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vortext

Quote from: compdude787 on May 06, 2016, 02:26:28 PM

Agreed and done!

Really awesome scenes! The village is outstanding indeed but the Sahara pictures take the cake imho. Easily the best depiction of SC4 desert I've ever seen!  &apls &apls

Great work, can't wait to see what landscape you'll tackle next!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Uzil

Fantastic work, these details  :o......

korver

Quote from: Vizoria on May 05, 2016, 11:21:05 PM
A most welcome addition to the SC4D MDs; welcome onboard!

Thanks bud, appreciate it. :)

Quote from: kbieniu7 on May 06, 2016, 06:54:31 AM
Well... that's indeed fabolous  &apls Both technical side of how you managed to create a truly artistic and mindcrashingly detailed views with every piece of dust included, as well as the ambience - made by those short stories and connections to real places around the world, which feels like actually taking part in a trip to all those edges of Earth. It's not a Mayor Diary. It's not just photo-realistic photo capturing the views. It's a fairy-tale of an adventure.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really glad you like my story telling, I wanted this to be more than just pictures on a screen - I wanted the viewer to really feel like they were there. I also love the fairy tale comparison :)

Quote from: vester on May 06, 2016, 08:30:27 AM
Stunning scenery. Hard to believe that this is SC4.  &apls

EDIT: One Karma point (some of it is from compdude787). (post #14)

Thanks,always love when people say that ;D

Quote from: 11241036 on May 06, 2016, 12:34:34 PM
Wow, I can barely believe my eyes. Rich in detail and a plethora of different styles in a few pictures. This must have taken an infinite amount of patience and love for the tiniest things to create such exquisite pictures. Please continue with your work, as I'd surely like to see more. &apls :popcorn:

Thanks for that great comment :) Trust me, there's plenty more to come!

Quote from: Kergelen on May 06, 2016, 01:28:53 PM
That's absolutely amazing &apls &apls &apls

I saw some of your updates on Simtropolis and is nice to see your MD here. The landscapes are so detailed, unique and varied, and each one with its own atmosphere. Is remarkable that most of your pictures are mostly MMP. A true SC4 painting style.

My favourite is Bardaï town. The riverbed is masterfully well done. &apls

Thanks for the praise. Bardaï so far seems to be the favorite amongst all my viewers, not hard to see why :P

WOW! :o This. Is. Amazing. &apls

Thank you :) And thanks for helping me get that karma point  :thumbsup:

Quote from: vortext on May 06, 2016, 02:33:52 PM

Agreed and done!

Really awesome scenes! The village is outstanding indeed but the Sahara pictures take the cake imho. Easily the best depiction of SC4 desert I've ever seen!  &apls &apls

Great work, can't wait to see what landscape you'll tackle next!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support and the karma point. Sahara seems to be everyones favorite so far :P

Quote from: Uzil on May 06, 2016, 05:57:06 PM
Fantastic work, these details  :o......

Thank you!  ;D

89James89

Well thats some way to make a entrance. Hadn't seen the Argentina ones yet either so that was a nice surprise.

Yet again the Argentinian ones are amazing I especially love the second one with all the details and usual care that goes into your work.

Really looking forward to more!

Cheers

James

korver

Quote from: 89James89 on May 07, 2016, 01:52:38 AM
Well thats some way to make a entrance. Hadn't seen the Argentina ones yet either so that was a nice surprise.

Yet again the Argentinian ones are amazing I especially love the second one with all the details and usual care that goes into your work.

Really looking forward to more!

Cheers

James

Thanks for the support, glad you liked it!  :)