• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Bordeaux

Started by Engorn, October 13, 2008, 09:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engorn

OK, thanks Sheep49 for the information, and you to art128 for your comment.

And yes, I tried lotting and I have some lots of my own but they are very few and for some specific places like the "Paul Leclercq International Airport" or the "Pere la Chaise Cemetery".

Heblem

Very nice done! I like your downtown area, as we can call it right?

Looking forward to your next update  ;)

kelis

Very Nice City!!

Bueniiiisima la ciudad compañero :D
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Engorn

Well, I'm ready for more.

The City Hall of the great metropolis of Mosman is located in the 165th of the Paul Leclercq Avenue, and it was opened on 1932 December 15th after five years of construction. With 26 floors, this jewel of the Art Deco is one of the most tallest municipal buildings in North America. Since it was opened, the municipal govern and the district delegation of Rushcutters have their seat on this building and twelve different mayors have passed through it, some of them such illustrious as Guy Carson or Frank Kepler that in their times they knew how to make the city grow up on big jumps. Today, the mayor of the city is Lionel Linus.
Next to the City Hall we find the Watteaw Rail Station, the first rail station on New Bordeaux therefore the beginning of the first railroad between Mosman and Vancouver, a railroad which construction took sixteen years because of the difficult terrain that separates the two cities and near a 49% of the way is make through tunnels.

The host of the Mosman Stock Exchange is located in the number 1 of the Prendregast Avenue, in the west border of Procton Point. In the past this building was the first seat of the Mosman City Bank, today the most important bank in "Mundo CSC", until it was moved to Golden Apple, the second downtown of Mosman. The legend says that in the old days the place where now is located the building, was the meeting point for dealers and usurers of New Bordeaux, even foreigners. There they close their deals, usually with unlawful ways. However nowadays, the stock exchange is a boiling place that helps the New Bordeauxian economy to be ready, a modern and increasing economy regulated by the NeBEX² (New Bordeaux Exchange Index), the composite of New Bordeaux.

The Central Post Office of the New Bordeaux post service is located in the east border of Procton Point, next the Procton Point subway station, the central station of the metropolitan service. Every day 23'000 dispatches are traded by the employees of this building. As a curiosity we have to say that the Prendregast Avenue pass through the building.

Jmouse

Good job, Engorn. I especially like the post office with a road through the middle of it! Never seen anything like that before, but it's a good idea - gives the postal vehicles an inside track!

Later...

Joan

blade2k5

I remember that old post office :thumbsup:  I hadn't used it in so long, I'd forgotten about it.  Good start for New Bordeaux, I look forward to the next update :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

metarvo

This is a lovely urban MD, Engorn.  Founders Park looks like a fine place to relax, and the skyline is also very good. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

Fantastic start there on your MD!
And wonderful first updates with great pictures!
Your city looks beautiful!
Looking forward to more... ;)

Engorn

Well, first of all, thanks for your messages.

Quote from: Jmouse on November 09, 2008, 07:51:20 PM
Good job, Engorn. I especially like the post office with a road through the middle of it! Never seen anything like that before, but it's a good idea - gives the postal vehicles an inside track!
Yes, I wanted to say that but I just didn't find the words... Thanks ;)

And now, to work...

The Essen Airport (ESX) was built to relieve the mercantile traffic of the Paul Leclercq International Airport (PLQ) and to make easier the distribution of the products fabricated in the industry located around the Essen Bay. It has two terminals, one for commercial flights and another for mercantile flights. This airport connects only with Canadian airports because it's not an international airport such as the Paul Leclercq International Airport.

Terminal A has 18 gates that connect the habitants of New Bordeaux with the cities of Canada. Any flight to Canada or arriving from there arrives (or departs) from the Essen Airport, so the Paul Leclercq hasn't flights to Canada.

The Terminal B, as his great sister, has only flights to Canada but those are mercantile flights.

Hope you liked. I still have to show you the Paul Leclercq International Airport, but is much more bigger so it will take some time...

rooker1

Great work on the airport, Engorn.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

That's a wonderful airport! Great work on it!!! Nice mosaic... :thumbsup:

Engorn

And here we go... (again)

At the middle of the 20th Century the Mosman port authority saw that the Homebush Bay Port, in Ryde, was too small to support the heavy traffic of freight goods of the region. So, they decide to create a new harbor in the Essen Bay. The beginnings of the port were very humbles, even the previsions. Two small piers were built near the limit between Essen and Rushcutters, but those soon get saturated due the growing New Bordeauxian economy.

Primitive wharfs of the harbor.

The first enlargement relied on two new piers, one of the for bulks, specially designed to load the ships with the coal extracted from the mines on Mount Atmadja. Nowadays those piers are used for minor loads and recently they were reformed to host a ferry station to connect those exterior piers with the old interior piers of the Essen International Mercantile Harbor. Like the two first piers of the EIMH, those get obsolete in few years.

Primitive wharfs of the harbor.

After those two great prevision mistakes, the port authority decided to make a new enlargement, but in this time to make it twice bigger of what the previsions said, so the extension of the harbor was multiplied, arriving to the external coast of the bay. A lot of freight and bulk piers were built in the estuary of the River Essen. Nowadays those wharfs are a seething mass of frenetic activity of load and download of merchant ships with containers, in bulk or vehicles. However the human presence is very scarce because near all the process of load and download is computerized and the cranes do their work automatically, carrying the goods from the ship to the wharf or vice versa.

Wharfs in the right side of the bay.

One of the Mosmite enterprises that revolutionized the harbor was Mostrol, the New Bordeauxian oil company. The needs of the company demanded the building of a refinery. The problem was that due the situation of the harbor at that moment was impossible to carry the crude from the coast to a refinery situated outdoors of the port, so the solution was to create a artificial island inside the bay and build there the refinery.

Refinery of the Essen International Mercantile Harbor.

Another of the interesting points of the harbor is the shipyard. There all the New Bordeauxian ships are built, and some Canadian and American too. However, this shipyard is not property of the New Bordeaux Government, but of a foreign shipowner enterprise.

Shipyard of the harbor.

Till seven years ago, the entrance of the harbor was fully opened, without breakwaters, because the Straight of Georgia is not considered as open sea, but after so many complains of the captains, two breakwaters were built in the estuary of the bay and they used those to build some windmills and an advanced place for the oil ships to download the petrol.

Entrance of the harbor.

On December of 1998 a great storm slammed Mosman. The strong winds untied the moors of the "Pride of Seattle" and the ship get adrift. In those days the exterior breakwaters did not exist, so the vessel, without crew, went near a mile inside the Straight of Georgia till ran aground this islet. Nowadays many divers are attracted by this ship and they explore it, seeing the amazing natural life that has been formed around the rusty hull of the ship.

Pride of Seattle run aground

And here is a extra image ;)

cowcorn

Wow! The seaport is just great. It looks very dense and crowded, which make me thnk you've worke a lot to make everything fit together. Great job! :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Woaw! Very great work on this airport and this port! :thumbsup:
But, I observed there 2 CJs, who named like a french City: Laon (Aisne,02), and New Bordeaux (Gironde,33) :D
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Engorn

Quote from: sciurus54 on December 29, 2008, 04:08:20 AM
But, I observed there 2 CJs, who named like a french City: Laon (Aisne,02), and New Bordeaux (Gironde,33) :D
Well, as you surely know, New Bordeaux isn't a French city (Bordeaux yes, but no New Bordeaux :P ). Read the story of the region and you will know the origin of the name of this region mon ami ;)

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Engorn

Fly Mosman (the New Bordeauxian airline), jointly with PionAir (Pionesia), as a part of the promotion launched by the Pionesian airline, launches some flying bargains from and to the most important airports of different regions to boost the Karjak ski hill, at 45 minutes from the Mosman city center, placed in the majestic Mount Atmadja, sacred mountain of the First Nations of New Bordeaux. Come and enjoy 38 exciting ski slopes located between the elevations of 1.250m and 2.358m (1.108 meters of disparity/3635,17 feet of disparity), where even beginners as experts will find what they search during all the year since Karjal never closes due the Mount Atmadja stays snowcapped all the year, and all that for 47'75C$/day (28€) adults and 38'35C$/day (22'50€) children from 6 to 11 years.

rooker1

Wow....

Love the ski hill, very realistic looking.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Sweet looking Ski hill there wow!!! That looks like what I got around here for here for sure!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Nice work on that ski hill there! Looking forward to more... :thumbsup: