• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Invermere Lake by szarkoz

Started by szarkoz, April 01, 2007, 04:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szarkoz

I'd like to welcome you all in my first MD on SC4D, Invermere Lake!
I've been playing SC4 for over a year and I have already presented some of my works on other websites. Maybe some of you remember names of Caledonia or Everon - if that's true, then it's me who were their author ;D

Let's get to the topic. This what you see above is a simple Coat of Arms of Invermere Lake region. I haven't prepared any good history of this area, you can just guess that the date of 1863 as seen in the lowest part of the Coat of Arms is the date of estabilishment of the first settlement in the Invermere Lake area.

I'm sure you can associate this region with Invermere, British Columbia. I'll still try to make it look like a possible region in Canada, however, this is not my necessary aim. It's obvious that I am considering much realism into this MD, but it's not the most important issue for me - I care about the looks at most.

Of course, a big credit goes to NHP which is the author of this beautiful map. Here you can see how this map looks like. I hope now you'll get the look of the Coat of Arms - you can see a lake in between of two mountains.

You can click HERE to see the region picture in full size.

Just before I start this MD for real, I'd like to note that I will use cheats, helpers and much other unfair stuff to make this region look better. I stopped caring about the way I play this game long ago.

So, the first pictures will show Arroyo River which is situated in the north-west corner of the region (you can't see it on the above region picture). They will be posted tomorrow.

Feel free to post your opinions and comments!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TABLE OF CONTENTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd April, 2007 - Arroyo River reservoir and Hydroelectric Power Plant. An eye-candy picture\postcard of Arroyo River. The first update of Invermere Lake.

7th April, 2007 - Early morning pictures taken while moving along Arroyo River. Hot springs. First town in Invermere Lake region - Klamath Creek.

15th April, 2007 - 2 mosaics of the upcoming town of Lockney.
If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

thundercrack83

The region looks great, so far! I can't wait to see how you develop it.

QuoteJust before I start this MD for real, I'd like to note that I will use cheats, helpers and much other unfair stuff to make this region look better. I stopped caring about the way I play this game long ago.

I haven't seen this put more eloquently anywhere. I agree, 100%!

beskhu3epnm

Great start on this MD. The terrain mods/ water mods combo you have used to render the map are an excellent combination!!

szarkoz, I have special interest in the development of this region. You can rest assured that I will be following it's development.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Flipside

A lovely way to start. :) I'll be anxiously awaiting more.

jplumbley

I will definately be watching this!! It took me almost a month to terraform this area....

Thank you for this awesome compliment!!  The terrain mod you have chosen is beautiful, just what I imagined!  I am so gitty I cant wait to see what you do!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

dedgren

Tomek- Wow!  You're finally here.

...I was keeping my fingers crossed for Everon II- this looks even better'n that...

I'm going to bet this MD's here and going strong for a long time.  I can't wait to see your next update.

Take care, and it's so good to be back commenting on your work once again.

UPDATE
: Oops, almost forgot... Good luck!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

wouanagaine

Hi Szarkoz,

Glad to see you starting a new MD, and with this map and your skills, I bet it will be very interesting .

Good luck 

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

szarkoz

It's 10 a.m. here now, I've got about 15 minutes till I'll have to leave, so... isn't it an ideal time for a quick update? ;)

PERSONAL REPLIES

thundercrack83 - Thank you for posting the first comment in Invermere Lake! Heheh, you know, I just though it'd be better if I was honest just from start.

beskhu3epnm - I've been worried about those mods, actually. It's nice to know that there are people that think they're excellent for this map, though! :) Thank you for your comment!

Flipside - Thank you for your comment, well looks like you don't have to wait anymore.

jplumbley - So great to see a comment from a member of NHP! Finding good maps was always a pain in the neck for me - I couldn't find any that would match my needs. But when I saw this one, I just thought 'Yes. This is the one' :) Thank you for your comment!

dedgren - Nice to know that you remember me and my works David! Even if I hadn't posted any comments neither in 3RR nor in others' works, I've been a constant lurker all the time. When it's evening here, I'll post some comments. Anyway, thank you for posting your comment here, David.

wouanagaine - Hey, wouanagaine. I hope so too ;) Thank you for your comment!

Well, it's just few hours since start when you've got the first update of Invermere Lake.
In my last post I told you that I am working on Arroyo River in the north-west corner. That's why we'll be having our first update there. I acutally have been playing with this region for few days so I have some things done already:

» placing trees everywhere » DONE!

» first parts of Arroyo River » DONE!

» dam on Arroyo River » DONE!

» some various facilities around Arroyo River » DONE!

And looks like that's all so far...

Well, we'll take a look at the Hydroelectric Reservoir of Arroyo River. It's a source of electricity for whole Invermere Lake, as well as one of tourist attractions. On the picture you'll be able to see the Arroyo River Dam and Arroyo River Hydroelectric Power Plant. The completion of hydroelectric facilities is dated to 1970s, so the flora around the reservoir was able to grow again.
There are also 2 restaurants. First one, located on a cliff just near the reservoir provides an amazing view of the reservoir; it's expensive, though. Second one is located near the power plant, so that makes it much cheaper, but worse.

You can click on this link to see the mosaic in full size. It's big though (4MB), so I recommend you 'saving target as' instead of opening it your browsers.

Next picture shows the area down the dam. You can see a beautiful rail bridge and waterfalls there. Plus it's all in a great, late afternoon sun.

Same here, you can click on this link to get the image in its full size.

As for the end, I leave you with the current region image.

Well, that's everything for this update. We'll see again soon! ;)
If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

emilin

That is STUNNING! Perfect editing of excellent development. I'm already hooked after just two brief updates. &apls &apls &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Heinz

massive start!!! this looks like one ill be following with great interest! the river looks sooo alive my friend. lets hope that dam holds!!! we dont want the lush river to drown. lol see you around

HabLeUrG

wohohoho  :thumbsup: &apls this just AWESOME, keep it up love that plopeable lake and falls, especially the bridge picture one, u should participate at SC4Picture competition

If you need a map by me in a near future, don't worry and will be here serving to you for a map  ;)

Will keep an eye into this  ;D

jplumbley

Just peachy!!  I love it, show me more, more.... [Simpson's Reference] Im a ravenous, blood sucking leech always wanting more, more! [/Simpson's Reference]

I love what you did to the top half of the river, then the hydro dam.... Ces't Manufique (is that how you spell it Wou?)  Did you like the laid out river beds I created?  It seems like you did :P
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

meinhosen

Ooooooh!   Aaaahhh!  ;D

Great work!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

kimcar

Really nice view that you show !  :thumbsup: Very good looking layout . Looking forward for sure

beskhu3epnm

I think the term is 'magnifique' and from the looks of that dam setup, it's an understatement. Incredible work on this, I'm very impressed!

I'm glad our map is meeting your expectation. Seeing such a great MD on it is a real honor!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Serkanner

Not only have you picked one of the very best maps I have ever seen, but your first updates also promises a very high quality Mayor Diary. The way you have "filled" the riverbed, complete with dam and all is just astounding. This is one to MD to follow for sure.  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

That reservoir and dam is absolutely amazing, only topped by that HUGE mosaic of it! Excellent work, my friend! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

kwakelaar

This is a great start for a new MD &apls

Emperor Stormont

The river picture was beautiful, what fantastic work szarkoz and a wonderful start to ur MD

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Badsim

Hi szarkoz ,

I have to say that this representation of a dam and its artificial lake created upstream ( notably by its sizes ) is the most convincing I've seen so far ....  :thumbsup:
And as much on the mosaic than on the regional view . Excellent work too on the riverbed .&apls
Yes ; "magnifique" start ... ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °