• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BATs by DaveN

Started by DaveN, April 14, 2011, 06:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Wow, this project is really looking awesome  :o   You're really learning fast! I'd love it if you rendered it in HD.

Schulmanator

This is my first time here and I reviewed all 8 pages. You are certainly doing some nice work and improving rapidly in your skills. I think your works will be welcome additions to the game. And I would enjoy seeing some lots from Krakow if you are interested in making them. Gdansk would be nice too.

Robicie świetną robotę!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

metarvo

This is looking very good, Dave.  The new roof texture over the front door appears to fit better than the old one.  Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

supremec

Hey! I'm in admiration about your work, but... I think this part of the building must be reworked:

I think you'll just use this excellent tutorial  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

DaveN

REPLIES:

noahclem: Thank's. Maybe I will render this in HD.

Schulmanator: Thank you. It's kind words for me. I'm glad you see right through eight pages. There is not much, but several additions have already appeared. Will be difficult for me to model something from Krakow, because I do not live in this city, and rather it did not I visit, so I can be difficult to create something. Has a greater chance of Gdańsk, which run every few months with my daughter to the hospital for check-ups and some buildings of Gdansk has already seen. I really like the train station and I would love to model it. Maybe one day I will succeed.

metarvo: Thank's you very much. I do my best.

supremec: Thank you. This piece will be a problem. I try to reproduce a building that does not exist since 1945. In addition, the version that I'm trying to play, is even older, because prior to 1930. Photos that I found are pretty poor quality. This piece is just a texture, because my skills are not yet allow the modeling of such complicated shapes. Therefore, this portion of the building decided to add a texture without modeling.

For further progress, you will need to wait for the next few days because I want to dedicate the work of my region, I could show you some update on my thread MD.

DebussyMan

You don't have to extract the texture from the actual building. You could use a pediment texture from another building and get a good result. For exaple, you could try this one I used for the Reichstag:

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

jmyers2043

Quote from: DaveN on May 17, 2012, 03:04:28 PM
REPLIES:

Nope. You need very good textures for HD. A soft texture in SD will be soft in HD too. HD works great for smaller items like small props.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Framly

Great work my friend!!!

I really like your half-timber houses &apls

Keep it on!!

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

noahclem

Quote from: jmyers2043 on May 17, 2012, 08:06:00 PM
Quote from: DaveN on May 17, 2012, 03:04:28 PM
REPLIES:

Nope. You need very good textures for HD. A soft texture in SD will be soft in HD too. HD works great for smaller items like small props.

I can't say that I understand the point of having props in HD next to buildings that are in SD. Is it such a bad thing if I like to take pictures in zoom 6? Or am I missing your point somehow?

rooker1

DaveN continues to astound with new BATs all the time!  This will be a great month for us following along!!

Congrats from The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

vortext

Congratulations on OSITM  &apls

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Dantes

Congratulations on OSITM again by me  :)

kbieniu7

No Dawid, to żeś nam niespodziankę zrobił  :)

Congrats  &apls Your bats are really great! Wait to see more and more this month :p
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Congratulations DaveN  &apls  I really look forward to seeing what you show here this month!

DaveN

Hi all.

It is great honor for me that I was in such a fantastic way highlighted. Of course, many thanks to Robin (rooker1), for this opportunity.

vortex, Dantes, kbieniu7, noahclem: well thank you.

This happened to me just in time when I was quite preoccupied with work, but such a distinction, will I have to find the time.

Of course, first I finish building the municipal theater, which showed some time ago, and which has stalled due to lack of cases of telefom. I'll try to catch up very quickly.

Of course, I still have lots of plans for other projects and I hope that some of them I can achieve.

Thanks again for the award, and I promise next week to upgrade its performance.

I hope that you will keep your fingers crossed.

Take care all.
- Dave

carlfatal

Hi Dave,
congrats for a really well deserved OSITM!  :thumbsup:
I don´t need to say a word as everybody here knows i´m a fan. Keep on Your good work. I´m really curious what comes next.
Greetz, Carl

DaveN

carlfatal: Thanks for your words of appreciation.

Hi all after a long break.
At the end of May, I presented you the initial progress of the work on the Municipal Theatre in Bydgoszcz, which was destroyed by Russian troops in 1945 and was never rebuilt.

My long break is due to several circumstances.

The main one is the video card failure on a new computer (on which the return of the repaired or waiting to receive the new provided 2 months). It is primarily caused the suspension of all my work. However, waiting too long I switched to an older computer that already barely works at any time may give up the ghost :)
The second reason is the enormous work, which I mentioned earlier.

But the honor jake met me somewhat forced upon me progress.
Luckily I had not shown up his sleeve screen with the progress that I managed to do some time ago :) It is therefore something that I can show you. Of course, it took me a long time to find the gmax file with the theater but I did.

In my model, there are some discrepancies and the simplification of the original. The rest of the same original also passed a number of changes caused by repairs, reconstruction after the fire, etc.

But it is at the moment my biggest project.
So by now not to renew. This is theater at the moment looks like this:

(Texture of the roof will of course be changed. This is temporary.)

Below the building in all its glory. Picture downloaded some time ago from the internet and do not remember what time it is. Judging from the amount of detail, however, is the period from before the second fire, after which terat rebuilt omitting many details.

I hope that further progress will I be able to introduce in the near future.

Thanks again to everyone for good words, perseverance and patience, that ye endured so long.

Greet and invite you to comment.

vortext

Apart for the tiling I actually kinda like the roof texture. In fact I like the entire structure, looks really nice :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

DebussyMan

Glad to see you're back with the Theater! and congratulations for the OSITM!

The roof texture, as you've said, has to be changed. However, I think a metal roof would be more in line with the original theater:

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

Aaron Graham

Looks great, Lovely texture work you have here. :)
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy