• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rainbow Falls - OSITM part 26-27

Started by Lilojame, October 31, 2008, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Hello Karin,

This is very fast becoming one of the great MDs here, if only in my opinion.  But I can't be too wrong, just look at your post and view counts.  &apls
Love the pics, love the slideshow and the music to go with it was great.
Can't wait to see what's next.
Robin  ;D
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Paroch Town looks just wonderful, Karin! A fitting tribute to our very good friend Paul!

You're doing great so far with your time in OSITM, my friend! Keep it up!

Dustin

threestooges

It has been a while since I last commented here, but I have been lurking. You have been doing amazing work. Congratulations on the Best Newcomer award, it's certainly well deserved, and congratulations on OSITM. With what you have for us on a regular basis, I can only imagine what you'll have in store for this month. Paroch Town is quite well done, and that is a great use of the castle. I've clicked on a few of the photos too. Even the unedited pics are very well done. Great work, and I'll try to comment more often when I come through here.

metarvo

Paroch Town looks fantastic, by day and night.  Since you are using your OSITM time so effectively, you are allowing the rest of us to benefit from this honor as well.  Great work, Karin.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

flyinbird93

haha i didnt notice, im on my phone atm though so smaller pics :(.  great update!  loved the slide show, and those water front pics are supurb!  cant wait for more :)

Lilojame

In todays update we shall continue the "There is something rotten in Rainbow Falls" story, but before we do so, I have for you 3 pictures from Rainbow Falls (the towns name is yet a mystery). Remember that in OSITM Updates you are able to see a picture that is not modified in any way if you click on the modified here.

Tomorrow you shall be able to see an updated regional picture (amongst other)... but now it is time to check on happenings in Royal Family...

The Rainbow Falls prepared the weeding and many people gathered (picture below) to see Princess Geeze and King Golgothem.

Princess Geeze was unhappy, she cried all night long and even over the previous day for she never meet this king and had no idea with whom she will marry. She tried to convince her mother, the Queen, to discontinue the wedding plans, but with that she achieved nothing. They dressed Geeze in a weeding dress (picture below) and sent her on her way to meet her husband to be for the very first time.

The Princess utterly unhappy walked to her carriage...  They drove for a while to meet Golgothem at the Kings Bridge. Reluctantly she stepped out and gazed (picture below) on the face of her husband to be for a first time. Her face brightened for he was younger than she expected him to be. Golgothem was shocked tho for he was not informed by the Cardinal, that Princess Geeze has such an "interesting face". If there would not be a kingdom to be gained from this marriage, he would surely leave and never looked back...

Together they continued to the church in Paroch Town and got married (picture below). It was quick weeding for the Queen had no patience for long ceremonies.

At the moment that Geeze was married to Golgothem a long lasting spell was broken and she again had her human form (picture below). She was excited to again see world as she did when she was born and yet... she somehow did not feel as she thought she should. Golgothem looked at her and asked the Cardinal: "May she be return to previous form?" but Cardinal did not answered...

With that we concluded todays update and tomorrow we shall continue with new OSITM Update which will bring you an updated regional picture and other things. I hoped that you liked todays update.

Hi Arthur! Thank you very much! I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
bat! Thank you very much, I am glad that you liked the town and effects on pictures! Hope that you will stop by again!

Hi
Robin! Thank you very much! *blush* See what you did! ;) But seriously, thank you. I am glad that you liked the update and I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Dustin, my friend! Glad to hear from you again and thank you! I have to say, that you are doing great with your time in OSITM also!!! Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
threestooges! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the unedited pictures also and as for the castle, well, if the bat is really superbly done then nothing can go wrong with it. I certainly hope, that you will find time to leave your footprint in Rainbow Falls again!

Hi
metarvo! Thank you very much for your kind words! Well, I thought to myself, that it would be a shame to not try and use this special time as much as possible. I hope that you will visit Rainbow Falls again!

Hi
flyingbird93! Aww, yes, I know how that looks, browsing the web with phone... But hey, I am very glad that you came in here and thank you very much for leaving a comment! Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
lurkers! Thank you very much for visiting Rainbow Falls! I hope that you like it in here and would love to hear from you if possible at least saying "Hi". Constructive criticizem is also always welcome in Rainbow Falls. But if you prefer to lurk around, be my guest tho. ;)

Thank you very much for visiting and commenting!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

art128

We need more ingames pictures Karin.  :D :D
Great work with PEG's pond my friend, what you do here is fantastic ! &apls
I really like the layout !
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Really awesome pictures there, Karin! The first picture is looking beautiful! The others of course, too! And great work on the "rivers" and "lakes"! :thumbsup:

JBSimio

Hi Karin,

Sorry for missing a few updates there.  Paroch Town looks amazing!  And, as Arthur said, you've done wonders with Peg's pond pieces in this latest update.  The story continues to get better with each episode... Golgothem's reaction seems a bit extreme and makes me wonder what you have in store for the next part already.

See you then,
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Jmouse

Nice photos, Karin. I've often wondered how to make reflections in the water but never took the time to figure it out. I like the sort of misty quality in your latest group of pix. The neighborhoods look good, but I'm wondering about the house at mid-left in the fourth picture. It seems wildly out of proportion to the rest of the structures.

You really do a find job of photo editing, a project I'll be forced to start on in the near future. I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I get started.

Later...
Joan

Lilojame

Todays update shall be again of slightly different nature. But before we go to that, we shall look at some regional shoots.

Here is a crude transportation map:

And of-course as promised, a region by itself with a twist (If you click on the image you will be able to see unedited region as a whole but be warned, it is a large picture  ;D):

Today we shall travel to Laketown:

The twist to this update is, that all the pictures from this sentence on are without photoshoping (besides the resizing, framing and title-ing).

Laketown is the only real city that exists in Rainbow Falls (besides Lakeshore City). Its growth was rapid and even queens strict orders to not expand didn't managed to prevent its growth. To this day there is around 110 000 souls living in Laketown.

I suggest that we look at some of the day pictures:

And some night pictures:

And for those of you, who want to see more of Laketown, there is around 40 pictures waiting for you in the sideshow (approx 6 min long) and don't forget to turn up your speakers:

I hoped you liked todays update!

Hi Arthur! Thank you very much! Hm, well, could you please specify what you thought with more in-game pictures (more pictures that are not photoshoped OR there was not enough in-game pictures in previous update)? I Hope to hear from you again!

Hi
bat! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the pictures. I hope that you will stop by again!

Hi
Jon! No need to apology, I tend to miss updates also, so I know how it is when you are busy. I am glad that you liked Paroch Town and the ponds. Well, Golgothem is an twisted yet superficial SimKing. As for the story, it shall continue in tomorrows update. ;) Thank you very much for your nice comment and I am looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
Joan! I am glad that you like my photo editing! As for that building, yes, I agree that the propotions are slightly off. Thank you for pointing that out since somehow I didn't noticed the building (Shame on me!). What reflection type are you speaking of, the reflections of the buildings or the "watery reflective look"? I am asking because, If you wish, I can have a quick tutorial up in no time. ;) Thank you very much for commenting and I do hope to hear from you again!

Hello
lurkers! I hope you liked todays update (cant really know, right?) and that you shall stop by again!

Stay tuned for tomorrow is a day of another few random pictures and a story-time.

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

rooker1

Great updates. 
You always pack so much into them.  Not only did you show us pictures, but you show us 40 pictures in a slide show with some really good music. 
I'll be back for the next update.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

JBSimio

Well Karin, there it is... Proof that your cities look just as good before you alter the images as they do after!   &apls  That being said, I have to admit that I really love the black and white picture near the top of the update.  Laketown looks like a very nice place indeed and seems to have a bit of everything to offer.  I'll have to catch up on your slideshows when I get my home internet back.  :(

See you next time,
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

art128

Wow ! this city is awesome Karin, great work with these W2W  &apls
The port look good too.  :thumbsup:
and by "more in game pictures", I mean more pictures of your city  :P
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

projectadam

Lilojame,

Ooooohhhhhhhh, I think Laketown is one of my favorites so far. I love the walls and the streams throughout the city. Excellent downtown commercial, residential suburbs and great industry park &apls
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

thundercrack83

Great stuff, Karin! Great stuff, as per usual!

Laketown is absolutely gorgeous! I think I'll be checking the real estate sections to see about moving there!

You're doing such an incredible job with your time in OSITM, my friend! It's so great to see you doing just great work!

Take care, Karin!

Dustin

threestooges

Very nice update Karin. A good mix of old and new, on a few levels. First, the vaiety in your building selection seems to give a sense of development/time to the cities. For example, the old brick factories in the 8th pic of Laketown contrast well with the high tech satellite dishes and other high tech industry. But on another level, seeing things like Peg's streams is a nice throw back to the early days of the game. Very nice work and enjoy your month in OSITM.

Jmouse

Wow, that is one ducky bride! :D Really interesting and very imaginative story.

I think it's a great idea to include the unedited photos. There aren't as many changes as I first thought, and I have to agree the edited versions fit well with your established mood. On the other hand, Laketown unedited looks great! Your work with the streams is excellent, especially as shown in the fourth photo. The neighborhoods look good, too - lots of variety, but the various elements work well together.

The nighttime shots are always personal favorites, and the overview looks great - you've done a good job on your use of diagonals. The reflections I mentioned are in the third photo of this post on Page 11.

I have to watch the slide show later, but I'm sure it will be just as good - or better - than the ones which have preceded it!
Joan