• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maarten's Regions (Imaginia and Schellingen Stadt)

Started by MandelSoft, May 18, 2008, 11:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatsuhono

Wow, your city-building is very beautiful my friend! The great RHW interchanges and even all the buildings in your city are very beautiful! I cannot wait for more! :)

Welcome to your 4th page!!!

MandelSoft

Thanks for the replies! Today, no pictures, but

News

11 september 2008
A7 COMPLETED
Randstad - Today, at 12:00 hours local time, the last part of the Rijksweg 7 (A7/N7) between Are (Exit 33) and Randstad (Exit 34) has been opened by the minister of Traffic. Therefore, Imaginia's most important north/south connection is completed. The Rijksweg 7 extends from the coast of Zeeland to Randstad, on the border of the Bundesrepublik Schellingen, where it continues as the Bundes Autobahn A43. "This road can stimulate the relation of both countries," sais Marco Forens, the minister of Traffic. "It releases most of the other connections to Schellingen. There were often gridlocks at the borders. Now we hope this problem is solved." The last part of the A7 costed about Nk5,500,000 (Nickle is the currency of Imaginia), which is about US$4,200,000.

17 september 2008
GUILLIANO WANTS TO EXPERIMENT WITH BUS LANES
Guilliano - The city wants to set up an experiment with roads that are only accessable by bus. The mayor wants that the busses can move freely, even when the roads are nearly stuck. He also hopes that more cities will follow.

22 september 2008
150TH AUTHUM FESTIVAL A GREAT SUCCESS
Kapish - The Authum Festival was this year again a great success. This day is celebrated for more than 500 years by the indians in Imaginia, but 150 years ago, there was the first real festival. Nowadays, the whole nation is celebrating this day! "The old cultures must be kept alive," sais Moande Holafnia, member of the Imaginian Culture Institute. "It's something we have to cherish, because a world without various cultures would be boring, to my opinion."

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

Great work on the newest two posts there!
Wonderful pictures of your city at the previous page! :thumbsup:

Pat

Hey Maarten that is some awesome news from around the area!! I cant wait to the next update!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MandelSoft

Teaser!
Before a new update, I present you some preview pics...

Descriptions of the pictures and a real update coming later! I've 20 pitcures for you!

Best,
Maarten

bat

These preview pictures are looking fantastic, Maarten!
The first one is beautiful!

Looking forward to the update with 20 pictures... ;)

art128

really nice pictures my friend  &apls &apls :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

Guilliano
City under construction
Part III

This is the third part of the construction special of Guilliano. Today: Again more development in Guilliano and some custom content showcase, but there has one thing changed: First, the city had large debts. Now it has a significant profit. But first:

()flamdev() MWUHAHA! Am I evil now? (Only joking!)

Pictures
I named some of the cities/villages/areas in Imaginia after some of our fellow users or their MD's. See if you can recognise some in the region view.

3.1 Sheepton had an abandonment problem, but you see more high-wealth buildings here.

3.2 Large offices are rising up in the city center.

3.3 The mall area at night. Technical speaking, the mall isn't a mall, but a shopping center with numerous of small stores and some cafes.

3.4 The Northend Settlement. Look at the Highway: isn't that SC3K nostaligy?

3.5 Here again the highway, with GLR passing though it (Notice the catenaries! A new mod under developement.)

3.6 Just installed Deadwoods highway walls, and as you see, I like them

3.7 Here again the walls, near a new industrial area

3.8 I have 'pimped' some highways ...

3.9 ... and interchanges with lights!

3.10 The green belt between the highway and a suburb

3.11 And to close the Highway-subject; here a pic of a 'pimped' exit

3.12 The new suburb: Terra Minora. You see that I've downloaded some Paris buildings lately (With diagonals, yay!).The top building under construction is callagrafx newest BAT. It's the first time that I see it in-game.

3.13 New bus lanes in a new office area: Schellingerbruch.

3.14 Here is it again

3.15 And again, with a small Hub

3.16 Yay! The first skyscrapers in Guilliano!

3.17 An industrial area with high tension lines...

3.18 ... and a nuclear plant!

3.19 Oops! Almost forgot this one!

I hope you enjoyed this update!

EDIT: O yeah, I got a challenge for you: Find all references to SC4D (Users and MD's) in Imaginia!

Later!
Maarten

Simpson

Very fine work in this new update, your city looks great.
I'm looking forward for the next update
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

CasperVg

Very nice, I like the El-Highway "Supports" and the GLR Catenaries. The McDonalds in the middle of the Parisian neighbourhood stands out a little, but nothing serious. Further on, seeing the pictures of those road-side signs and the high-tension powerlines tempt me to download them. You made a great update here, great work!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

warconstruct

of very beautiful images, l' motorway is very well made!
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

art128

awesome pictures my friend  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

I have the area of the city named after me, and I'm here for only a month ()stsfd() THANK YOU!

Anyways, great work! :thumbsup: I'm impressed! &apls
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

metarvo

I like that SC3k-esque highway very much, Maarten.  I agree that it does bring back some memories.  For me, these are pleasant memories, although I haven't played SC3k in quite a while since SC4 is taking all of my free time right now.  That cloverleaf is also quite impressive! :thumbsup:  For a minute, I thought I was actually reading Haljackey's GTR. :D  You're becoming quite an MD'er.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MandelSoft

Replies

Quote from: bat on September 30, 2008, 08:22:13 AM
These preview pictures are looking fantastic, Maarten!
The first one is beautiful!

Looking forward to the update with 20 pictures... ;)

Well, I made a small miscalculation (19 pics instead of 20). I hope you've enjoyed last update!

Quote from: art128 on September 30, 2008, 08:27:25 AM
really nice pictures my friend  &apls &apls :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Quote from: Simpson on October 01, 2008, 09:46:46 AM
Very fine work in this new update, your city looks great.
I'm looking forward for the next update
Thanks!

Quote from: caspervg on October 01, 2008, 10:23:36 AM
Very nice, I like the El-Highway "Supports" and the GLR Catenaries. The McDonalds in the middle of the Parisian neighbourhood stands out a little, but nothing serious. Further on, seeing the pictures of those road-side signs and the high-tension powerlines tempt me to download them. You made a great update here, great work!
Yeah, the McDonalds stands at the wrong place, but in RL, there are even stranger locations of fastfood restaurants. And the signs; well, they are private BATs and specially made for Imaginia.

Quote from: warconstruct on October 01, 2008, 10:35:30 AM
of very beautiful images, l' motorway is very well made!
Thanks for the compliment about motorways! I just love them!

Quote from: art128 on October 01, 2008, 11:14:46 AM
awesome pictures my friend  :thumbsup:
Second reply! Thanks!

Quote from: Sheep49 on October 01, 2008, 11:26:57 AM
I have the area of the city named after me, and I'm here for only a month ()stsfd() THANK YOU!

Anyways, great work! :thumbsup: I'm impressed! &apls
You're welcome!

Quote from: metarvo on October 01, 2008, 03:15:51 PM
I like that SC3k-esque highway very much, Maarten.  I agree that it does bring back some memories.  For me, these are pleasant memories, although I haven't played SC3k in quite a while since SC4 is taking all of my free time right now.  That cloverleaf is also quite impressive! :thumbsup:  For a minute, I thought I was actually reading Haljackey's GTR. :D  You're becoming quite an MD'er.
LOL! So That means that my MD can be compared to the GTR for instance. Thanks!

The Good Old Times
Pictures from my former Region

Today I show pictures of the times that I was a total SC4 n00b. They are from my former region named Londen. It was my first successfull region in SC4. There were two standard cities in the region already, and I expanded them. It was also the first region that made profit anyway! I didn't make that much pictures in that time, so I have not much. What's posted here is all I can find.

So sit back and watch the Good Old Pictures

1. The humble beginning of the Region. Londen is the only city that's not made by Maxis (you see how noobish I was then)

2. This is ten months later:

You can see I've terraformed the landscape a lot! And you see one record-breaking city: Kavelte. It's a medium sized city and it has 325K(!) inhabitants. Only Konrad has a larger number of inhabitants! Another weird fact: Kavelte is uncheated, unmodded, and hasn't seen Rush Hour (well, once, but then it was already that size).

3. The road map:

4. The first real High-rise. Picture from Voorstede. Voorstede had once a enourmous profit, and had a budget from over $1M. And that with SC4 only!

5. Londen Center:

6. Londen Center, a few months later:

7. Londen Twin Towers. I was proud to have them...

8. ...and this building I was also proud of

9. I was in a destructive mood ;D.  Picture from Londen,

10. Overleek City

11. And the large highway bridge of Overleek

12. Let's unleash havoc in Overleek! (Done with RH, otherwise you haven't a UFO attack  :P)

13. And last but not least: Naastenmeer

After that, one year ago, this region was left behind. I started Imaginia. That region was build for SC4RH, and it was THE region for downloads. It was about eleven months ago when I started to download custom content. And in Decemer 2007 I discovered SimTropolis, and a few months later SC4D. With this, I told almost my whole SC4 History.

I hope you enjoyed my 'archive'!

Best,
Maarten

art128

that's a really nice update here Maarten  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Nice update and city
Great work  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Fantastic work on the two newest updates there!! Also the pictures are looking nice! Great work! :thumbsup:

paroch

Hi Maarten,

I've missed quite some development here.  Great idea to use the SC4 user/MD names in your city.  The ones I think I spot are:

Sheetpn - After Sheep49??
Northend - Could this be after my own West End?? (and that raised highway looks great).
Terra Minora - Maybe after Art's Manoestra??
Schellingerbruch - I'm really not sure about that one!

I really like picture 3.15 in that update - simple but very effective.  And your "pimping" of those exists and interesections is vey good indeed.

I also liked your old "look back in time".  I am sure we can all see how our gameplay has changed.  And you are right that once you discover custom content the game is NEVER the same again.  Thanks for sharing those with us.

Great work Maarten, All the best,

Paul

MandelSoft

Guess what I'd see this morning:

A milestone!

Quote from: art128 on October 07, 2008, 07:28:07 AM
that's a really nice update here Maarten  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Simpson on October 07, 2008, 11:18:14 AM
Nice update and city
Great work  &apls
Quote from: bat on October 08, 2008, 07:35:12 AM
Fantastic work on the two newest updates there!! Also the pictures are looking nice! Great work! :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Quote from: paroch on October 12, 2008, 02:01:36 AM
Hi Maarten,

I've missed quite some development here.  Great idea to use the SC4 user/MD names in your city.  The ones I think I spot are:

Sheetpn - After Sheep49??
Northend - Could this be after my own West End?? (and that raised highway looks great).
Terra Minora - Maybe after Art's Manoestra??
Schellingerbruch - I'm really not sure about that one!

I really like picture 3.15 in that update - simple but very effective.  And your "pimping" of those exists and interesections is vey good indeed.

I also liked your old "look back in time".  I am sure we can all see how our gameplay has changed.  And you are right that once you discover custom content the game is NEVER the same again.  Thanks for sharing those with us.

Great work Maarten, All the best,

Paul
Nice comment Paul. But you've guessed most of it wrong.

Sheepton - Named after Sheep49 (this one you've guessed right)
Northend - Nope, it's not named after West End or anything (Westeinde on the other hand IS named after West End (see page 2))
Terra Minora - This is a hard one. It's actually named after the Greater Terran Region. But the name has been 'shaped' (Min
or Terran, Terra Minora).
Schellingerbruch - That's a nasty one! It's named after a second region of mine, the Bundesrepublik Schellingen (See the News update).

Best,
Maarten