• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rainbow Falls - OSITM part 26-27

Started by Lilojame, October 31, 2008, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

It seems that I have missed a few updates.  The tutorial is great and it would be a ggod idea if you added it to the tutorial section for all others to find easily.
It also looks like this is going to be a very big month for you too.  You'll be in the Classics Section in no time.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Lilojame

Hi all! This update was due for Monday but I wasn't able to connect to SC4D yesterday and since I was tired I went to bed afterwards. So we shall have 2 updates today, one for yesterday and one for today, but the second one is quite some hours away. Anyhow, let me copy&past the yesterdays update:

Hi! It is time for the Monday update... I hoped that it will be a larger one but well... I started to build up the city and of course forgot to save it (stupid me) which wouldn't be a problem if I wouldn't hover a rail puzzle piece over transit enabled lot and we all know what happens if doing that, right? So, I had to start all over... Anyhow, as a result I have only 3 random pictures for you and slightly different sideshow with another set of randomness...

I suggest we check the trio first (if movie trilogies are popular, why not pictures, right? lol) and of course, if you click on them you shall be able to see the non-edited versions :

And as a funny addition, I just notice that in Rainbow Falls people are having a national holiday of roof walking:

And for the end a short slideshow:

Hi bat! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the update and hope to hear from you again!

Hi
metarvo! Thank you very much! I am glad that you decided to stop by again. I know exactly what you are talking about. Here in Slovenia more or less every town has its old town center. They are usually closed for cars but makes a nice walking spots with its small galleries and coffee-shops etc. but for the real crowds there are new commercial zones elsewhere. Thank you very much for commenting and I do hope that you will stop by again!

Hi
Dustin! Thanks you very much! Hey, don't worry, it happens to everybody. ;) I am glad that you liked the soc.system&warfare update and last pictures. I hope that you will stop by again!

Hi
Pat! Thank you very much! Wish you all the best, but I am sure you already know that. Hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Joan! Thank you very much! Yes, I didn't see any city square completely surrounded by water before, either, but I thought it could be interesting idea. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
flyinbird93! Thank you very much! Haha, it shall be interesting to see if you post it. Hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Robin! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the tutorial and I might move it there as soon as I find 5 spare minutes. This December is really big, here and IRL. I believe I am still far away from Classics Section but well, one day... :) Hope to hear from you again!

Thank you very much all! The next update is around 10 (one hour up or down) hours from now (if I manage to finish the city :D).

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

thundercrack83

Three pictures are better than none, right, Karin!

And those three, well, they're better than 20 pictures! And don't worry about crash to desktop, that happens to me, too. It can get pretty frustrating after a while!

Take care!

Dustin

bat

Your pictures are again wonderful there! And your slide show is fantastic!
Great work on another nice update... :thumbsup:

Lilojame

Hi! Since I already posted one update in the morning today (the update that should be here yesterday) the todays update shall be another short one, 4 pictures, but I promise that tomorrow we will have a proper update.

So, here we go (remember that clicking on picture will bring you the not-edited version):

Morning:

Day:

Evening:

Night:

I hope you liked todays update!

Hi Dustin! Thank you very much! Yes, I know, I have a tendency to loose at least 7 cities per region. ::) But well, usually, I get a better idea afterwards so its not such big deal. Thanks for stooping by and I hope o hear from you again!

Hi bat! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the pictures and the slideshow! Hope that you will stop by again!

Thank you all for visits and to both of you for commenting! See you tomorrow!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

bat

Great four pictures of one day in your city there! Nice work on it! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more... ;)

Jmouse

Very nice pix, Karin. I especially like the first and second in Part 8 and the first in Part 9. Those are some good-looking neighborhoods with a nice variety of homes. As for the roof walkers, it's a bit unusual but not unheard of. I've seen horses walking on the top rail of a fence and "floating" across the highway. Also I've seen groups of Sims huddled in the northwest corner of an empty city tile, but they always disappear before I can get a screenie. Amusing while it lasts, though.

Later...
Joan

JBSimio

Nice pictures, as always Karin!   &apls  I especially liked the industrial shot from the previous update and the final night picture in this update.  I also have to say that I really enjoy the idea you had to click for the unaltered game views.  It very interesting to see how things looked before you went and made them look even better!  I know that I'm enjoying the great month you've had so far... I hope you are too!

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

kimcar

&apls &apls Very interesthing again mate. Old song , old pics  (black and white) hey you make me feel young again thanks  :D Very good work once again . Take care :thumbsup:

bluesinjid

Wow great 2 updates again! &apls Really like ur last update with the changes of time! &apls Just a question...In day 7,2 nd pic how do u change angle of shot?

Lilojame

Hi all!

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and support, I shall replay each and every one of you in the next update.

Today I just popped in because I have a sad news... and that is that I don't have time to do an update.

I thought yesterday that I will manage but some new RL s*yt came over the mail today and I need to act upon it which shall definitely take a great deal of energy and concentration (and restraining myself to not feel like everything works against me ::) ). Anyhow, I hope that I will still find time (and energy) in the evening to make an update but I somehow doubt it...

Anyhow, I hope that you, being a wonderful people as you are, understand that (and I am pretty sure that you do) and will forgive me if I miss one update in this month which should be full of joy.

Thank you very much!

Yours Truly,
Karin

un1

That is fine. I have been following your MD. It is an amazing MD. ;D I like your cities.

-un1

paroch

More nice pictures there Karin.  It's interesting to see the same shot(s) with different effects and times of the day - a very nice idea.

And I hope your day got better and that you got your issue sorted out. 

All the best

Paul

kimcar

Take the time to fix your problem , we gonna wait until your return with no problem. We all understand and hope that everything will be fine. Take care ;)

Lilojame

Thank you all for understanding yesterday.  :)

So today we shall travel to another city located in Rainbow Falls. Please remember that if you click on the picture, you will be able to see an unedited version of it.

Since I am more or less in a hurry, without further ado I give you:

[/left]

Laljublja City is more or less forgotten by the queen but is doing all right nevertheless. It has a mixture of all wealth levels living and working there. It is not much to say about Laljublja beside the fact that the majority of heavy industry in Rainbow Falls is located at the outskirts of this city.

I suggest that we look at the pictures (there is 13 of them since that is my lucky number ( ::)) and I am in need of some luck &sly):

And for the end of todays update I have for you a slideshow with around 30 pictures and Joe Cocker:

I hope that you liked todays update!

And I before I finish the todays post, I believe I owe you some replies:

Hi bat! Thank you very much! Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
Joan! Thank you very much! Well, that specific instance of "roof walkers" is still there. Basically they are not on the roof but they are walking on the street behind the building. Since I have some issues with graphic card they are somehow visible over the building. Thanks for commenting and I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Jon! Thank you very much! I am glad that you like the idea of the click-ables and even more so, that you like what I showed thus far. I have to admit that yes, I am enjoying it a lot. It is a really nice month in here (if only the RL one would be as nice I would be in 7th heavens). Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
kimcar! Thank you very much! Haha, well, if you felt younger at the last slideshow then I am pleased to hear so, but hey, remember that you are only as old as your soul feels. ;) Thanks for understanding! Well, if I would be away until all is fixed then we would probably speak about at least a year. :/ There is sadly no quick and easy solutions. In any case I shall be updating RF as often as I can. Thanks again! Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
bluesinjid! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the last update! As for your question, the pm was already send directing you to a tutorial about perspective changing in this MD. I hope that answered your question. I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
un1! Welcome to RF and thank you very much for your comment! I am glad that you like RF and my cities! I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Paul! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the pictures and that you found the last sequence interesting. My day, well, it was slightly better but sadly there is still much to do. I hope to hear from you again!

Thank you all for visiting and leaving comments! I appreciate it very much!

metarvo

Wow, this is a fine update, Karin!  Laljublja City looks like it has been thoughtfully designed.  There is also some variety, as well.  Not only does Rainbow Falls include scenic views and nice houses, but Laljublja City is proof that some industry has also been built here.  I'm pleased that you found the time for another excellent update.

:thumbsup:

I hope you get your RL situation taken care of, Karin.  :) 
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

That are 13 wonderful pictures, Karin! The 30 pictures (!) in the slide show, which is also fantastic, are really beautiful!
Fantastic new update... Looking forward to a new one...

rooker1

Hello Karin,

Great update, awesome pictures.  I really like the waterfalls, I hope to see some close ups of them.
Sorry to hear that you have some RL problems, hopefully you can clear them up easily.
BTW, 13 is my lucky number as well.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Hi, Karin!

Boy, I keep missing great stuff here in Rainbow Falls! I can't apologize enough, my friend! Things have been a bit hectic lately.

But one thing's for sure, no matter when I come here, I'm guaranteed to see some fantastic stuff, and the latest update is no exception!

Your skills in the game coupled with the Photoshop and presentation are a stunning combination, and I love it more and more each time!

I truly hope to be more of a regular here, Karin. I apologize again.

Take care, my friend!

Dustin

Lilojame

Hi all! I had a really busy day today and therefore no time to play, sadly, meaning this shall be a very short OSITM Update.

First I give you a little info from Rainbow Falls for those who might be interested:

Now, since I completely forgot (shame on me) to add a regional view to the previous update we have it here today (clicking on the picture you shall be able to see an extra large un-edited picture of it):

And todays random picture is (again clicking on it you will be able to see the unedited version):

As a special news to those of you who don't know it yet: Park Du Sincitybaby is now available on LEX. I am very excited and happy to have it there even more so because it is a very first thing made by me in there. YEY! This is really a great month.  :o
I also submitted the next package for scrutinizing and you can read about it in Lilojames Candidacies thread. I believe that the link is in my signature.

For tomorrow I am not sure about the length of the update since I am having a family day (meaning a special time with my sunshines) so there are two possibilities:
1st an random picture from Rainbow Falls in the morning (my time)
or
2nd an overview of all the falls in Rainbow Falls in the evening (my time).

Which one shall be we will have to see tomorrow... So this was all for today. Again I am sorry for the short update but well... its RL that is messing with me so I am sure that you understand and I do hope that you liked it nevertheless.

Hi metarvo! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked Laljublja City and believe it or not, but you are correct, it was planned one. Thanks on the hopes also! It got a bit better today but still a long way tho. Hope to hear from you again!

Hi
bat! Thank you very much! I am very glad that you liked the pictures and the sideshow! Hey, did you actually count them?  ;D Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
Robin! Thank you very much for the nice comment! For the waterfalls, I am planing to do a watery update soon, hopefully tomorrow. Bust as a matter of interest, this same waterfall in Laljublja was already used in one of the updates but you shall be able to see it again. ;) I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Dustin! Thank you very much! Haha, no need to apoliage, my friend! I understand that you are very busy this month (having your own wonderful MD in OSITM, being and admin, having RL, doing all that statistics works and probably many many more things that I don't know about) and therefore I don't blame you if you miss an update. ;) I am very glad tho, that you liked the update and that you are liking what I do in here. But when I finish this region and start a new one, some of the things will change slightly (even maybe become more scary, lol). So thank you again for taking time and commenting in here and please, don't take it to heart if you miss something. ;) Looking forward to hear from you again!

Thank you all for visiting and commenting! I really appreciate it!