• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adara - Update 184 - March 26, 2012

Started by Battlecat, February 10, 2009, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremec

Very good river  &apls, and I love your RRP farms too but animals are missing  :D
Click on the banner to see my BATs

bat

Nice rural landscape there!
The river looks really nice, too. :thumbsup:

Exla357

Wait, there was a BORDER there?!?!  :shocked2: Looks awesome, Battlecat! I am very pleased with how this turned out!

Craters of the Moon is pretty awesome, if you get the chance you definitely should go sometime!

All the best,
Alex  :thumbsup:

samerton

Brilliant mosaics across the border.. I didn't know until I read the text! I know that I probably say this all the time, but you really have some outstanding rural areas!

kwakelaar

Well, I really had to take a close look to find the border between the two tiles, excellent work on joining these together.

marsh

Really love the dense conifer forest look of this city tiles. Reminds me of some areas near my home (only a LOT less green.) :P

,marsh

RickD

It still amazes me seeing your flawless tile boder matching.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Battlecat

Ernst (peter007): I'll be working on that area today in fact.  Farming and housing to balance the tile's budget! 

noahclem: Thanks very much!

sumwonyuno: Thanks for your kind words!

Jordan (canyonjumper): Brandywine falls cascades down into a valley cut out of repeated layers of basalt.  The forests around the area are rife with fantastic basalt formations.  It's a result of repeated eruptions back during the last ice age that occurred under glaciers for added fun!  Hope you enjoy your trip up there!

supremec: Animals!  That's right, I forgot the animals.  Consider that fixed in this update even though I don't have a picture showing it.  Thanks for your suggestion!

bat: Thanks!

Alex (Exla357): Thanks very much for your kind words!  I'm certainly putting Craters of the Moon on my list of places to visits!

samerton: Thank for your kind words!  Hiding the tile borders is a major part of developing Adara.

marsh: I see terrain exactly like that right outside my office window.  All the mountains in my area are covered in forests of the type I use in Adara.  Glad you like it!

RickD: Thanks very much, glad you like it!

Update 164
Lehman Valley – Lowland Farming

Sorry about missing last week's update.  I wish I could promise it won't happen again, but with trying to sell our house, I may go off the grid for a week or two unexpectedly.  But in the meantime, I'll keep plugging away!  Today I need to do some work on developing some exurb style residential in this community.  It'll be just enough housing to balance the tile budget so I don't have a budget crash while I finish detailing this area.  It fits with my plans for detailing the lowland area at the Vavenby border anyhow. 

164-1: This is the area I'll be focusing on today.

164-2: A few farms will round out this lowland area.  It's the limit of the farmable land in this valley. 

164-3: Also, under the powerlines I'm placing some exurb style residential. 

164-4: Here are the initial draft farms.  As usual, the irregular farms have some no road access zots.  Easily fixed!

164-5: This is the area I'm detailing first.  Any thoughts on why these trucks look odd? 

164-6: Some trees around the houses and RRP treatment for one farm.  This one is just a large riding and grazing area for horses.

164-7: Now over to this mess.  Those distress zots are annoying.

164-8: Fortunately, they can be fixed by replacing the distressed fields.  And the ugly algae field is replaced with a small plot of corn. 

164-9: Last up.  This one will be easy to finish. 

164-10: RRP treatment for the one field and just some trees to round out the rest of the area. 

164-11: Last but not least, the latest composite for Lehman valley.  Enjoy! 

And that's a wrap for today.  See you next time!

noahclem

Nice update! I think my favorite part is the horse riding and grazing area. The fields and exurbs look very nice. Sorry I can't offer you any help on your trucks looking funny--perhaps try replacing them with different automata.

Looking forward to more, and no worries if RL keeps you from updating--that's likely to be an issue for me in the near future as well  ;)

canyonjumper

lol, your trucks are missing their skins :P Might wanna try redownloading whatever automata mod you downloaded, or make sure you've got all the dependencies (if any).
No worries if you're too busy to update, I'm so busy I've been reduced to one a month :'(

I'm looking forward to seeing you detail that stream beside the farms, I always like to see detailing mix with rural ;D

Your friend,
                             Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

metarvo

I can't help you with your trucks, but I think Jordan is right about redownloading the automata.  Anyway, the power line exurb resembles the way I've seen some subdivisions built in my area.  The idea of having the power line follow the river is a good one, too.  Real power companies sometimes do this because river bottom right-of-way is often cheaper and less developed.  The farm choices are good, particularly the replacement of the algae field with the corn field.  The anti-grid building style which continually makes Adara one of my favorites is still very much alive in this update.  Now, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your tile border work.  Nice update!  Take as much time as you need.

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Exla357

Hey, nice update! Remember, RL comes first and if it delays updates then we understand. I have no clue what's wrong with your automa at all so can't help  &mmm

Hope to see you sooner rather than late!

-Alex  :thumbsup:

bat

Great work on that area!
The farms are looking beautiful! :thumbsup:

Skimbo

I missed a lot since stopping by the last time, GREAT
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

art128

Absolutely great update once again my friend, i'm loving your way to develop cities and town, also as rural areas.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Great rural landscaping, viewing your pics is always a pleasure. Hoping to see a new update soon :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

supremec

A fabulous landscape, I love the latest picture  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Sparrowsraven

I have spent the past three days reading every inch of this thread. I am in complete and utter AWE!!!!!!!!! Thank you for this amaing and wonderful look at a master at work! You have inspired me so much and I have actually started working with ploppable water for the first time! Not turning out too well, but I won't let that stop me!

One question though, did you teraform the map yourself, or download it? I would love to be able to have your region for myself to practice on.

samerton

Great. I've always wondered how the agriculture in regions is added so realisticly, and now it's great to know how. Even if I was to add things like this in my region, it would look nothing like what you always achieve. Brilliant  &apls

Une_ame

Another wonderfull valley, you master perfectly the way to developp that kind of areas. Alway nice to see your new pics. Thaks for that.  :thumbsup:
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !