• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkus' Non-Transit Stuff

Started by Tarkus, February 07, 2008, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Yes, I'm taking the plunge into other areas of custom content creation now--but don't worry, I'm not going to stop transit stuff anytime soon. ;)

Well, first things first, I've recently started messing around with terrain modding.  I have always been wanting to create the High Desert region of Northwestern US (which, if you're not familiar with the area, covers the most of eastern two-thirds or so of Oregon and Washington, spilling into a couple other states as well).  I've been a fan of cycledogg's (aka c.p.) mods and textures, but I felt that his desert mods were a little more suited to the Southwestern US, so I developed a new terrain controller file, using his existing textures.  So, without further adieu, I'd like to introduce the Wasco Terrain Mod.

Here it is at lower elevations.  (I'm using it with dogfight's Dark Igneous Rock Mod and Cool Blue Water Mod.)

And at higher elevations, with cycledogg's trees:

I've also started messing around with map-making as well.  This is a map which I've called Kettle, and it's a 6x4 map.  It's actually a little bit small for my preferences. :D  And the Wasco Terrain Mod was used in making this region overview shot as well.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

Alex WoW, talk about stunning here!!! I like the terrian mod Wasco, and also the map...  I can't wait to see the further devolpment here.... 

Ps I know you would never dump transiting stuff as I belive its in your nature lol  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RebaLynnTS

Nothing wrong with branching out, and you are doing a good job.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Palpatine001

Interesting branching off there Alex.

And talk about one remote and god forsaken area I would not want to get lost in.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Though  ;D
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

figui

Alex, your wasco terrain mod is really good looking, although i'd prefer one less desert looking in my cities $%Grinno$%

Ps I know you would never dump transiting stuff as I belive its in your nature lol  ;)
:D i agree with Pat, i belive the same  ;D

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

beskhu3epnm

Alex, way to bring your entourage with you! Incredible job on the mod, I have just installed it and took a quick peek on a large scale elevation map. Looking forward to working with you on this front...

You are soon to be a master of all trades. Great map, too... tons of variation, etc. Woah!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dragonshardz

The only thing that map is missing is a good sized pre-bult port.  ;) ;)

Hint, hint, next map perhaps?

Haljackey

I like it!  It looks right at home with the rock mod too.

LOL, have enough windmills?  Although, they do look great with the new terrain mod. :o

Best,
-Haljackey

CasperVg

Oh, I like them. Does the Diagonal Jagged Edges mod work with the terrain controller? If yes, I would certainly use it when possibly released!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

jplumbley

HEY.. Did I tell you you could go out on your own?  Huh, huh...  ??? Just you wait, I will show you..  Show you good!   $%#Ninj2 ... Oh wait, this is in the NHP Creations Board.  YA..  :satisfied: Thats what I thought... See I taught you well.   ::)

Dont mind me.. just very, very bored over here and not ready to go lay down and goto sleep yet.... Although I should.. But NO, I must stay up for a few more minutes... Or not.

Hey... I just noticed, you made a new Terrain Controller...  :thumbsup: Wow, I didnt know you had it in you.   $%Grinno$%

JP, you've lost your mind!! - besk
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Pat

Besk that is soo true where ever Alex goes his groupies will follow lol..... Ohh wait did i just call myself a groupie hehehe??? Ooooh and I do agree that JP has lost his tiny little tree  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Heblem

bakerton

What a great job sofar Tarkus. I am glad you are not quiting transit related stuff. You must have alot of free time to do both this and transit related stuff. Anyway, keep it coming. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

superhands

tarkus, please when can i get my hands on this?
david :thumbsup:

Vandy

Hello, Tarkus.

I am quite interested in your terrain modding and believe you are acheived a wonderful start with your Wasco Terrain Mod.  I, too, am quite excited about using this mod and will be very happy when you finish and release it.  I can guarantee you it is going to look beautiful drapped over a number good maps.

Thank you for sharing this with us and I look forward to your continued progress.

Regards,

Gary (Vandy)

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980

jeronij

Hello Alex,

I totally missed this thread... ( who said reviving old threads was a bad idea (sometimes...)  ::) ) ... I am also interested in testing this terrrain mod. It seems it could fit better with my MD than the one I am using actually.... this is less saturated and more real looking.... so, if you have the time, can you post a link to this one?. Was it released to the LEX ?¿
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

Far as I know that the Wassco Terrain Mod hasnt been posted to the LEX yet but I do hope its soon!!! As I think this would be great for a project that is going to be taking place with me and anther fine member of this community!!!

Tarkus

Another project I've nearly forgotten about. :-[ 

Thank you all for the very kind words on everything, and the terrain mod in particular!  I really appreciate it.  Since the .dat file that makes the Wasco Terrain Mod function is very small (a mere 3.4KB), I've just attached it here so everyone who wants to mess around with it a little can have at it.  I may eventually make a "full" release of it, and include several versions of it as CP has done with his terrain mods (snowcapped, etc.), but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

There are two files you MUST have in order for the Wasco Terrain mod to function:

CPT No3 Terrain Textures

CPT No4 Terrain Textures

Enjoy!

-Alex (Tarkus)

superhands

Alfred.Jones

Thanks Tarkus. I was just looking for a new terrain mod :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion