• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rainbow Falls - OSITM part 26-27

Started by Lilojame, October 31, 2008, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

Hi Karin,

Congrats on both your BEST NEWCOMER MD award and also on being elected to OSITM for December.  I have a feeling you will be showing us plenty of great stuff from Rainbow Falls this month.

Oh, and congrats on reaching 200 replies as well.

Paul

metarvo

Congratulations, Karin.  You certainly deserve the award that you have won, since you have built a very fine MD.  Of course, I believe that the OSITM honor has also been awarded to the right MD.  The two snow shots are beautiful.  Continue the wonderful work, Karin, because I really do want to see more.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dsrwhat316

See what happens? I visit your MD for the first time and you win not only the Best Newcomer award, but OSITM. I'm a lucky charm $%Grinno$%!

I like that castle in the middle of a snowstorm. That shot reminds me of a movie, but I can't quite remember what it is called. Nice work with the slidshow; your English was just fine to me. Did I actually see a skyscraper city thrown in there? I'm curious to see how you tackled that.

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Lilojame

OMG and darn... :D
Yet again I was not prepared for this.  &ops I don't know anymore what to say... really!

Since this is a really special time for Rainbow Falls, getting a Best Newcomer award AND being in Of Special Interest This Month section, I think it should be different and yet, what else can I do?

So this is how it shall go... each day we shall have a small update with a picture or two or maybe tree, depends on my free time. To addition to that there shall be at least one and up to tree (or four) updates per week, more or less same as now.

It is funny tho, since there is not much tiles to fill up in Rainbow Falls and some things would be gradually changing, as it will be finished soon, but nevertheless this MD shall carry on.

You remember that Rainbow Falls resides on the planet, right? Well, as Rainbow Falls is slowly coming to its end, the new region is arising to take its place, the Darkness Falls! And there are few other around also.

So today, since I didn't have to prepare for the OSITM we shall first check the Rainbow Falls region. If you want to see a bigger picture then click HERE.

The queen (picture below) has some problems ruling Rainbow Falls. As the wealth of her little kingdom is rising it also rises the threat to her throne. She is not truly aware of this even if she is starting to comprehend the graveness of the greed for power.

The Queen didn't really had much trust for hers right hand, Cardinal Prihmelan (picture below), yet he proved useful in these past years of hers reign. But with time that passed, he proved to have much uses and in hers eyes he became her trusted ally in regions affairs.

Queens youngest daughter, Princess Wiggienly was first to express her doubt to the mother. She plead her to be careful when dealing with Cardinal Prihmelan. Alas... the Queen had fell already under Cardinals charm and in uttermost anger she locked Wiggienly to the deepest dungeon with the order that she is never again allowed to see the sun.

The people of Rainbow Falls were in shock. They could not believe how the queen could lock her daughter whom they all loved for her wisdom, kindness and for her good look. They start rebelling in small forces all over the kingdom but for now, their try to liberate the Princess were futile.

Yet, the Princess was right in hers assumptions for Cardinal has given into his greed for power. He started to intrigue with Kind Golgothem (picture below), a peaty little king (of one small town) with evil mind.

The plan to overthrown the Queen would be, that Cardinal would suggest that the oldest daughter Princess Geeze would be married to King Golgothem. The Queen, being old and tired, would retreat and give her ruling seat to her daughter (which the truth be said is stupid) and Golgothem. And as soon as Queen would not be in the gaze of the public anymore, any mediocre assassin could do her cold.

How would that aid to the Cardinal, you ask? Well, the Cardinal is no fool. He know that people of Rainbow Falls would never accept King Golgothem as his rightful ruler and he has no other ally. Just a slight organization and all Rainbow Falls would march to carry the King to his cold grave. With that be done, Cardinal would become the ruler of Rainbow Falls.

But be that for today all.

Please forgive me, but as I already said, I was not ready for being in OSITM and had lots to do IRL today... I promise tho, that the next OSITM Updates shall be better than todays one.

Hi squidi! Thank you very much! I hope to see you here again!

Hello
owlsinger! Thank you very much! I am glad that you like the pictures! I hope that you will stop in here again!

Hi
Schulmanator! Thank you very much, and I hope to hear from you again!

Hello
JBSimio! Haha, I believe that your vocabulary is doing just fine and thank you! Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
Pat! Well, the sound was not intended to be as such, but recording it with phone and then turning waw to mp3 did the trick. I need to find my old software and mix some custom music for those slides...  ??? I am glad that you liked the update! Yes, I know that the competition was hard but nevertheless I was kinda sure that you will win. But hey, I find you a winner anyways! Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hello
Joan! Thank you very much! I will try my best to be around and I most definitely hope that you shall be also!

Hi
bat! Thank you very much! I hope that you will decide to walk the rainbows of Rainbow Falls again!

Hello
Robin! Thank you very much! Well, here in Slovenia we had approx 20 cm of snow before it rained today.  ??? But tomorrow is supposed to snow again. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
flyinbird93! Well, each update covers one medium or one large city tile (one tile is usually one city/village). I prefer the large ones but they are much more demanding to my PC. The next region in line will be of only the large tiles tho. Take your time and I hope to see you here again!

Hello
Adam! You are very much welcome and thank you also for a long and nice comment. ;) You described it perfectly, sc4 lands are vast fields of inner reflections and fantasy (even when author procaines his/hers work to be a real-life replica).
Well, if I would try to give this MD a static look, follow same principle every single time, border everything it would become boring to me and I believe also for the reader. Doing it this way gives me enough space to go where I feel going at that precise moment and with that there is no need for me to take a break from doing it since every time there are different thoughts behind the works.
I am very glad that you liked the Indian Settlement and the rl pictures used in that occasion. As for Burg Eltz, it rely is a wonderful bat and it would be a shame if it wouldn't be shown. I have some other plans for it in future also...  ;) Thank you very much! It seems that you were right, but well, the kingdom has its troubles now even if the party is still going on. ;)
Again thank you and I do hope that you will yet again walk upon the rainbows of Rainbow Falls!

Hi
Arthur! Thank you very much! Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hello
Paul! Thank you very much! And congrats on being the 200th poster. There shall be a little surprise for you in one of future updates. ;) I hope that you will decide to visit RF again!

Hi
metarvo! Thank you very much! It came as a real surprise to me, honestly, but I couldn't think of better gift for the holiday-month! Be assured, that I shall show more. ;) I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Dan! Haha, I guess you really are a lucky charm! The queen already proclaimed a special Dan´s Day holiday! ;) Thank you very much! Hm, now I am trying to figure out which movie that could be :D, but I am glad that you liked it! Yes, you have seen right. The city is named Lakeshore City and was already featured in one of the updates. But if you look again, you will see another one forming.  ;D I hope to see from you again!

Thank you very very very much all!!!

EDIT: Thank you very much David!  :) I just fixed the banner in here. 

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Pat

Hey Karin you are going to Rock December as you have Rocked November!!! I have faith in you and you will do great this month and I cant wait to see what you got in store for us all... Thank you for your nice words it means a lot to me!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Congratulations, Lilojame!

The MD Section Staff*

* Actually, Karin, it's just little old me filling in for Robin and Dustin.  The ribbons were a bit late arriving from the printer. -DE
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

Another one month old MD that found it's way into the OSITM. 
Great work here, absolutely no surprise why you are here.
Congrates on a well deserved move.
Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

That's a fascinating update/story, Karin. I am certain you will be an exceptional OSITM contributor. So I shall sit back and enjoy watching the story unfold in the charming fairytale land we know as Rainbow Falls!

Later...
Joan

JBSimio

Hi Karin,

First of all, let me congratulate you for making it into OSITM for December.  I have no doubt that your huge impact on the Mayor Diary world will continue and most likely grow even further here.

I really liked seeing your region shot.  It looks as if you are terraforming this by hand?!?  Can that possibly be true?  If so, your talent is even more amazing than I originally thought.  You've presented a very interesting story line and I look forward to seeing how things turn out.

Until next time...
JB (also known as Jon... ;) )

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Lilojame

Hi all again! Today is another picture&story day, but tomorrow there shall be a longer update...

As a novelty in the OSITM Special Time you shall be able to see each picture manipulated here and if you wish, you shall be able to click on the picture and see the "not modified" one.

And todays picture is:

Remeber, if you click it you will see exactly what I see in game!

And now to the story time...

The evil plan, woven in Cardinal Prihmelan´s rotten mind, was already set to motion. King Golgothem decided, to sent his messenger (picture below) to Queens Cort, after discussing the matter with his trusties. But the King does not so blindly trust the Cardinal and is already making plans for the time after he claims his new crown.

The messenger arrived in Rainbow Falls in utter confusion to where he is supposed to go. Discovering the streets and back ally he at last decided to ask the locals for directions.

He was accepted with the honor that suits such important messenger and the Queen did listen. She called for her daughter Princess Geeze (on the picture below) and informed her that she has a suitor. The Princess asked how large his wealth is and for assessments of his looks. The Queen was mad at such behavior and the people of Rainbow Falls shrugged in fear that this daughter might become imprisoned also. With that the queens decision was swift! Princess Geeze shall be married to King Golgothem in the shortest time possible!

Geeze went crying down into the dungeons to meet her dearest friend Executioner (picture below), a man that in her opinion has the softest and kindest soul on entire world. She cried her heart out to this "gentle" man and all that he could initially say was "Hm..". After some time of thinking, he gently asked :"Do you want me to cut your head off since you seem reluctant to marry this king? We might have a nice roosted duck then... I don't remember when I had that last..." Geeze embraced her friend and thank him but decided to give her future husband a chance... besides, if she marry the spell shall be broken and she will regain her human form again...

Thank you very much for visiting and reading! I hope you found todays OSITM Update interesting and that you shall find the time to leave a word!

Hi Pat! Thank you very much and hey, it is all true and therefor you are welcome. ;) Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
David! Thank you very much for the ribbons (darn it looks nice) and let me add that I am very glad to see you in here even if helping Dustin and Robin! I do hope that maybe sometime in the future you shall left a footprint in Rainbow Falls again. Thanks you again!

Hi
Robin! Thank you very much! Well, I certainly am surprised and am taking all this as a very special December gift from SC4D and the community! Looking forward to her from you again!

Hi
sincitybaby and thank you very much! Looking forward to see your words imprinted over the rainbows in Rainbow Falls!

Hi
Joan! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the story thus far and I hope that the todays continuation shall be to your taste also. I will certainly try my best and I hope that nobody shall be disappointed. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
Jon! Thank you very much for your kind words! I really appreciate it. You are correct, all the terraforms done in here are done by hand and as I go. I find that approach more interesting to me personally, since I don't exactly know how the whole thing will look at the end. I am glad that you liked the story so far and I do hope that you shall like todays part also. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Thank you very much for the visits and lovely comments!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

bat

Congrats for your award there!! &apls &apls &apls

And your pictures in the update are fantastic! Wonderful work on them! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JBSimio

Hi Karin,

Yet another very nice picture!   &apls  There's a softness to all your game pictures that really works well and lends them a story tale quality that fits perfectly here.

And so the plot thickens, I see.  Hmmm... I'm interested to see Princess Geeze in her human form although, I must admit that the idea of roast duck sounded pretty darn good for a minute there!  (Nothing personal against the princess, of course.)  I guess I'll just have to cook my own duck now... ;)

See you next time,
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

kimcar

&apls &apls Very nice update again . Your pics are just stunning. I don`t know what so said i just repeat myself comment. I guess you just have to read this post for the next 10 ones  :D .  Nan, seriously i want to congrats you too for the OSITM. Very deserved  :thumbsup:

Pat

Karin great update here again today!!!! I love the new pictures!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bluesinjid

Alright congratz on your NEWCOMER award and your O.I.S.M! &apls Always love how you photoshop your buildings briliantly!

flyinbird93

congradulations on your achievment, this is a journal everyone needs to see and its in its right to win a spot in "special interest"!  wonderful pics as usual, and deffinatly different.  a couple of those people scare me lol!

Lilojame

In todays update we shall visit another small town. The Queen decided that this town shall be named after Paul (paroch) who posted the 200th post in this thread.

Remember that in the OSITM Updates you are able to click on every picture to see the version without any photoshoping at all.

So without further ado, I give you

Paroch Town is really a small town and yet of importance. Here is situated Queens Winter Castle to wich you were invited. But also, there on the hill stands a church where the late King of Rainbow Falls found his final rest.

But instead of talking about the thown, lets simply have a look at it:

For the end of todays update we also have approx 5 min long slideshow:

I hope that you liked todays update. Tomorrow the story shall continue. All comments are very much appreciated and welcome.

Hi bat! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the picture. Hope to see you here again!

Hi
Jon! Thank you very much! Haha, well, I have to admit that while writing that I was kinda hungry.  :D You shall be able to see Princess Geeze in her human form tomorrow, when her wedding shall be. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
kimcar! Thank you very much! Well, just so that you know, I don't mind if "somebody" keeps repeating already said. It is always nice to read comments, but I am very sure that you know that also. Hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Pat! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the update. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
bluesinjad! Thank you very much! I am glad that you like my phostoshoping. Hope to hear from you again!

Hi
flyingbird93! Thank you very much! *blush* Haha, some of people in there scares me also. A little "fact" about one of the story pictures: the Executioner one is actually composed from 2 different pictures, but I believe that that is visible.  ;D Looking forward to hear from you again!

Thank you all for visiting and commenting!

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Paroch Town is a really fantastic town!
And superb pictures there! You have added there awesome effects... :thumbsup: