• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I80 Streetlight Mods -Great American Streetlight Mod BETA2 ready for Download!

Started by Interstate80, December 23, 2007, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

LOT editor? The lightcone shouldn't even be visible on the LE! Maybe the is that the fifth value of the Resource Key Type 4 is ......21 and not ......20 (because there's one model and not twenty for the lightcone).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Interstate80

No I meant the actual streetlight model itself does not show in LE. I deleted the original exemplar I made for that model and made a new one and ever since then it shows up as a PEG color smudge since I have the no brown boxes mod. I made the new exemplars by copying one of the exemplars made for set 1 and changed the name and the values. I thought this could be the problem but I'm not really sure how to make one. I also changed the IID to CCA6000 is it possible that this ID is causing the problem?

MandelSoft

You know what: Attach all files that you use, except the lots and the SC4Desc files, so I can get a clear view from what's wrong. That's better then discussing it without any idea what's wrong with it. I'll report you then what errors there where in the files.

Interstate80

Ok here they are. Thank you so much for your help. I have no idea what I did wrong.

MandelSoft

Ahhh, I found the problem. It was a texure conflict. In the attachement you can see what's wrong

Interstate80

Thank you mrtnrln. I changed all the material IDs and I finally got it working.

Interstate80

I got set 2 lit up. Now I just need to do the T21 exemplars.

Interstate80

I figured out how to get T21 exemplars to work. Here are a couple screenshots of what I've done so far.

Travis

These look great! :thumbsup: I can't wait to get my hands on them. ::) :P

MandelSoft

Interstate80

I have great news. Set 2 is modded and ready for download. I fixed set 1 and changed undeveloped zoned areas to lamp 5 instead of the in-game medium wealth lamp.

Here is how the T21 exemplars are set up for set 2.

Lamp 1 will show up in low density $ and $$ residential. It also shows up in undeveloped areas zoned for low density residential.

Lamp 2 will show up on streets in industrial areas.

Lamp 3 will show up in low density $$ and $$$ residential.

Lamp 4 will show up on roads in industrial areas. It also shows up in medium density $ residential areas.

Lamp 5 will show up in low density commercial areas.

Here are some screenshots of the mod in action

By clicking on the road tool you can change the way the lights show up.

To get streetlights in rural areas you hold control while placing a zone and the zone will become invisible. You can get different lamps to show up when you use different types of zones.

MandelSoft

Interstate80

Thank you mrtnrln. I'm going to work on diagonals for 1 and 2 and get set 3 modded for the next update. I'll release beta versions of the mod as I get more streetlights in the game. This way everyone can get them into their cities. When I have all sets done I'll release it as the first official I80 Streetlight Mod Version 1. The first couple of mods will not be based on any particular city or region but as I get more mods released I will base them on actual streetlight setups in real US cities. New York,Philadelphia,Baltimore,and Washington DC are some of the cities I plan on making streetlight mods based on.

Interstate80

I'm currently working on getting all of the T21 exemplars done for set 1. I got diagonals for streets,roads,oneways and avenues. I discovered something interesting about avenues. Originally I thought that streetlights on avenues would not show up randomly like they do on roads. I made a couple new exemplars for commercial zones and this is what I got.

This setup looks much more realistic. Here are some more shots of what I have finished so far.

MandelSoft

Looks great, I80! It looks good what you've done with the avenues.

schooner2

Wow, this does look great.  I am very interested in this project and have been lurking here for awhile.  very realistic looking and this will be a significant benefit to the game.  Great work.  &apls
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

Interstate80

Thanks everyone I'm back with an update. I got rural poles and streetlights at intersections into the game. Lamp5 from set 1 has been changed to replace the in-game low wealth lamp instead of Lamp1.

Rural Poles for areas zoned for agriculture

Wood poles show up randomly in low density areas.

Streetlights show up at intersections now and stopsigns only show up at the ending street at the T intersection for streets.

Lamp5 from Set1 now replaces the ingame low wealth lamp.

MandelSoft

Looks very nice, I80. Especially the T21 work looks wonderfull.

Just got back from scoutingcamp

j-dub

Lots of people are going to like having rural poles T21-ed. :thumbsup:

metarvo

This is very good, I80.  The avenues look like that in my hometown.  I have seen avenues with barriers and double street lights (aka Maxis avenues) in major metropolitan areas, but never in small towns.  With your street lights, avenues actually resemble what I see every day.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.