• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Desert Springs: update 20 - More from Nottingham and changes at the airport...

Started by amapper, November 05, 2009, 06:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amapper

Desert Springs is a gateway to the mountains and beyond.
What will it's future be as highways link it to the rest of the nation?

dragonshardz

Looks good, amapper! It's a great start to what looks to be an MD with a great backstory.

djvandrake

You're off to a great start!  looking forward to seeing this one grow.  :thumbsup:

Nardo69

A desert town in the USA. Haven't seen such a thing for quite some time. But I like the start. :)

Nice railyard there.  ;)

Take care my friend

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

tooheys

Thats a great looking quad, and it will be interesting to see how you develop it. The town looks good and I agree with Nardo that the railyard is nicely done. :thumbsup:  Good to see a story as well.

One to watch I'm sure.

Dave

Tomas Neto

Fantastic start, great work!!!  &apls &apls

sumwonyuno

Very nice start!  I really like that region view.   ;D

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Glowbal

Yes well.. great!! Another fantastic MD here!  ;D

Tomas Neto

It will be very cool to follow the developĀ­ment of your diary here in the SC4D!!! Another great update!!!  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Wonderful start!  You've got the great beginnings of a desert town here!  I really like what you've done with the railyard there, it looks great.  Looking forward to what you've got coming next!

Earth quake

Excellent start and update. &apls

Really nice city and the hoghway is really impressive.
Bedside, the city is looking beautiful and the region is really splendid.

ecoba

Quite a good start.

I'll be looking at this for sure, haven't seen a desert MD for a while.

Ethan

amapper

We are now going to jump ahead 10 years and see how the city is doing:
There has been a lot of growth, starting with distribution companies, then as people moved in to fill jobs
services and retail followed. Thanks to the vision of the city's mayor (Pete Wright, great-great grandson
of old BJ Wright), Desert Springs is transitioning into a dynamic green oasis. Broad avenues have been laid
out connecting subdivisions with shopping and industrial areas. Landscaping is being added to the main
thoroughfares and parks in the subdivisions.

Earth quake

Nice update.
I really like your suburbs.

threestooges

Nice work here. The desert terrain is something you don't see too often, and seems like, with the green-ness of some of the lots out there, seems like it could be hard to work with. But you are doing a good job with it. You seem to be taking full advantage of the space available and it really adds to the realism. Large parking lots, open areas. No reason to build too dense (yet). The fact that a railyard helped play a part in the town's development is just icing on the cake. Where did you get your apartment buildings? I don't recall having seen them before, but they look nice on the lots. The school is laid out very well too. Simple, yet effective. Where'd you draw your inspiration for this? Looking forward to what's next.

sumwonyuno

The expansion of the city is well done.  What are those spaces in the middle of the residential areas for?

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Tomas Neto

Nice again, my friend!!! Great work!!!  :thumbsup:

danielcote

I like the appartment you chose plus the layout looks great. Its also diffrent and intresting to see a city placed in a more arrid climate with tropic trees  :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.