• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

choco's attempts at BATing bridges

Started by choco, June 03, 2008, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

Perhaps you could create the RUL as a cosmetic patch? I.E., when you install the NAM you can choose the new RUL or the Maxis version.

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on November 20, 2009, 04:20:23 PM
Perhaps you could create the RUL as a cosmetic patch? I.E., when you install the NAM you can choose the new RUL or the Maxis version.

That would require creating and maintaining a separate version of the Bridge Controller file, which isn't a viable solution.

-Alex

Andreas

Nice! The cables don't look very well, maybe that's why they disabled it - but maybe it can be fixed? I'd say we could try to make it available with new IDs, though. :)
Andreas

KoV Liberty

Dragonhartz has a good idea but as Tarkus pointed out, not possible. Well, I say go for modifying it!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

dragonshardz

Who's Dragonhartz?

Naah, just giving ya a hard time Driftmaster.

Anyhow, since my idea wouldn't work, I say go for modding it.

Monorail Master

Driftmaster07: lol. fail

Choco: I sometimes get that too. Mainly with the no-slope for bridges mod.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

choco

Quote from: Andreas on November 20, 2009, 04:55:21 PM
Nice! The cables don't look very well, maybe that's why they disabled it - but maybe it can be fixed? I'd say we could try to make it available with new IDs, though. :)
thats basically what i've done....something i didn't expect was that the cables dont show when the bridge is RULed...

so this will likely be another bridge given the cable problem....

Quote from: Monorail Master on November 21, 2009, 10:35:23 AM
Choco: I sometimes get that too. Mainly with the no-slope for bridges mod.
???  not quite sure i follow ya....

choco

double posting.....because, well....why not....

just a rough draft, but cables aren't a problem.  ;)

KoV Liberty

Nice! :) Two things:

1. Will you be nightlighting most of the model like it's supposed to be in RL.
2. Ever though of using models from this link. There are some pretty good ones there.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Monorail Master

Quote from: choco on November 21, 2009, 01:04:29 PM
thats basically what i've done....something i didn't expect was that the cables dont show when the bridge is RULed...

so this will likely be another bridge given the cable problem....

???  not quite sure i follow ya....

There is another way to see them. That is:

Look at the bridge pillars in water pipe or Subway view. If your slope at the begging of the bridge is on the water, you can see those hidden supports.
(\__/)

choco

hi everyone!

finally got a PC up and running, so finally back to work after the new year.  lots of new stuff on the way, but i wanted to inform the community that we've finally made some headway on dual-networking bridges.   :)

the initial test bridge was a highway-based bridge, the TsingMa by jeronij, which was pathed to allow rail traffic as well.  the congestion issue that resulted when both types of traffic crossed the bridge caused the bridge to never be released.  as with many problems without a solution, we decided to try something else.

that 'something else' lies in single-tile wide bridges; and more specifically, which base network the bridge is designed for.  ;)

here's an example of the original test....the bottom bridge is a simple El-rail over road to match the same NAM plugin.  its not pretty, but no congestion issues were ever observed.  the key here was to mod the bridge as an elevated rail bridge, NOT a road bridge. 

since, we've found that El-rail, GLR, monorail, and heavy rail are able to be dual-networked with car traffic with no congestion issues.  bridges based on the 2-tile wide networks all seem to suffer from either congestion (MHW) or lack of rail traffic (Ave).  i still have hope for a solution, but lots more testing needs to be done to identify the actual cause.

mightygoose

welcome back friend, awesome to hear of your progress.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

rooker1

choco.... %BUd%
After that post I can say I officially love all you guys that worked on this solution.
Especially the El rail over road, one of my favourite transits to use in my cities.

Thank you!
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

choco

:thumbsup:

thought maybe some viaducts would serve this purpose well.... ;D

io_bg

Wow! That bridge is awesome and will certainly be put in good use when released :thumbsup: $%Grinno$%
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Nardo69

I said earlier before because of the raised maxis bridges and I say it now again:

You are my man!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls &apls

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Girafe

OMG 

The work about this dual bridges is awesome  &apls &apls &apls

I really enjoy the bridge with tramway  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Welcome back choco and I'm happy to see you've already advanced to dual networks!
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Monorail Master

are those draggable. im astonished. i dont have any words
(\__/)