• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

:o You are doing a great job! I do agree that some seasonal trees would look better but it is your choice!

Alex

Edit:

Welcome to Page 56 of This Great CJ!!!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Dark_Jedi06

I love that park, especially the pink trees (please keep them :P), I've never really liked using seasonal stuff...it's a pain in the butt to lot and it seems like the season love to change when you're in the middle of making a mosaic; half ends up summer and the other half fall. $%Grinno$%

Those banners you've used instantly caught my eye as I've been searching for something like that for ages...perhaps you know what prop pack they belong to? ;D
...this space to be filled soon...

Luke09

What a beautiful park man!where did u get that yellow stripes on your roads?
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

thundercrack83

Pat: Thank you, my friend!

Battlecat: Thanks! I like the cherry blossoms, too, that's why I'm a bit torn between them and the seasonals.

warconstruct: Merci beaucoup!

Piotr (Sheep49): Hello, Piotr! I'm with you, I think I may stay with the pink trees and do an all-seasonal park elsewhere in the city. I like the idea of a park in autumn with the changing leaves, though, that's why I want to work the seasonal trees in somehow. Thanks, as always, for your support, suggestions, and advice, my friend! I appreciate them all!

Jon (JBSimio): That's where I thought you were talking about! I must admit that is not where I was originally thinking for a seaport, but it certainly has all the hallmarks of a great spot! Once I get the region itself all put together, it will make choosing a location a bit easier, I believe. As for the tree dilemma, as I just said to Piotr (Sheep49), I think I'll stick with the cherry trees in this park and save the seasonals to do an all-seasonal park elsewhere in Marathon. So, we'll see where that takes us, eh? Thanks so much for stopping in, my friend!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Thank you, Alex!

Dark_Jedi06: Thank you! I think the pink trees will be staying for this park. You're right about the difficulty in lotting the seasonal trees, too—trying to get them to line up can be a bit frustrating. Oh, and I'm not sure off the top of my head which prop pack the banners are in, but I will look into it and let you know. Take care, my friend!

Luke09: Thank you! The yellow crosswalks are the CPM Yellow Striped Crosswalks by ebina, SC4D's "Mr. Wizard!" Hope that helps!

UPDATE XXXI
One Down, Seventeen to Go...
2 April 2009

As I said in an earlier update, I made a promise to myself that I would try to get at least one of the medium-sized tiles that comprises Marathon Island finished completely before moving on to the region as a whole. While we're headed into region mode already, I think, after completing Tile G today, I was able to keep my word.

I'll refrain from the picture-by-picture examinations and just let you check them out at your leisure. Enjoy!

A mosaïc—

And finally, a bit of an overview...

There it is! I hope you like it!

It's officially Thursday here in Pennsylvania, and today I will be leaving for my girlfriend's house in the Lehigh Valley. On Saturday, I will then be flying out of Philadelphia to Texas and Oklahoma to see Bruce Springsteen in Austin and Tulsa. I won't be back until next week, but I'll be taking my computer with me, so with any luck, I'll be able to still work on Marathon a bit here and there.

Take care!

JoeST

oh that is ONE AWESOME update, congratulations on completing a tile, cant wait for more.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Alfred.Jones

That is simply fantastic Dustin!

I can't think of any other words.

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

mightygoose

oh dude, bar raised... man that is awesome..
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

art128

Pretty nice update there Dustin, these pictures are looking fantastic !
There's always a great atmosphere in your city, always a pleasure to see.
I really love the area near the diagonal W2W, that little market make the difference !
Great job with this,

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Hi Dustin!
WOW, WOW, and also WOW  ;D This is simply incredible, the mosaic is magnificient  :thumbsup:
Also the overview is amazing, fabulous work my friend  &apls

Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

rooker1

Hey Dustin,

Super update and I'm really glad for you that you have been able to finish an entire tile.  I can easily count the number of times I have done that on one hand since 2004.  $%Grinno$% 
In the first picture.....really nice but the two buildings on the left that are the same look and are ugly compared to the others around the area.  But than I( sat back to think for a second and that is exactly how cities are in real life and my opinion changed.  This is why your city looks so good and realistic.  It's the combination of buildings that you have choosen that makes everything look and fit together so well.  Along with some incredible lots we have made together. ;)
In the forth and fifth picture, however, I would like to see longer streets lined with Marcszar's low wealth buildings.  Everytime I see them, I invision crowded, dirty streets, lined with cars. 
In the 1st and 4th picture.....the under ground rail lot looks awesome.  When I first had seen that, I was very excited and I hope that the maker of this BAT makes a lot more variations.  Very Chicago, from my experiences.  I have heard very London as well.  But either way it is an amazing lot!
Overall, Dustin, I think you are doing one *ell of a job here.
Hope you have a great time at the BS concert.

See ya later,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kimcar

&apls &aplsExcellent work Dustin. You work hard for it but the result is there and you can be proud of it. :thumbsup:

Ryan B.

Another trip to Texas?  Yee-HAW!!!!!

This MD is quickly becoming one of my favourites!

bat

Fantastic work there! Nice update!!!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Gorgeous!  So many details here, it's just amazing.  Fantastic work, always looking forward to more!

Luke09

Oh Thanks man.And a great update again!I liked That Cathedral,its beauty and big. &apls
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Nexis4Jersey

What a grand update Dustin &apls , i was just in the Lehigh Valley 2 weeks ago, are you Flying out of LVIA?

Haljackey

Wow, I'm impressed!  Its amazing to see how Marathon has grown!  That train station looks magnificent fully developed!

Very cool use of retaining walls too!  I don't think I've ever seen them used like that!

metarvo

These are definitely on my list of the most beautiful SC4 pictures I've seen, Dustin.  The tile is complete, and everything comes together in a manner that is both varied and unified at the same time.  Keep up the good work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

kbieniu7

Beautiful. What can I write more?  :thumbsup:
But, for me, i feel something strange in this. But it's still excellent  ;D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!