• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rainbow Falls - OSITM part 26-27

Started by Lilojame, October 31, 2008, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 16!!!

That are two fantastic new updates there!!! Great work on them!!! Nice added effects...
Also nice rural area... :thumbsup:

Edit: And btw, congrats on 300 replies...

Simpson

Hi Karin ;)
I'm sorry for not posting at the last updates my friend, I'm really sorry  :'(

Part 08: really fantastic update, the first picture is my preferate
Part 09: these four pictures are so réalistic, as well
Part 10-11: nice update, the general picture is incredible  :o
Part 12: amazing picture &apls
Part 13: super waterfalls my friend, it's looking so réalistic 
Part 14: :o wow, your region is really formidable  :thumbsup: I love the fields in your pictures
Part 15-16: Again a fantastic update my friend, this city is really great  :thumbsup:

So, Karin, I'm looking forward to the next update  :)

Take care my friend, David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Lilojame

Hi all! It is time for another update. It shall be a very short 2-pictures one again today, since I didn't had much time but I hope that tomorrow one shall be longer. No promises tho.

Since our good friend Jon (JBSimio) was interested in seeing the development west of Evelyn Hope I decided to include that part in the random pictures series.

Please note, that this town shall not exist for much longer in Rainbow Falls and shall be substituted by farms. It was build up just to provide some help for developing Evelyn Hope and has no other meaning.

So without further ado, here are the 2 pictures (click on them in order to see un-edited versions):

I hope that you liked todays update.

IN NEED OF HELP: I am terribly sick with those red power lines that came with SC4 and I do know that a steel version exists somewhere out there (the dragable one) but I am unable to find it, so if anybody knows who is a creator or on which exchange they are or anything useful, please tell...

Hi Paul! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked both of Evelyn Hope updates and the suburbs! Well, since Rainbow Falls has a good portion of magic in it, I believe that even farmers know how to handle some and ease their work. :D I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Dustin! Thank you very much! I am glad that you found the time to check in here again! And hey, you are doing great job in your OSITM time also!!! I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Derry! Thank you very much! I am very glad that you like things in here! Oh, the time, yes... To tell you the truth I am quite short on it and I will be most happy to take a little break when the December ends. How I manage, hm... well mostly I am lucky to have a very extremely understanding partner. :D That would be the best way to put it. But I should also add, that it is not as much playing as it might seem... I just build things in top speed. And well, I had to put on side my playing with LE and gMax and a dozen of other hobbies that I have. :D I do hope, that you will stop by again!

Hi
projectadam! Thank you very much! I am glad that you like it! Yea, it is moving fast, faster than I initially thought but well, that just means that I will be doing a new region sooner than I thought.  ()stsfd() Hm, the traffic view... to be honest I don't quite remember everything since I was trying out some things but basically what I did was that I first "skew" the picture (more or less same procedure as in perspective tutorial), adjusted "brightness/contrast", then something that I don't remember and for the end I used "poster edges" filter and "fade" it. I hope that that helps. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
bat! Thank you! I am glad that you liked the updates and the rural area. I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
David! Thank you very much! No need to be sorry, as I said it many times before, I completely understand how hard it is to keep up with all the updates in MDs here! Thank you very much for taking the time and commenting all the updates! I am very glad that you liked them and the pictures and region, seriously, thank you! I do hope to hear from you again!

Thank you all for visiting and commenting!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

rooker1

Hello Karin,

Great updates.
As for the power lines, this is what I use in my cities, High Tension Poles by fukuda.  I hate the red ones as well.

See you later,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

JBSimio

Well darn it!  I could have sworn I commented here yesterday, but I must have just thought about it a couple times...  ::)  Sorry about that, Karin!

I really enjoyed the pictures of Evelyn Hope again.  The downtown area looks very realistic for a medium sized city and the night view of it is spectaclular!  The outlying areas and the suburbs are also very well done.  I can actually see the development thinning out as you leave more gaps between buildings.  Nice schools too, by the way!  :D

Today's update is most appreciated, thank you!  It's too bad you say this town may be headed for the chopping block, but I completely understand why you'll be changing it.  Judging from the region views, I think farming will fit in there very nicely too.  I like the symmetry of this town... it looks very preplanned and well executed.  The water feature in the center is also a nice touch.   :thumbsup:

See you next time!
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Simpson

Hey Karin
This new update, Part 17, is really fantastic my friend as well. The city is looking so beautiful and I really love how you integrate the canal
Looking forward to the Part 18

Take care my friend, David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Jmouse

Just time for a quick scan of what I've missed this past week. Laljublja City looks great - even the industrial sector looks good! You have some nice parks there, and overall the city is decorated in a pleasing way.

The overview in Part 12 is just stunning, and the post cards in Part 13 are a clever idea. The rural areas in Evelyn Hope look good, and the neighborhoods are charming, too. I'll take a longer look a bit later as I spend the rest of this week catching up. I'm especially anxious to watch all the slide shows.

Later...
Joan

Lilojame

Hi all! I am not sure if I will have time today to do an update so I decided to do a quick teaser for the case that I would be to busy.

So, I did some additional theraforming in the region:

I will have to smooth some edges there as you can see... (I hate when that happens). And yes, you are correct, there are some roads constructed there already, so lets have a quick closer look:

If you are guessing that this is the place to which we shall travel next, you are of course correct. Can you also guess what kind of development shall be here?  ???

That is something that I am not telling, so you will just have to wait and return later on.  ;D

So this would be all for the teaser time and before I turn to bed (it is 3:28 am here  ::) ) let me do some replies to those of you who are so kind to leave your thoughts in here:

Hi Robin! Thank you very much for commenting and thank you also for the link to the High Tension Poles! You are a life saver! Thanks again and I hope to see you here again!

Hi
Jon! Thanks a lot and hey, please don't apoliage since it is really not needed. It happens to all of us. ;) I am very glad that you liked Evelyn Hope. Well, the schools yes...  :D I love them, you know, so let me use this opportunity to say that I believe you did a great job on them and I am very very grateful that you made them.  :)
It was my pleasure. ;) If there is anything else that you would like to see closer please don't hesitate to ask. ;) The symmetry of that specific town is something that I need to try really really hard to avoid or all the cities would look alike... it is a grid, you see, that I tend to do on a loads of occasions completely unaware that I am doing it.  &mmm And for planning... there was none, I shall not lie, it just happened from some reason. I am glad that you liked the water there because that is something that I am playing with and will most probably do a very wet city someday in the future.  :D Thank you again and I do hope to hear from you again!

Hi
David! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the canal and I  hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Joan! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked Laljublja City (by the way, the name I got from Ljubljana, capital city of my country, because I had no idea how to name it  ::) ) , the overview in part 12, the postcards and Evelyn Hope (got the name from one of the Poirot (Agatha Cristie) movies  $%Grinno$% ). Well, the slideshows will be there, so take your time on them. ;) Thank you very much for commenting again and I do hope to hear from you again!

Thank you all for visiting and commenting and I hope that you like the todays teaser!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

bat

That are four wonderful teasers! And the terra forming is really great! Nice!

And looking forward to more from this new area... ;) ;) ;)
and also congrats on over 300 replies... just saw that I have posted the 300th...

metarvo

I'm not brave enough to guess what's going to develop there.  $%Grinno$%  Anyway, it looks like you are doing a good job with the terraforming, Karin.  I tend to lay out the roads first when I develop a new city tile, so that looks like a familiar method of building.  There are good things going on in here, Karin, and I look forward to more.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Lilojame

Hi all! It looks that I managed to squiz an update for today. I have just few pictures for you but well, what you should know before we start is that this town is not yet finished.

So today we are traveling to:

Halleny is officially known as The Town of the Bat! Why? Well, it is simple actually! Bat flew into area at the precisely the same time as our good friend bat posted the 300th post in Rainbow Falls. So to honor him, the queen of Rainbow Falls decided to change Hallenys initial name and furthermore, from this day on, all bats in Rainbow Falls fall under protection of the royal family and nobody is allowed to harm them in any way.

Lets check now how The Town of the Bat evolved till now (but remember, we shall return here probably tomorrow when things will change):

Since we will continue the tour tomorrow you are invited to spend the night in local hotel. In the morning you can go horse-riding and in afternoon you shall be invited to explore the finished town:

I hope that you liked todays update!

Hi bat! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the teaser and terraforming! Yes, I already noticed that you were the 300th poster and therefore this town is named after you.  ;) I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
metarvo! Thank you very much! Well, to be honest, just a city.  :D I am glad that you like the terraforming! Well, I often just go with whatever pops into my mind but this time, I planned ahead. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Thank you both for commenting and thank you all for visiting!

Jmouse

The overview is beautiful, Karin! And the upcoming development certainly will be worth watching for - interesting transport arrangement you've created there and overall in the region.

The B&W photos are nice as a little teaser and, of course, make me want to see the full-color versions. The hotel photo is really nicely done, especially with the pond behind it. That isn't the kind of architecture I'm used to seeing but it's a really well-designed BAT.

Later...
Joan

bat

Thanks for naming that town after my nickname!

And Halleny is looking really beautiful! The black and white pictures are great!
The last picture of that great new update is also fantastic! Like always nice added effects...

Looking forward to the continuation of that tour...

bluesinjid

JBSimio

Hi Karin,

BAT looks to be another fine city.  I really enjoyed the overviews and the black and white teaser pictures.  The farms look great as do the glimpses of the city that you've shown so far.  Like Joan, I'll be looking forward with much anticipation to see how this one turns out in the full update.

See you then!
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

paroch

Hi Karin,

More great work from you here (but that is not a surprise).  The small town to the west of Evelyn Hope looks fantastic - such a shame it has to go  &cry2

The town of the Bat is also looking pretty good.  I spot some semi-detached houses that I don't recall seeing before, which is always nice.

Great work on the region views, really like them.

All the best

Paul

Lilojame

Hi all! I am sorry for missing few days here but well, family comes first and I do know that each of you can understand that. From same reason the future updates shall be a bit more sparse than before but I will still at least to try to update each day.

Today we shall again travel the roads of Halleny (also The Town of the Bat) but I have to disappoint you slightly for you shall not see the town itself today but its farming sector which is very important in this particular area. That said, you now know, that in all Halleny will have 3 updates.

So today we shall see some farms and of course a slideshow. The pictures here are all edited and again this time without the links but at same time they are all also added to the slideshow (besides other pictures) so you can view them unedited there.

You already know that majority of this city makes its living farming so I suggest that we simply view the pictures:

And for the end of todays update, a slideshow:

Thank you all for visiting! I hope that the update was to your liking!

Hi Joan! Thank you very much for your kind comment! I am glad that you liked the overview, B&W photos and the hotel photo! I personally like that specific bat very much even if this was actually the first time that I used it. Not sure atm who actually made it or the lot but whoever did, made a really lovely thing.. Thank you for stopping in and I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
bat! You are welcome and thank you very much for nice comment! I am glad that you liked the town and the pictures and I do hope to hear from you again!

Hi
bluesinjid! Thank you very much for stopping by and commenting! I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Jon! Thank you very much for leaving a comment! I am glad that you liked the overviews,B&W pictures and farms! Well, for the residential part of the update some more time is needed but nevertheless the farms one is on now. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Paul! Thank you very much for stooping here and commenting! I am glad that you like that small town. Well, I am starting to fell reluctant to destroying it so we shall see if I do that. ;) I am also glad that you liked The Town of the Bat and region views and I do hope to hear from you again!

Thank you all for visiting and commenting! It is much appreciated!

Simpson

Hi Karin :)
Some wonderful update here:

Teaser:  :o Wow, your region is so réalistic, the highway looks good  &apls
Part 18: (part 1) As well a fantastic update my friend, I really love your fields, the second picture is my preferate  ::)
Part 18: (part 2) Again WOw  :o the first picture is superb and so réalistic and I love the lake. The last picture with nam curves looks super too

I'm looking forward to the Part 19 or teaser my friend

All the best, David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

un1

paroch

The farms are looking great Karin- a nice mix of the old and the modern.  The maze also looks quite interesting - what a nice unusual idea to place it there.

I see you found the different power lines - are they functional and are you able to tell me where you got them?

All the best

Paul