• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TSC - Hight Voltage Line - functionnal

Started by Orange_o_, December 05, 2008, 05:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_o_

Hello

If you too, you don't want any more Maxis Hight Voltage Line, and whom to change (because they are very well eh needs not to believe ^^) of those of Fukuda, I open this thread.

The first HVL are inspirated of Marc Mimram work.

Its in 1994 that EDF (the French power company) suggested him, redrawing the HTL Pole. He created "Le Roseau" the reed

This magnificent structure (you will agree there) for lack of burying the line give an elegance to the traditional High Voltage Lines.

The result is a free inspiration of the Mimram's work : 

This pole are functional in identical of the pylones Maxis or Postdam which they replace perfectly, as shows of it the following image:

Click the photo to enlarge it

an other

Thank you for your comments or your suggestions

Orange

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

nerdly_dood

That's beautiful! They look a lot better than the steel frame ones I'm using from the STEX. I'm looking forward to release  :thumbsup:

I'd like to see some diagonal poles - are they available yet?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Orange_o_

Oh I am sorry, yes yes the diagonal poles is available also.
I didn't "pay attention", I thought that there was on the big photo

;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

metarvo

Ahhh... that's pretty good work there, Orange.  It definitely looks good to me.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

nerdly_dood

Ohh very nice with the diagonals - This is a much-needed mod, I really want this now...  ;D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

sim-al2

I do like the poles very much. I think I will use them for sure when they are released. :thumbsup:
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Streetlight 725

Air6

Great work my friend, but I've got the same suggestion of Fukuda in TSC.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kimcar

&apls Excellent . You give a second breath to the gane. :thumbsup:

Orange_o_

Thank you  ;D

But the first version didn't convice the TSC members. So I reworking the pole and an interressant point : the base (or plinth  &mmm).
Maxis didn't foresee to change the model of base. I have to find a subterfuge to personalize this one

Here is the result

I'm listening your critics and suggestions

Orange

metarvo

The first version was good, but this one is even better.  The wires visually connect, which is a huge improvement.  :)  A side effect is that the pole's appearance is altered somewhat, but I suppose something has to give.  On a side note, I always thought it was odd that Maxis made the default power lines in SC4 have four wires.  If only there was a way to modify the wires...
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

homefryes

I agree wholeheartedly, metarvo; 4 wires vs. 6 is just ... wrong! ??? I personally would have been just fine with these poles as originally created, rather than bowing to the 4-wire restriction as a result of the game. I just "envisioned" the other two wires being there. Either way, nice work, Orange:thumbsup:

— Don.
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

nerdly_dood

kimcar

Yeap the base is much better  &apls &apls I really like those one  :thumbsup:

Streetlight 725

Yea,the base is Much better than the maxis ones.The maxis base is plane.
great work On the Base! &apls :thumbsup:

Orange_o_

Metavro and Don : It's sure, i prefered that maxi use 6 wires but it's 4 &mmm, thank you for your comment

nerdly_dood : In france we have an expression wich saiy : "Patience is the mother of all the virtues"  :P

Kimcar : Thank you my friend ;)

Streetlight : I will have preferred to remove the base, but it is not possible. Also this is a good solution, but it is'nt perhaps the last  &idea

Quesh

The second version is better  :thumbsup:
You are on the right track  ;)

wouanagaine

Wouldn't it be possible to remove the foundation completly ? Just asking because I'm loving the new one, but removing it completly can be interesting

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

metarvo

Even if the base could be removed, doing so would cause the poles to appear as though they "float" when placed on slopes.  From what I have observed, the base acts like the retaining walls that are seen when RCI buildings develop on slopes.