• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maxis' extra cheats.dll now on the LEX

Started by xxdita, November 17, 2009, 02:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Quote from: alexr19 on November 20, 2009, 11:01:00 PM
I tried that WatchMeMove cheat but didn't notice any thing. Can anyone confirm that it actually encourages growth?

The WatchMeMove as far as I'm aware just does "More pedestrians will run when you look at them"
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Jonathan

Just worked out what two more unknown cheats are, I was looking through LUA scripts (actually studying the tutorials and seeing if I could create my own, but got sidetracked) and noticed the word word "csi" came up a lot.
Sadly it has nothing to with crime, and does not stand for Crime Scene Investigation. But stands for City Situation, originally I thought the NoCSI cheat would stop things like fires happening but sadly it wasn't the case.

In all they are pretty useless. The cheats csitrigger and NoCSI relates to UDI missions. csitrigger does exactly what it says triggers a city situation, so if you type "csitrigger 8c0ad6a8" a the UDI mission accept/decline box (like an adviser pop up but green) appears allowing you to accept or decline the School Bus Mission - Study for Profit (evil/Dr Vu), the 8c0ad6a8 is the id of the mission as defined in LUA scripts.

NoCSI is much simpler you just type in NoCSI, and it hides (Note: it doesn't turn off) the blue bubbles that appear over automata saying you have a UDI mission, this cheat is pointless as you can turn off these bubbles in the My sim pane, in the U Drive it menu, the button at the bottom, strangely though if you type in the cheat it doesn't toggle the button.

So the new definitions:
csitrigger <value> - Triggers a UDI pop up, the value being the id of the mission.

NoCSI - Hides the bubbles that appear over automata letting you know that automata is a UDI mission.

2 useless cheats but at least the cheat list is slightly less unknown :)

EDIT: Also Flora is entered into the cheat box as "Flora off" which permanently removes flora from the city, and you can not enter "flora on" to get it back, save and exiting and going back into the city will not bring it back either.

And the Tutorial cheat can at least be used to reset the tutorial of the city you are playing in (don't do this cheat if you are in a city that doesn't have a tutorial it will crash your game.) by typing "Tutorial reset", it won't reset any changes you've made to the city though.

Jonathan

Andreas

Thanks for investigating this further! :) I shall update my list soon with all the new/corrected findings, even though most of the "unknown" cheats are really only intended for debugging/testing the game (some of them are probably just there because the buttons were still missing in the beta version).
Andreas

RippleJet

Quote from: Jonathan on November 24, 2009, 12:47:36 PM
the 8c0ad6a8 is the id of the mission as defined in LUA scripts.

The ID's for those missions that unlock a reward can be found in How to Get Maxis Rewards. ;)

Ennedi

There is a difference between BuildingPlop and LotPlop cheats. In fact their names speak for themselves. Most people (including me till last weekend  ;)) use BuildingPlop command when they want to plop a growable, a reward etc. But I found the LotPlop is more practical IMO and I'll try to explain why:

1. When you click BuildingPlop > Enter, a window with building names opens. You must choose the building and close this window, then you see the next window with a list of lots containing the building choosen by you.
LotPlop command leads you directly to the window with lot names (it contains names of all lots installed in your Plugins in this case), so the plopping process is quicker.

2. Lot names are sometimes different than building names and people are usually more familiar with lot names. Some building names aren't displayed correctly, especially for Japanese creations. Here is a window with building names including Somy's stuff:

As you see we don't know what are these buildings marked by me.
Now I must choose one building, close the window (as described in point 1) and the window with lot names appears:

The lot name is displayed correctly.
LotPlop command leads me directly to this window:

I didn't see lot names which would be completely mysterious (even for Japanese stuff) in this window. So I found this command more practical.

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Jonathan

I think I have an idea about what "controllers" cheat does.
A controller is an generator(possibly attractors and repulsers too) of automata, such as the SFBT coloured GLR stations, they generate automata of the stations colour.

I noticed that if I typed Controllers off into the cheat box the SFBT stations stopped producing their automata and as soon as I entered Controllers on they started producing again(i did this a couple of time to make sure its not coincidence)

But a bus stop (i think it is one of SimGoober's) didn't stop producing buses so unless that works differently I'm not sure how the cheat works, but that it is to do with automata generators. And I guess there is some way of controlling which Controllers are turned off.

But not a very useful cheat.

Jonathan

FlyHigh

So, for all of you who feel lost about what cheats can you use, here is a list with all the cheats and functions i could find.

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=113149&enterthread=y

Btw, I may update this list to include some other cheats and definitions that there aren't there later on so keep a look out.

Enjoy!  ;)

>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

RippleJet

That's a nice list, Maxwell! :thumbsup:
Feel free to attach that PDF file to a post here as well. ;)

Jonathan

Great list, update on the tutorial cheat (not very exciting) typing "tutorial next" goes to the next page in the tutorial, useful when you fiddling with tutorials trying to make your own and you can't be bothered to keep on dragging and plopping things.

I think you deserve a K-point but I don't have the powers to.

RippleJet

You need to register on the LEX first.
Note that the LEX is not the same as SC4Devotion. Separate entities and separate logins.
Which of course doesn't mean you cannot use the same username and password on both sites. ;)

sparcdr

Works great on Deluxe, unlike everything else I've tried before.  Thanks!

dljrfn2000

This makes the game so much different, no more spending hours typing in "weaknesspays" or actually playing the game I can really focus on building what I see in my head for a MD

ComputerSaysNo

I'm new here and I don't know how to download this  :'( .

RippleJet

There is no account on the LEX registered as ComputerSaysNo...
Thus, I think I'll just quote myself from a mere three posts above yours... :)

Quote from: RippleJet on March 01, 2010, 02:14:40 PM
You need to register on the LEX first.
Note that the LEX is not the same as SC4Devotion. Separate entities and separate logins.
Which of course doesn't mean you cannot use the same username and password on both sites. ;)

Cosmic

I think I have discovered what the WatchMeMove cheat does...

After entering it, I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P (I found the combination in SimCity1.dat through reader), and everything stopped. No more animations occurred (even after I placed a road, which, even when paused normally, you'd see the construction crew moving along it and 'building' it. After using that key combination, even they're stopped. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F11 causes the animation to step forward a little bit, and using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P again causes animation to resume.
This seems to be the case, since the combination does nothing without entering the cheat.

Doesn't seem like it would be that helpful, unless you were going to take screenshots, then you could use it to find the perfect frame to take a screenshot (the interface still works perfectly; it's just the visual in-game stuff that stops.) Also, the day-night cycle continues, as does the game's clock. So it apparently doesn't freeze time...

Reader also says that Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Pause would also work.

Edit: No one has anything to say about it? Well then...
I guess I'll show something I did using it:

It's the fabled (OK, not really) Maxis Lightning Strike disaster. And normally you'd have to be either extremely lucky or extremely fast to get a print-screen like this of it
because of it's short duration. But with the frame-stopper, it's rather simple. Some good timing is still needed, but definitely not as much as capturing it normally.
BTW. the only part of the interface that this key combination seems to freeze are the advisor's faces. The buttons for them still work, it's just they don't move their heads.
Oh, one more use I can think of: Animations could potentially be made by pausing everything with the key combination, then taking a picture, moving things forward one frame with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F11, taking another picture, etc, and then compiling all the pictures together in sequence or something.

RippleJet

Quote from: Cosmic on September 28, 2010, 02:41:55 PM
Edit: No one has anything to say about it? Well then...

Wow... I'm sorry nobody has commented... that's quite a nice find, Cosmic! :thumbsup:

Blue Lightning

Might as well add this bit...

Syntax:
Effect EFFECT_STRING_NAME

Where EFFECT_STRING_NAME is the name of the effect in the effect directory. When the cheat is used, the game will run the effect (as many times as dictated by the effect's scripting (repeat, repeat x times then end, or run once) at the center of the city tile.

You can find valid names in Section 13, 14, and 15 of the Effect DIR in SimCity1.dat. Most of them do what exactly their name is, and some of them aren't just graphical effects (ie mushroomcloud (I think) creates a crater in the terrain) I've used some of the effect names (2 in particular) in a pair of instant exploding lots I made a few months back, actually.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Lowkee33

Quote from: Blue Lightning on October 12, 2010, 01:01:47 PM
Might as well add this bit...

Syntax:
Effect EFFECT_STRING_NAME

numbers at the end of this will determine the x, y, and z placement

"Effect Waterdrop 500 1000 0"  will place the waterdrop effect at 500 meters in the x direction, 1000 meters in the y direction (altitude), and 0 meters in the z direction.  Use "terrainquery" to figure out where you want it, although I was not able to make more than one effect happen.

Rubber ducky slave is interesting.  It's Y value actually makes the lights go down in altitude while the water effect stays at sea-level.  Didn't try a negative Y...

jdenm8

While it's been a while... May I say that the GOL cheat appears to be interactive? Clicking on a tile with no tool selected has the ability to bring that tile "back to life".

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

FrankU

Quote from: Andreas on November 17, 2009, 10:12:54 AM
SimDate <Value> - changes the in-game date to the value you entered, this is useful for testing seasonal props

And this was exactly waht I wanted to use the cheat for. I just don't get it working.
Can someone tell me how to enter the values of the dates? I tried very hard lately but was not able to make the game change the date.