• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

buzzits power project

Started by Buzzit, August 10, 2010, 02:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

Great set! &apls These will be put to good use for sure.

As for making 'no road acces' lots, if you use SC4PIM, there's an option in the park menu to make a neutral lot which doesn't require it. In fact, all parks don't. Downside would be it's only eye-candy that way since power lots do always need road acces.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

metarvo

For the road access problem, I have modded my set (which I am finally working on again  ;) ) as "Power Eye-Candy" in the PIM-X, with the exception of the substations which will act as power plants.  As such, the substations require road access, but most real ones have road access so it's no real problem.  If you're going to make your end poles produce power, the road access requirement might be unavoidable.  As a last resort, you could try modding them as windmills to see if that works.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Buzzit

well its accually kinda realistic to tbh... for maintainance purposes and such. They most end next to a road of the  border of a village anyway.  Good to hear you started up your engines. I'm pretty curious what you have in store for us! :)

Currently i'm rendering my first suspension pylons.

i allready have 3 models fully renderd but i'm doubting about this one.

you see this isolator configuration will need some changes in the wires. Wich i can't afford because that would mean that i have to recreate every other pylon(ending corners etc) for this set. and imo thats a waste of precious time.

so i came up with this 'solution'

this shows that the wires are following the path from the isolator untill the part were all the other pieces 'fit' togheter. It might not look that good. but it would mean this configuration will be added to. wich imo is a really good looking one.

another thing i could do is extent the length of the traverses. but i have a feeling that would make the pylon to broad and silly.

If anyone has a better suggestion to fix this i would love to hear it. Since wiring the pylons is seriously the hardest part to deal with.

Buzzit

i changed my mind and will give this configuration its own set of lines. there will an additional pylon with the wires wich spread like that in order to connect with the other pieces.

here's a pic of every pylon renderd.

every configuration has its own purpose and will have a small description on where the best place is to plop them.

for sample
the I insulator configuration is the standard and most used configuration in almost every country. This one doesn't have any special purposes.

the II insulator configuration, however has. They gave these pylons this configuration because theres a big chance it crosses with anything wich has traffic. And i mean everything from pedestrians up to boats.

The wind is also a big influence for some configurations. but thats for later.  :thumbsup:

Fresh Prince of SC4D

I like the work on this set so far buzzit. I think this will be your best set yet.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

rooker1

I must say that your transformer pylons are looking better and better.  Just compare your first one to this one and there is a night a day difference. 
A K-Point for great work!! &apls &apls

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Buzzit

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on May 17, 2012, 03:42:20 PM
I like the work on this set so far buzzit. I think this will be your best set yet.
Yeah i really like the result on this one sofar aswell! i think this one will be ready near the summerbreak :)

Quote from: rooker1 on May 18, 2012, 04:38:17 AM
I must say that your transformer pylons are looking better and better.  Just compare your first one to this one and there is a night a day difference. 
A K-Point for great work!! &apls &apls

Robin

wow thank you very much :)!

indeed it is! the progress might be slow but i rather have sets that are really worked out and have great resemblance to their real life counterparts.

because of this learned alot more about modeling it self and how to create things to accually look realistic and the way i want them to look.

but there's still much to learn :)

Buzzit

i have some sad news friends of sc4d.

my laptop crashed a week ago with all the data concerning this project.
The project is now un hold for a indefinitely time.
I'll try to create my internal HD into an external one. and hopefully i will be able to save the data.
if this fails. it might be a stop for the project for simcity 4. i dont know how things will work in simcity 5 but if its easy to mod i might start to mod for that one.

But lets hope i will be able to save my files.

buzzit

MandelSoft

Sad newws indeed. I can remember what happened to my HDD a few months ago. It sucks.

I hope that you can save your data! ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Buzzit

well i have some unfortunate news but my old laptop HD was the reason my laptop stopped working.

so this means i lost everything..

but this doesnt mean i will not continue this project.
it will take sometime but i am going to install a new 2/3 TB HD so i have plenty of room for my 2 favorite hobbies.(i'm also a music composer. but some of these programs are really huge!)

i will also start with a new system working up the voltages.

my latest release was a 20 kV set.

so the next one might be 50/110kV and so on.

i'm also open for requests now.

see you when im back on track!

metarvo

:o

Oh, Buzzit, too bad!  I'm sorry about that.  HD crashes are no good at all.  Even though you're going to have to install a new HD, it might pay to use an external HD anyway for backup purposes.  I sure hope this doesn't drive you away from BATting.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Buzzit

certainly not.
it even gives room to clean things up. and to work les chaotic.

but i might work with diffrently now. just releasing pylons wich are not country bounded and are inspired by real life models.

Storm24x

Buzzit

Quote from: Storm24x on August 30, 2012, 03:20:06 PM
Thx  :)
haha your welcome?! $%Grinno$%

anyway!
it has been AGES! i now have 3 hobbies up and running including music and a diffrent form of modeling!

Together with some other pylon enthousiasts(hoogspanningsforum.com) i have a small google earth project
to recreate the entire powergrid (atleast the 380kV grid) for holland. wich isn't accually that big of a deal. But with like every hobby you now and then want to do something else! (like music or simcity  $%Grinno$%)
here's a pic of that project the pylon is created by me

tobad these models seem to glitch pretty quickly  %wrd

anyway
I finally had some time to pick this up again to because i really like this form of modeling aswell!
I installed stock simcity 4 RH just recently! I forgot how it looked like without all the addons lol!

I also started batting again. with just a few attempts i was able to be at the point where i left it all.
This time i start with a diffrent approach
I just use my imagination and knowledge of pylons and create my own.

My latest release was a 20kV pack with the upcomming releases i will increase the voltage. so that in the end everyone would be able to create a realistic powergrid (if they want offcourse  $%Grinno$%)

here are some shots.
this pylon is really common throughout Europe.
its a 70kV asymmetrical pylon.
(dont mind the poor landscape! i didn't have time to regain those beautifull plugins $%Grinno$%)

test line:

variations :

Upclose :

About the variantions to add realism i varied the price among the diffrent variations
They all have a small describtion of what the isolator configuration is and what they are used for!

as you can see i have a pretty busy life with school hobbies and all haha!
good to be back though!

EDIT: oh the packs will be wired and wireless  :)

Buzzit

MandelSoft

Hey Buzzit! Glad to have you back! That 380kV Tower looks nice! I could easily convert it to an usable format for the BAT (3D Studio can import Sketchup files) and render it :o
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Buzzit

is that so? what a nice find is that!
a fellow GE modeler is busy creating a 'pylon museum' with all the types of holland.
I will ask if i can borrow some of those models to see what the results are.
Al though i think the pylons would lack some detail.

But it could be very usefull for a replacement for the original maxis towers.

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Welcome back Buzzit! I missed your pylon model genius. Your new models look great and the site you shown us is amazing; European pylon networks are aesthetically especially combine with the landscape that surround them. I can't wait to see how extensive your project may get. 

BTW will you still be taking requests ?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....