• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Neo Byzantinian Empire of Stropon

Started by Strechnitz, April 11, 2007, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Stormont

YAY Finally it has become public........ &apls

As you know I think it's a stunning place and look forward to seeing it in it's full glory. The selection of images is once again fantastic as always. You continue to impress me as always Hubert.

I shall PM  this week to make arrangements for the state visit, once I get home and near my own computer..... :satisfied:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

mattb325

Ooooo. It's a beauty. I'm sure that palace was wrought by the best craftsman in all the land  ;)

Can't wait for more  :)

Pat

oooh dear strech you snuk in a edit that is soo cool i love it - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Strechnitz

Pat Thank you Pat. and don't worry you don't have to wait very long for this cycle of updates. speaking of which the next one is already here :)

Bat Thank you my most faithful poster :thumbsup:

Nova Vesfalo The Louvre? Close, very close but the palace itself is not the louvre.  :satisfied:

Belfastuniguy I aim to please my friend. and thank you for being a good supporter on this project.

Matt yes it was. It nearly got Stropon bankrupt. :P more is here, and yet more will come still.  ;D

Pat yup, I am sneaky, aren't I?  %wrd

This update contains the second part of the Listerlunde Palace cycle. Here is your favorite host in your favorite Stroponian TV-programme.

Hello and Welcome back dear viewers. We are about to show you the first glimpses of the regained beauty of Listerlunde Palace. I Alexandra von Hofenburg will be the first to enter the gates and see all the splendour of this palace before our beloved Holy Emperor will open the palace to the public next month.

And here we are. Feast your eyes on the Victory square or the Cour de la Victoire as it is officially called. The entrance gates, partly gilded are hinged in between marble columns. The gates and fences were cast out of canons the Army of Hector Aurelianus took from the battlefield from the retreating french army.

The center of the Square is adorned with the Equestrian statue of his Holy Imperial Majesty, Hector Aurelianus the Great. The Victor of Waterloo. To accommodate the expected masses of tourists a huge 4 storey parking garage is excavated underneath the entire square.

Once people will have parked their cars they will resurface at the ticket counters slash souvenir shops which are built at the far left and right end of the garage. Some critics state that the two glass and concrete structures are an abomination. Desecrating the palace. But for modern structures they blend in quite well I think.

The buildings alongside the Square of Victory are the four quadrangles used as servant wings. Here the small army of domestics ate and slept the sandstone facades are quite stern and sparsely decorated. This was done in order not to take away to much attention of the Palace itself. But Listerlunde hides many beautiful secrets. Some of which are hidden by the servant wings themselves.

Lets go and see one of those hidden treasures. We will  leave the square on the right side and enter the former kitchen garden. In the golden age of the palace vegetables and fruits used in the kitchens were grown here. As well as flowers to adorn the private apartments of the Imperial family. Now the beds are filled with grass. But according to the director of operations, the beds will be planted next year. They will be planted with fruit and vegetables according a planting scheme from 1847 retrieved from the Imperial Archives Building.

Now the centerpiece of the kitchen gardens is naturally the stunning Orangerie. Here the more exotic fruits and flowers not fit to grow in our climate were kept. The amount of decoration outside and the marble clad walls inside show you how important this utility building was to the Imperial family.

In and around Listerlunde you will find many references to the pantheon of classic gods and mythical figures. As was the fashion at the time. The central room of the Orangerie is therefore the temple dedicated to Pomona, goddess of fruit and gardens, and Vertumnus, God of Harvest and Autumn. Inside the central room a statue of the two classic gods grace the room.

But not only staff could be found in the kitchen gardens. Empress Elfriede Josephine for instance was so keen on it that she often took walks in the kitchen garden. Or read books and drink tea in front or inside the Orangerie, instead of  the palace gardens.

On the other side of the square the servant wings give way to another important building no palace could do without.... The stables! The visitor is greeted by this imposing Arch. Adorned with bucking horses.

The horses, so delicately carved out of limestone are no ordinary horses, oh no. They represent Lampos and Phaeton, the immortal steeds of the Dawn goddess Eos. They are also known as Hippoi Athanatoi, were the immortal horses of the gods. They were the offspring of the four Wind-Gods who themselves were said to draw the chariot of Zeus as horses. Here however they hold up the Imperial coat of arms. The arch is a gate leading to a square used for parking carriages and exercising the horses.

In the middle of the Equestrian square lies the fountain of Eos. Goddess of dawn. besides being decorational the fountain was mainly built for quenching the horses thirst as well as providing clean water to wash the steeds.

The stables are a magnificent structure. A palace in it's own right. Where no trouble or cost was spared to enhance the building. Behind the stables and square we also see the pens used for grazing the horses.

This brings us back to the Cour de la Victoire, and the end of this part of the programme. Pleas join us again after these commercial. Where we will enter the Palace and unlock her many treasures. stay tuned :)

Hope you like it so far.
Strechnitz.

Russell

These last two updates are just excuisite. Greatly told history and choice of paintings to illustrate it.

And Listerlunde Palace - what a beauty. Wish I too could have some skillful BATter creating such marvels for me.

Hope to see more soon.

Russell

Emperor Stormont

YAY

It's stunning the small details just make it luxurious and wonderful. It looks amazing Hubert. I loved the gate, everything in fact is just a pleasure for the eyes. I await the rest...... &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

That's a wonderful looking place! Great work! :thumbsup:

Serkanner

This has become one fantastic MD and truly worthy of the title "Classic"... Looking forward already to the next installment.  :thumbsup:

Pat

Strech simply put is amazingly beautiful update...  Hey where did you get those underground parking ramps at?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nova vesfalo

Wow-ing the BATs are over-great ! (and you don't forget the Orangerie ^^), Listerlunde Palace is sooo great ! Love the garden "vases and the entrance !! You have your stromponian Versaille !!

mattb325

The palace is superb. Bankruptcy for such beauty is well worth it  :)

threeswept

Fantastic programme chronicling the palace! Love it...but, really love Alexandra von Hofenburg (aka the Bucket woman) - seems so fitting a hostess. I'm sure she drives a respectable car...like a Mercedes. I vote best hostess in an MD ever!!

M4346

*faints*

This is a GREAT collaboration and the results are just amazing!

WOW and WELL DONE to both of you!  &apls &apls

I love it! :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

kwakelaar

This is just stunning, the palace and the grounds are looking fantastic so far.

Badsim

I was already an addict to Stropon's grandeur ... ::) ... but this time I'm simply jealous Strech !

Versailles under  SC4 is a legend (not the exact word ...) since many years (see different forgotten threads about it at Simtro. and from time to time teaser news from Debussyman ... ) .

Here a palace that kind ... finally . Wonderfull , fabulous ... :satisfied:
I particularly love the entrance iron gate ...  like the one from Parc de La Tête d'or (Lyon - France) .

Can't wait for the great opening "next month" , currently your use of base textures is excellent , my only advices would be to rotate randomly the trees ... and add a lot of people . ;)

&apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Revol

The palace is stunning! I'm a sucker for 18th century style  grand buildings, and that one is one of the best BAT's I've seen in that style.

wonderful C.J, a joy to read  :)

Strechnitz

Hello my friends

I will resume the Listerlunde updates shortly.
Due to a little accident my original membersip was deleted.
Hence the fact my previous posts are called "guest"
But fear not, Dedgren is working very hard to fix this.

So rest assured, you won't have to wait too long.

Regards,

Strechnitz.

And why not add the personal replies. they are almost overdue :)

Russel Thank you for your kind words Russel, and who knows what the future will bring?

Belfastuniguy Thanks :) I hope the next update will also please your eyes.

Bat Thank you glad you liked it.

Serkanner Thanks Serkanner and welcome  ;D don't be stranger now. much more is to come still :)

Patfirefighter Thank you for your support my friend. The parking garages are done by Schmails and can be found on the STEX. he has 3 diferent styles in the sizes 1x1 1x3 and 1x6. I don't have a link but if you look up his name you will have found them in no time. :)

Nova Vesfalo of course I don't forget the orangerie my dear Nova. ;D They are one of my favorite type of buildings. and yes. thanks to Debussyman I have my own Stroponian Versailles. for which I am very grateful :)

MattB Thank  you. And indeed bankruptcy is merely a technicality  :D I do hope you will aprove of the gardens too. but they won't come till update 4 in this series.

Threeswept Glad you like it Threeswept. Alexandra (the bucket woman) apreciates your comment. but she does not drive Mercedes. she's transported in a Bentley. :)

M Thank you for the compliments. We are happy about the result of this joint Venture as well :)

Kwakelaar Thank you Kwakelaar as you might have guessed we are only halfway now. the larges part still has to come.

Badsim Oh be jealous then ;) no please just enjoy it, and who knows...
Versailles has indeed a history of many attempts by several batters wich somehow always seem to bleed to death silently. but here it is.

That gate is stunning Badsim. The gates for Listerlunde are inspired on the gates f the Palacio Real in Madrid.

With this collaboration I for myself hope to have a most convincing fictive reconstruction of a European palace and gardens in the baroque tradition like for instance a Versailles, a Casserta A Shoenbrunn. and the likes. And I believe we (debussyman and me) have succeeded quite nicely in this attempt. But you all are the judges as soon as the last(fifth) update has been put on display.

Revol Hello and welcome Revol. If you liked the side buildings you must love the actual palace in the following post. :) I'm glad that ypu like my little attempt to create a terrribly bombastic empire :) pleas keep enjoying to read the succesive updates :)

Take care,

Strechnitz.

Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Strechnitz

After a few glitches and setbacks we are back to continue the Listerlunde cycle.
So please enjoy this third part of the Listerlunde cycle. The etiquette conscious von Hofenburg diva is eager and ready...are you too?  :P

And welcome back dear viewers. I do hope the commercials were not too long for your taste. But your patience will be rewarded Please follow me as we are about to enter this palace of dreams.

This is the moment we have long been waiting for. We are going to show you some of the finest rooms in the palace. If we wanted to show you everything we would need a whole week to do that. Ha ha ha ha, oh ridiculous. Now let's start shall we?

Feast your eyes on this masterpiece of Don Carlos Christobal, San Eustacio de Merveilhosa! For the first time seen in it's entirety. from the front.

The Square in between the palace wings is called The Imperial Square or La Cour Imperial.
We walk up the driveway right up to the central pavilion.

Here we Walk up the Grand Imperial Staircase. The large marble staircases left and right of the pavilion lead up to the central hall. This imposing entrance promises a lot for the rooms to come.

From here the long gallery of ambassadors lead us to the throne room of Listerlunde Palace. Do note that the entire architecture of this part is mainly aimed to awe and impress visitors.
Traditionally a residence would have a series of state rooms to impress the ambassadors and other dignitaries. But since this palace was not intended as an official residence that feature was not deemed necessary

And here we enter the throne room. It's a magnificent space. It's Large and light and impressive. At the far side we see the throne of Emperor Hector Aurelianus under the baldachin. And yes dear viewers, It is all gold that glitters in this room.

Behind the throne room we enter a stateroom with some works of art. But let me point your attention to the fine stucco ceiling the gild plaques depict the monarchs who participated in the allied front against Napoleon Bonaparte

1: His Holy Byzantinian Imperial Majesty, Emperor Hector Aurelianus of Stropon
2: His Holy Roman Imperial Majesty, Emperor Francis I of Austria
3: His Imperial Majesty, Tsar Alexander I of Russia
4: His Royal Majesty, King George III of Great Britain
5: His Royal Majesty, King Frederick Wilhelm the III of Prussia
6: His Royal Majesty, King Charles the XIII of Sweden and Norway

Now if we would leave this room through the door in front of us we come into the first of the Listerlunde Galleries. Here the visitor can see an impressive collection of European fine art. But we will not enter these. They are for you my dear viewer to explore once you come to Listerlunde. No we'll leave this room on the right.

We now enter the long gallery dedicated to the battles and victories of Emperor Hector Aurelianus and his armies. Therefore it will not surprise you that this long gallery is named the "victory gallery"

The Victory gallery links the official part of the palace with the one used to entertain guests.

The first room we will enter is the Imperial drawing room. Gold, velvet and crystal are the dominant feature here. In this room that was used for drinks and assembling of the guests before they entered...

The State Dining room. Used for state dinners naturally. Capable of seating 140 people it is the largest dining room in the whole of the Stroponian Empire. And again under the baldachin stands the original thrones used by The Emperor Hector Aurelianus and the Empress consort.

What would one do after a sumptuous dinner? Indeed dear viewers dance the night away during a ball. And what better place for a waltz or quadrille than this opulent ballroom? Aptly named "Grand Ballroom. The balcony on the far side would house the orchestra that accompanied the high born guests with the music of the day.

Now we stand in an entirely different part of the palace. The far end of the North wing.

Here we are in the ante room of the Palace chapel. This room with the beautiful parquet floor and the gilded paneling shows the Solomon's judgment on the painted ceiling. Here the Imperial family would use their breakfast on Sunday mornings before the commencement of holy mass in the chapel. naturally that did not start until it pleased his majesty to let it do so.

In the Chapel the assembled Courtiers and Ambassadors and even the palace chaplain would wait until the doors to the imperial balcony would open as a sign that the Imperial family had finished their breakfast and mass could commence. Now the Chapel has a very onorthodox design and is not the original interior as Don Carlos had designed it. This is one of the alterations Empress Atalanta Victoria II had made in the palace interior.

Her Holy Imperial Majesty, Atalanta Victoria II, the Apostate.

She had turned it into a ballroom that could be used as a chapel when desired. Empress Atalanta Victoria II, the Apostate. Had lost her faith after each and everyone of her nine children died in their infancy. Being seen as and expected to be the link between the mortal and the metaphysical realm she turned very bitter and glum.

His Serene Highness, Michael von Drazolinsky, Consul Regent.

in 1849 she denounced her faith and receded from the public eye. She gave the reigns of government to her Lord High Chancellor, Lord von Drazolinsky, to be the Consul Regent while she spent her last years mourning and embitterd in Listerlunde. Shutting out the world to be alone with her grief and pain. This period where she had locked herself up in this maze of rooms and galleries is known as the "Inter regnum Sede Plena" The Consul Regent had been given the imperial wing of the Imperial Citadel as a fitting residence for him who was actually pulling the Strings in the Stroponian Empire. His aspirations and airs provoked disgust from the Aristocracy and the Simeonist Clergy who mockingly called Lord Drazolinsky's residence the "Dwarf's Court."

Before her flight into seclusion however, she had ordered other mid 19th century renovations. Like the construction of two domes of cast iron and glass. Closing of the two inner courtyards of the palace. The first she turned into a concert room and the other into a palm garden. She also had the open galleries of the Bernini Wing sealed of with glass windows so she could take walks looking into the garden without having to go outside. The palace gardens house a fine palm house but she did not want to go outside unless it would be to take her back to Strechnitz in a coffin. And her wish was granted. After dying out of grief, she left the palace for the first time in 8 years. To be buried in the Imperial Mausoleum.

Now parties and dinners were more often than not held for Groups of nobles and courtiers too small to use the grand state rooms. Most of them were held in the outer wing overlooking the Great pond.

The rooms were still big and lavishly decorated with sumptuous materials but they are not so huge and almost cozy. Like for instance the Dynastic Dining room. Which would only seat about 50 hungry courtiers. The golden elongated centerpiece running along the entire length of the large dining table is one of the many spoils of war The emperor took home with him from the Imperial residences in France.

The Ivory room is exactly what is claims to be. This drawing room on one side of the enfilade of drawing rooms, were the court used to come together in the evenings, has the color ivory as the dominant color of the walls and ceiling. But that's not very astonishing. No! What gave this room her name my dear viewers is the furniture. Every piece in this room is from top to bottom inlaid with ivory. From the tusks of elephants shot in Nargoon and given to the Imperial family as gifts, by the Vice Roy's of that Colony.

The last room I'm showing you before we go out for the commercials is the Amber room. The amber room sits on th other end of the enfilade and was often used as a music room. It is not however like the fabled amber room of the Romanoff's. No but the columns are covered with pieces of amber. 2.3 million pieces of amber were used to cover the columns entirely.

Now don't go away, We'll be right back after the commercials. Then we will enter the realm of the private imperial appartments in the Bernini wing of the palace, and a first look into the splendid gardens. Tataah.

praiodan

Quote from: Strechnitz on September 03, 2007, 03:44:08 AMFeast your eyes on this masterpiece of Don Carlos Christobal, San Eustacio de Merveilhosa!

Indeed a real feast for the yes you got there  &apls Very good compilation of of the rooms, I can imagine overall it was not too cheap to furnish it the way it was done ;)

Even his greatness Friedrich-Arnold III. von Hohenzollern, absolute monarch of the Zollernmark Kingdom, was astonished  and would love to visit Listerlunde himself soon - maybe on a small stop on his traveling to Walkers Island where he will spend the winter  :)

Strechnitz

Hello Praiodan,

Thank you for your kind reply. and indeed as I already mentioned to Matt, the building activities nearly bankrupted the Empire, the furnishment almost finished it of. That was prevented by the "loot" from from the fled French emperor's palaces and the rest was paid by bleeding the colony of Quitaniania dry. (I know. not very elegant. it is a period of history which is yet to be showcased, and unfortunately a very black page in Stroponian history)

And on a more formal note. Indeed will his Absolute Majesty Friedrich-Arnold von Hohenzollern III be most
welcome to visit Stropon and a special tour will be aranged for his Greatness.
Perhaps the visit is also a good time for an informal chat between our monarchs about establishing Diplomatic relations? :)

Strechnitz