• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Welcome to Elizabeth County

Started by projectadam, November 11, 2008, 12:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilojame

&danceYEY, IT IS PAGE 4!  &apls

Quote from: projectadam on December 15, 2008, 08:42:10 AM
Paul and Karin: I am grouping your reply because I have a question that you both touched on. First the Clark Kent thing happened by accident and I did not even realize it until you mentioned it. Now for the question, I currently have the street side mod but do not have the SAM version. If I download that now will I experience any major problems with my already developed regions or should I be okay :-[ In addition, I was looking at the dependences and it required one that is locked by admins, is this because it is the package that is used for the NAM? If you or anyone knows the answers please do not hesitate to speak up.[/center]

I believe that you should be ok if you download and install that also.  I had almost half of the region done when Robin (rooker1) told me about these side modes and after installing them both I could go into already made cities without any glitch or trouble whatsoever. So in my experience you should be fine. All that you really need to do is really carefully read the instructions. (But for the sake of being careful I would advice you to safe-store a copy of your region).

About the locked dependency:
In SAM Street Side Mod you are linked to SAM Ver 1 which is obsolete since there is Ver 3 and I believe that you already have it installed. If you have an older version then I am sure that in version 3 are some instructions on how to "upgrade".

I hope that that helps.

Now to your latest update:
Thank you very much for the honor bestowed upon me!  ()stsfd() Karintown looks very nice indeed! Both pictures are looking great. I also like Susanna, Muddy Fork (superb name  :) ) Dell and Yuna.
You are doing great work in here and it is interesting to follow the development that you are doing. I also very much like your approach to MDing which I believe is an unique one.
I am definitely looking forward to see how the things evolve on again!

Yours Truly,
Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

projectadam

Update 12/22/08: Where Art Thou Projectadam

Maybe you have noticed or maybe you have not noticed that I did not do a middle of the week update or a major weekend update for this past week. Is everything okay, is the region still being built???

Of course it is :thumbsup: I am currently working on a project that will most likely deal with 25% - 50% of the tiles which equals around 36 - 72 large tiles. I was hoping someone would guess what was coming next for Braska but no one did. Therefore, just to keep your interest in the region I will post some teaser pictures of what massive project is going on.

I will be doing a little bit of traveling for the Holidays and will hopefully have something a little more major posted (maybe as a stocking stuffer) before Christmas comes but we will see what time permits. In the meantime, there is always time for some...

Replies:

metarvo: Thanks for the wishes of success and for stopping by. If you like the way that Braska is looking now, wait for about one or two more weeks when I think it is going to be looking REALLY GOOD :D

blade2k5: Come on in and get warm my Badger Fan ()sick() Hmmm, I do not know how many the processing plant employs but it is the major employer of the town. I will check next time I am in game and if you need a job, I could put in a good word for you to HR ::)

Shhhhh, keep this on the down low but I believe that a sport that you have worked on with NHP might be coming to Braska very soon. For those who have not been over to pay a visit to a great development team, check them out. They have created many goodies for the game and you will find some amazing maps to use. Thanks for the comment.

Karin: Thanks for bringing in page four with a bang (or in this case, a dancing pink elephant). I think I have installed everything I need and have not experienced any problems but have not noticed many changes either. Glad that you like Karinstown and if you ever have a couple of ideas for the city, send them my way and I will see what I can do ;)

I will close out by wishing everyone Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year if you do not hear again from me before next year. I need to go to bed and warm up from the -14F degrees outside right now.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

Lilojame

Hi there!

I have to say that I am really really glad that all is well in here. You got me scared for a moment there!
Mmmm.... railroads!!! I am all excited! Have to say, that I love trains, especially the old steam ones. I once seen one in an MD or CJ but am not able to find it. In any case (even if I maybe missed a point), you most definitely have my attention here as you had it in the past.

As for the changes, yes, they were subtle for me also and yet on the long run it makes a difference. In any case it just mostly changes the sidewalks so that you don't get it changed with different wealth levels and that makes the streets look much more realistic and the pictures taken more pleasant to the eye.

Have great times traveling around and I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

projectadam

UPDATE 12/24/08: TWAS THE NIGHT
BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND ALL THROUGH BRASKA

"The time will come when people will travel in stages moved by steam engines from one city to another, almost as fast as birds can fly, 15 or 20 miles an hour.... A carriage will start from Washington in the morning, the passengers will breakfast at Baltimore, dine at Philadelphia, and sup in New York the same day.... Engines will drive boats 10 or 12 miles an hour, and there will be hundreds of steamers running on the Mississippi, as predicted years ago." Oliver Evans, 1800.

The railroad has come to Braska. The above map shows the proposed lines connecting to the rest of Sim Nation. The lines proposed are estimated to take ten years to build. It is an exciting time in Braska and many towns which were once small communities will now become business centers for the railroad.

For a special picture to celebrate the season, there has been a Santa spotting in Beatrice (shown below). Merry Christmas everyone and expect to have a full and proper update by the end of the year.

thundercrack83

Well, it's been too long, but I figure that Christmas is the best time to finally post here in Braska!

I have to say that I have been lurking for quite a while, and I love what you're doing here! Fantastic work, my friend!

But I will certainly be back around more regularly, you can count on it!

Have a happy holiday!

Dustin

Pat

Merry Christmas ProjectAdam and you have a great update here!!! Sorry for missing a few updates and they have been some good ones at that!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Quote from: projectadam on December 24, 2008, 09:56:04 PM
The railroad has come to Braska.

Well, that's it.  Braska will just never be the same.  Great job, projectadam!  :thumbsup:  Oh, and Merry Christmas!
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

There are some wonderful (new) updates there! Great work on your city! River Region of Braska is nice!
Nice rural area! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Congratulations, projectadam!

- The Staff

projectadam

Thanks staff for the recognition, I am very honored to receive the award and hope that I can bring in 2009 as well as the OSIM sent out 2008! I look to have an update for the weekend and will look into offering a little something for the days to celebrate January. Thanks again and I will see you all on the boards :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Congratulations, projectadam! I'm a bit late making the rounds, but hope I'll be able to stop by more often.

Later...
Joan

bat

Congrats for your award there!
And looking forward to more...

chester

Hi! :) you have a really great md here. i especially like your use of the stream and the asc canal set. i've had them sitting in my parks menu for a while now, and have yet to use them. now that i see how great they look in your town i think i might break them out!

Haljackey

Welcome to OSITM projectadam!  This is a dream MD for railroads, you have a gift at making them!  I also am enjoying your region view, looks wonderful!

I look forward to more from you.  Enjoy your stay in OSITM!

Best,
-Haljackey

rooker1

Congratulations projectadam on your move to OSITM.  &apls
Your recent update with the rail looks great, I hope you'll continue this theme.
Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

Nexis4Jersey

That's one of the best Rural Regions , ive ever seen , I like the river snaking through the center :thumbsup:

projectadam

1/06/09 65 - 70 Years: The Boom of the Railroad

No New Cities Founded

WOW! First of all HAPPY 2009 EVERYONE! I hope that you will do the things in your life to put yourself into the position to have the BEST YEAR OF YOUR LIFE. With that being said, how about an update from Braska. The railroad is being built from New Jamestown and Jacobsville and moving outward to connect to the rest of Sim Nation.

Passenger Station in Jacobsville

Eastside Passenger Station in New Jamestown

Freight Train Travelling through Beatrice

Freight Train Travelling through New Jamestown

New Jamestown is proposed to be a major hub for both passenger and freight trains and the growth in the city is a direct reflection of the potential. The next pictures are displaying the growth for New Jamestown.

New Jamestown Neighborhood

New Jamestown Church

New Jamestown Market

Sunset on New Jamestown

Replies:

Karin: Thank you for the warm wishes for Christmas and I will say back at you, Happy New Year "$Deal"$

Dustin: Thanks for stopping by and for posting. It is motivation to receive comments from the author of one of the hottest MDs and is very much appreciated. Happy New Year &hlp

Pat: No problem in missing a few updates, I am glad that you could make it back and are caught up. Happy New Year :satisfied:

metarvo: As they say, "there goes the neighborhood." Glad that you could stop by and Happy New Year $%Grinno$%

bat: Thanks for stopping by and posting. Glad that you like the rural area and expect even more for at least a little while. Happy New Year ()stsfd()

Joan: Thanks for making the rounds; hopefully it will become a regular on your schedule. Happy New Year :thumbsup:

chester: Glad that one of your first few posts was here at Braska, I really appreciate it. I hope that it was inspirational enough to dust them off and use them in your cities. Happy New Year &apls

Haljackey: Thank you for the extremely kind words, which mean a lot coming from one of the transport gurus. In about 100 years, the region should be ready for some massive road systems and I will be anxious to pick your brain for suggestions. Happy New Year ;)

Robin: Thanks for the congratulations and posting here in Braska. The railroad will be a hot theme for at least the next couple of updates. City development is going to take kind of a back seat until the trains make it out to Sim Nation. Happy New Year ;D

Corey Best: Thanks for thinking this is such a great rural area. It is what I was born and raised in so I am glad I could translate it somewhat to Sim City. In addition, your signature has made me curious to look into Jersey, which I plan to do in a little bit. Maybe one day, you can make a Jersey inspired MD. Happy New Year :)

dedgren

The map is mesmerizing- I know I've flown over that area recently. I just know it.

Fine work here- with all the content out there, it amazes me how hard the challenges are that a serious "period piece" MDer has to face.  The biggest non-sequiter that caught my eye was the swimming pools- other than that, your vision of 1900 is pretty compelling.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

I'm with David on the map--just absolutely amazing stuff there! The farms and the river looks so realistic, I'm just stunned!

And the update is wonderful, too! The planning for this project has to be so immense--with the dirt road set up, and trying to keep everything in the correct time period. I applaud not only your effort, but also the wonderful results!

You're off to a great start in OSITM, my friend! It's going to be a fun month, I know it!

Dustin

bat

Nice work on that update! Your city looks great! And the map is also fantastic! Nice farms and river!!
Looking forward to more from your region... ;)