• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rainbow Falls - OSITM part 26-27

Started by Lilojame, October 31, 2008, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

Delightful pix! Just as nice at night as it is in daytime.  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Lilojame

Who would guess, but it is time for another:

Here is something little that you shall be able to see in the next update:

I hope you liked todays teaser and that you shall be back for the update.

Hi papab2000! Thank you very much, I am glad you liked it and I hope you shall visit Rainbow Falls again.

Hey
Joan! Thank you very much for your kind comment! I am glad that you liked the slideshow and hey, believe it or not, I prefer the night ones also. ;) Hope to see you in RF again!

Hi
Arthur! Thank you very much, I am glad that you liked the update! Hope that you shall stop by again!

Hey there
, flyinbird93. I am glad that you stoped by again. Thanks you very much for your kind words and I hope you shall wisit RF again!

Hi
kimcar! Thank you very much for your nice comment! I am eagrly waiting for the time when you will update your Funtasia again! See you!

Hey
Pat! I am glad that the update was to your liking! Thank you very much! See you!

Hi
Schulmanator! Thank you very much for the footprints you left here today. I am glad that you liked the pictures and I hope to hear from you again!

Thank you all for visiting and stay tuned for the update will come "soon"!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sithlrd98

Sorry I missed that last update...Lakeshore city looks great! I also like that teaser shot for the next update :thumbsup:!

Jayson

Simpson

Update 06:
This is an excelent update my friend, your city is looking really fantastic. The night shot are incredible  :o
Super work  :thumbsup:

Teaser:
A superb picture, this waterfall is looking good :thumbsup:
I'm looking forward to update 07(?)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

metarvo

The latest slideshow is truly impressive.  The night shots look great, and I am also pleased with the cloud effect in the last two daytime pictures.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Lilojame

As promised we shall have The Return to Innocence update today. To this day (todays update not included) Rainbow Falls had 10 updates (6 regular ones, 1 trivia, 1 return to innocence as special update and 2 extra special ones).
But enough of chit-chat, lets travel in a yet unknown part of Rainbow Falls.

The queen decided that it is time to explore the borders of her small kingdom. In order to do so, she first sent ahead few most trusted and respected scouts:

The most recognized and honored by the Rainbow Falls is Six-Sky Running-Wolf who is often found in secret conversations with the queen (there are some in her court that look at that from the high ground and with suspicion) :

After the scouts have return, the queen decided to send ahead some roads builders to make the travel and explorations easier:

But then something occurred there in the forests where the builders were laying the roads. All of them disappeared. After few weeks of no word from them, the queen again send the scouts out to find out what happend. Six-Sky Running-Wolf reported back, that they found a settlement:

The queen is still deciding what to do and discussing the subject with her loyal Six-Sky Running-Wolf.

In the meantime, I am inviting you, to travel in the new explored land of Rainbow Falls:

And for the end of todays update, I again have for you a slideshow. Do not forget to turn up your speakers, sit back and relax for it is time to Return to Innocence:

I hope you have enjoyed todays update!

Thank you very much for visiting and commenting! The personal responds shall be done in the next "teaser time", stay tuned!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Ennedi

Hello Karin,

I didn't visit SC4D very often last few months and I was absent when Rainbow Falls was began - sorry! But now I'm here and I just spent a nice hour in your magic world  :)

I love night and day panorams of Trinity Falls! Great work with the perspective, softening the landscape and the really dramatic sky - and beautiful final effect! These two pictures are for me the essence of the specific Rainbow Falls climate.

I like the Return to Innocence picture series, and the Lakeshore City - Park du Sincitybaby is fantastic!

I saw your today's slideshow too and I like it a lot. Nice music - Enigma?... :)

Of course many of our SC4 friends  are less romantic and more realistic, they can say some of your pictures have a bit too "impressionist" look. But in my opinion something else is important: I said one time commenting my own MD that my main goal of creating SC4 worlds is to move the reader's imagination - and I can use many various tools to achieve it. And your work definitely wakes up readers' imagination. Your whole work, including pictures, the story and side comments. It's a great pleasure to spend a while in Rainbow Falls!

I really like and appreciate your photoshopping experiments. Your work with the mist, waterfalls (which look not too good when unedited) and water ripples (especially) is very good! But I would suggest you to make more experiments and try various effects. Photoshopping is a great adventure, you try more and more new things and you slowly come to conclusion that (exactly as in the real life  :D) more subtle and more simple solutions are the best ones. Sometimes a very little editing can give a great effect. Please don't take it as a critique, I simply suggest you to play more  :)

As for the perspective: It adds a lot to most of your pictures. But maybe you noticed that it works best applied to panoramas. Using perspective is not easy when you have tall buildings on a picture. It seems we should try to avoid high buildings close to the picture border, the perspective tool gives a "fish-eye lens" effect in that case. Again, my intention is only to help to improve something what is very good already  :)

Good luck!
Adam

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

kimcar

I don`t know what to said Karin . It`s gorgious  &apls &apls &apls Great skill for terraforming . Music and slideshow  :o :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Quite an impressive update, Karin. You certainly have an eye for photgraphic composition and Photoshopping. I think the fourth photo is my favorite, but the rest are certainly close contenders. It's always a pleasure to see a new Rainbow Falls update announcement in the e-mail box.

You're doing exceptional work here...
Joan

thundercrack83

You continue to produce absolutely beautiful work here, Karin!

Everything I see here in Rainbow Falls is just a picture-perfect vision of beauty!

Magnificent, simply magnificent!

Dustin

Lilojame

It is time to do some personal responses to your most wonderful comments and for the end, I dont have a teaser for you BUT I do have a "candy".

Lets first do replays:

Hi Adam (Ennedi)! I am very glad that you took your time to explore Rainbow Falls and grateful for long comment. I am glad that you liked the Trinity Falls panoramas, Lakeshore City part 1 and Return to Innocence updates. Yes, you are correct, the music in last update was Enigma - Return To Innocence. I was listening to it while I was terraforming that specific "block" and therefore decided to use the same music that was inspiring me during the work.
I am well aware, that some prefer more realistic aproaches and I could do that if I would put my mind to it but I decided agains that. Why? Well, that wouldnt be "me", it would not portray the "inner me", my way of thinking, hoping etc. I use this specific MD to portray my life, emotions and when looked closer you see that everything is not so great. For example the Lakeshore city perspective. I definetly agree, that perspectice corrections on tall buildings doesnt work good but on other hand I went for it because it subtly shows the disortions in my life, when on first glance all looks simply great but on closer examination there are things there that are simply "off".
What I try to do with this specific MD is showing the deeper parts of my ego, opening the thoughts without speaking and puting them on the wall. Creating Rainbow Falls and Rainbow Falls is a "therapy" that calmes my mind and at same time puts the "problems" right there before me, with no way to surpress or avoid them.
And besides that, yes, I try at same time also move the readers imagination and whenever I am succesfull at that, it makes me pleased.
I also have to agree with you on playing with ps. I actualy do that quite a lot and every day I learn something new. But I have some future plans for Rainbow Falls and in order to achieve them it is vital, that for now, I stick to specific look of it. When this region shall be finished, that shall not mean the end of this MD but it shall continue with another region, portraying the "darker sides" of world in wich Rainbow Falls exist. The transition from one to another shall be done as subtly as the shadows cover the landscape when sun goes down.
Do not worry, I take your words for what they really are and see good intention without you pointing it out.  ;) What I will promise to you is, that I shall try to do Rainbow Falls better and your thoughts shall definetly help with that.
Thank you again for taking the time to look in here and leaving a deep footprint. I hope, that you shall return and that I shall again hear from you!

Hi
kimcar! Thank you very much for your lovely comment! Hope to see you here again!

Hi
Joan (Jmouse)! Thanks you very much for your kind words! Hope that you shall be again tempted to walk in RF.

Hi
Dustin (thundercrack83)! Thank you very much for your lovely words! Always happy to hear from you!

And now as promissed a "candy" for all of you.

In the highest parts of Rainbow Falls it is snowing for the very first time!!! (takes a bit to load)

Thank you all for visiting and leaving comments!

sim-al2

:o :o

I can't think of any good words to describe how incredible that is! (wait, I just did, didn't I? ::) )
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

metarvo

I think that you have described this update quite well.  In fact, this is an innocent area.  It is undeveloped and there are plenty of trees.  The stream is very nice, and so is the waterfall.  I did watch the slideshow, and I enjoyed every minute. :)  You are doing a great job, Karin.  Keep it up.

&apls
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

flyinbird93

I'M NOT WORTHY! haha, omg your images rock my socks off!  The water falls are AH MAY ZING! To much cool stuff to comment on :D  can't wait for more

bat

WoW wonderful updates there! And great work on your region! It is looking really beautiful! Awesome! :thumbsup:

Lilojame

&idea Time for new update!

Today, my dear visitors, we shall travel to not only one, but to two very little towns, almost villages. They sprung from the ground almost without anybody noticing and the people say, that they wish the towns stay as they are without any future development. The queen was first shoocked and said "No".

After a while, few of angry residentals (on the upper picture) showed before her castle and convince her to change her mind. After her official announcement to all of Rainbow Falls, that the cities can stay as they are, the people return back home where they peacefuly live and work (on the picture down).

Lets now travel to the first town that they defended, Ironsmall:

And now I suggest that we leave Ironsmall before the farmers find us snooping around and check on the second tiny town Littleway:

For the end of todays update, I do not have a slideshow but I have 3 Rainbow Falls-Flashes (it will take some time to load tho).

It was raining at night:

And even during the day but somegow sun managed to penetrate the clouds neverthless:

And the good news at that is, that a little lake did not flood the surroundings but remaind peaceful:

I hope you have enjoyed today update! In next one, we shall also see how the region of Rainbow Falls looks now.

Hi sim-al2! Yes you did and thank you! I hope you shall stop by again!

Hey
metarvo! I am glad that you liked the updated. Thank you very much. I hope you shall visit RF again!

Hi
flyinbird93! Awww... now you made me blush.  ;) But on serious note, I am glad that you liked what I posted and I am looking foward to hear from you again!

Hey
bat! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked it. I hope to see you here again!

Thank you all for visiting and commenting! I apreciate it very much! 

metarvo

Well, I'm already visiting again, Karin.  How can I stay away after this update?  It's breathtaking... :)  The three flash files are really something else.  Who would have dreamed that an actual rainbow would appear in Rainbow Falls?

&apls

flyinbird93

holy crap that's awesome!  you actually have the rain animation!  You amaze me with your imaging skills and how you bring your city to life.