• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Neo Byzantinian Empire of Stropon

Started by Strechnitz, April 11, 2007, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

Very nice! Did the Don design it as a modular palace? Very impressive!  &apls :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

bat

kwakelaar

Great to see you restored to your former glory here on SC4D  ;), just like the palace of Listerlunde.
It is a grand palace indeed and your presentation is as spectacular as ever.

emilin

Hmmm... it's been a while since I posted in here I think. Sorry about that! The palace looks... frankly stunning. &apls Though I feel that some people in the court yard would probably make it even better. But it is none the less a very intelligent use of a brilliant BAT with very nice surroundings. As usual in Stropon. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

strech its great to see you back home and sorry to hear about your cash flow problems... I hope the empire can get more cash soon cause i loved this new update and will see you back soon i hope - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Strechnitz

Just a quick reply in between...

Do not fear for my Cash flow dear friend. :)
The aforementioned Bankruptcy problems were not mine but Stropon's in the 18th century.
Luckily they got solved ages ago. ;)

But thank you for your concern Pat! :thumbsup:

Strechnitz
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Pat

Ahhhhh ok i missed that little part that stropon gotten the cash flow straighted out sowwies about that strech

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Yoder7652

ok Strech...this is most impressive. The building is amazing (great work DB) and you lotting as well as the story with pictures are superb as always. So many great details to check out throughout this tour.....I've read it twice now and think that I have to go back for a third  :D I look forward to the private quarters!

Strechnitz

Welcome back dear viewers. If you just tuned in to this program than you have just stumbled on the fourth part of the Listerlunde Palace marathon, where we reveal the restored imperial splendour of this remarkable imperial residence.

Now that we have come halfway it is time for a little recap. In the first part we showed you The history of the palace. In the second one we have visited The orangerie, servants quarters and magnificent stables. In the third part we entered the imposing palace to unlock some of the wonders that have been kept from the public eye for too long. And now dear viewers we will finish the tour of the palace, before we will enter the gardens surrounding the palace.

Now as you now know this palace is built as a testament to the victory and heroism the Stroponian Empire has shown in the Napoleonic wars trying to defeat the self proclaimed Emperor Napoleon. Some examples are the Victory Gallery and the Staterooms. Another example is that the Pavilions are named after classical heroes whose courage and bravery have immortalised them in writing and art. Emperor Hector Aurelianus liked to surround himself with all these symbols of victory and glory.

Lets take a look at a few of the proud pavilions that adorn this palace. Here we have the Jason Pavilion. Named after the hero who retrieved the golden fleece.

The pavilions are not only named after heroes of times forlorn but are also adorned with favourite works of art of the emperor depicting the very heroes the pavilions are named after

Next one that deserves a closer look is the Achilles Pavilion.

Achilles, who was the fiercest and invulnerable warrior in Homer's Illiad. Invulnerable, apart for his heel that is. This painting by Benouville depicts the Wrath of Achilles.

This pavilion is one of the smallest in the palace but also the most special. It is dedicated to Bellerophon. The slayer of the Chimerea.

It is special because this painted ceiling Emperor Hector Aurelianus loved so much was taken out of the Imperial Citadel in Strechnitz to adorn this pavilion. Bellerophon who tamed Pegasus is depicted here flying up to the Olympus to join the gods. Zeus punished him for this arrogance by sending a fly to sting Pegasus causing Bellerophon to fall back down to earth...how the mighty have fallen eh?

Now we already know this pavilion. It is the Central pavilion of the palace where we entered to climb the Grand Imperial Staircase. It is named after the emperor's favourite hero Hercules.

Hercules is seen here to fight the multi headed Hydra as one of his great twelve tasks. Hercules was not only the favourite hero of Emperor Hector Aurelianus, the emperor even personified himself with him. Not very modest now is it?

The last Pavilion I would like to show you is the pavilion of Ajax

Ajax The tallest and strongest of the Achaeans who fought in The Trojan war. Second only to Achilles.

And now dear viewers it is time for us to enter the fabled Bernini wing. This is the only remaining part of the palace designed by Gian Battista Bernini. As mentioned before they house the Imperial private apartments. The interior of the wing was redone by Don Carlos to match the rest of the palace.

We will first take a look at the Emperors apartment. We will ascend the Emperors staircase where all the great names of the Voltheimer Dynasty look down on us.

After the usual ante chambers we enter the room of Theseus which was used for private audiences of the emperor for those who were close to the emperor.

This room lies next to the private study of the Emperor. Unfortunately the original furniture of this room could not be retrieved. There are plans to make copies of the originals though.

And when we round the corner...

We reach the Imperial bedroom where gold and damask fight for attention to be noticed.

Now I can hear you ask yourselves, dear viewers, and what about the Empress? Well her apartments were smaller than those of the ruling monarch. They can be found in the right side of the Bernini wing.

Highlight is the private dining room which is located here. The crowned heads in the 18th and 19th century had a different notion of cosy than we do today. For their "cosy" intimate dinners were given for 24 guests. Not quite my idea for an informal meal with friends. hahaha.

Now the further we enter into the private apartments the less ostentatious and ornamented they become.

Here we have the gallery of Psyche. Which was used as a private sitting room, for the empress and her closest ladies in waiting or confidants.

Then finally, the bedroom of her majesty. Note how the décor is almost opposite to that of the Emperor. The interior is the same as it was when the unhappy Empress Atalanta Victoria II had exiled herself to Listerlunde.

Well now my dears. That concludes this part of the Listerlunde Marathon. We have to leave you now for the World news but will be back right after that. So stay tuned dear viewers.

I am Alexandra von Hofenburg, and I hope to see you back for the palatial gardens in the next episode. Tadaah!
We close now with an image4 of the gardens so you cvan get an idea of what to expect...

I hope you all liked this update :)
Strechnitz.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

M4346

I can't take this anymore! This is killing me! I'm not coming back every again! :P

J/K!

This looks REALLY good!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Another great looking update, Strechnitz! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Super update, outstanding pics and I love that building.  Is it modular or one lot?

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

nova vesfalo

Magnificient ! Over-wow-ing !! You've made the MOST INCREDIBLE CASTLE ever seen !! WOrds aren't enough !!!!. The Bernini Wings !!! Awesome (looks like on Bernini Louvre sketch or even the Vieneese Belvedre !) THe awesomeness of the Castle has no boundary, and it's quite architecturaly acurate !! Love it !!

urban

This was so great! Even her holiness Karen Walker is
astonished by the luxury of the palace and the interior.
It is so amazing, she is (and I am too) speechless...wow

&hlp &hlp &hlp amazing &apls

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Russell

Dear Strech, what a tremendous update!

The Listerlunde Palace is impressive altogether, but the Bernini wing makes me drool - yes, that sounds discusting, but is nevertheless true. And the interiors are... well, fabulous.

I do believe you have outdone yourself this time. As you once wrote to me: I aplaud you.  &apls

kwakelaar

We are being completely spoilt here now, like the rest I just have to say the WOW factor is very high on the Listerlunde Palace.

CabraBuitre

I'm loving that Bernini wing too!

And I can't wait to see the palatial gardens... All of this is so beautiful!!

Check out Abelfarei!

Jerebannus

Outrageous!

Seriously I can't take this anymore, every time I look at it...I...I can't explain what's happening to me and I will hold you accountable for burning my eyes!! %confuso

It's too beautiful to bear, too magnificent to behold and overall too majestic to admire. It's just too much, too bloody much *cries*

&apls

kimcar

I just find a treasure this evening , and it`s your MD  &apls &apls &apls I would like to have an excuse to tell why i wasn`t stop before but i don`t have a good one. So the only things i gonna do it`s comming back because your super work deserve to be following for sure. So see you to the next  :thumbsup:

sebes

Back from 3 weeks vacation - and I need another one now to recover from reading about these great tours by your first class tour guide. The Listerlunde Palace is great (Good work Carlos  :thumbsup:) and you my friend made a marvelous story around it. I keep wondering where you get your inspiration....   ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN