• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigberta

Wow, these are some great looking pictures. Love the mosaics. I cant believe I didn't stumble upon this MD earlier. I've been missing out...
Kör hårt :)

emilin

Traffic generator for SMP sandstone mod

No update right now, but a small contribution to anyone who (like me) plops a little to much of their cities. ;D

This is a complete ripoff from badsims idea presented in this thread, but a little different.

It's a traffic generator to be used together with the SMP Sandstone sidewalks. Unlike badsims version this is dependent on meinhosen's American Traffic Generator (NOT the euro traffic generator!). The zip contains for lots four different road textures. Two are heavy traffic lots, and two are toned down.

Use them as you wish (I take no responsibilty for anything that might go wrong, but they work fine for me). OH, and they do have a slight park effect that I didn't bother to mod away.

I will also upload this over at STEX as soon as the search engine is back up again (I need to track down the links to the dependencies).

Sandstone traffic generator
Dependencies: American traffic generator
Optional (but it will be useless without it ;D): SMP sandstone sidewalk mod

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Great traffic generator, emilin! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Awesome work!!  This should be perfect for me.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Wow! This looks great, emilin! Fantastic work, my friend!

emilin

Personal replies:

urban: Thank you! I like the region shot myself. But with a map like that, and the new tree controllers it's easy to make it look good, so I really can't take credit for it.

Air6: Thanks, Air! And good luck with your refinery. It's looking very promising.

kwakelaar: Thanks! And yes, you can see those resorts growing just as we speak. It'll be a few more days before they are ready though.

thundercrack83: Thank you so much! And not a small portion of those comments are yours, by the way - so extra thanks to you!

Strechnitz: Thanks! I think the dimensions are fairly realistic, but probably a little on the smaller side. The runways are pretty accurate when it comes to lenght, but there should be more facilities and storage rooms around them.

Shadow Assassin: To fast there, SA, to fast.  ;D Those are actually dry dunes, not underwater sand. But yes, the bug is a constant issue. You can sort of "mellow" it out by excessive use of underwater flora, but that also creates a whole new set of problems.

Snaper: Thank you! I have no idea what the best translation for Coup de coeur would be, since my English is far from perfect, but I do know the french expression, so thank you so much!

kimcar: Thanks, kimcar! I'm glad you liked it.

Yoman: already got an answer, but thanks as always for commenting!

HabLeUrG: Thank you! I'm going to get the real LBT pack tonight and see how it looks in it's final version. Great job!

bigberta: Tack så mycket! And you are welcome back to Islas Gemas anytime. Since you aslo are Swedish I'm sure you are familiar with the very special status that the Canary Islands holds in Swedish culture. ;D

bat, rooker1 and thundercrack83: Thank you for those nice words on the generator. It's not perfect, but I made it for my personal use after looking at badsim's version, and when it was done I thought that there were more people out there that are using the same sidewalks that I am. I'm very glad it was appriciated.

Around the airport

First out, I have tried to reterraform the peninsula where the airport is situated. It still looks a bit unnatural, but this is probably the best I can do with it at this point. This is hard terrain to work with, folks. ;D

And I added in a small industrial area too. This is quite common on the real Islas Canarias, where industries are often built in areas away from the towns and villages (the distances to travel aren't that far anyway):

My two favourite industry BAT:s in the same picture.

Two keep the dirtroads intact I made a few small lots without basetexture to represent smaller settlements (there are obviously some NOB lots mixed into this, I of course take no credit for them):

Not far from the airport lies the midsized town of San Juan. Not the nicest place to stay, but it does have a certain gritty atmosphere to it:

If San Juan isn't to your taste, a better place to make a quick stop on your way south is probably Toledo:

Further up the mountainside lies the two smaller villages Duarte and Adeje:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Yoman

Some of these areas are very charming, not sure if I want to go near San Juan though :P

HabLeUrG

excellent work on those "Barrios"  :thumbsup: &apls

thundercrack83

Another fantastic update, my friend! The industries and the small neighborhoods look fantastic! As always, it's a pleasure to see your work!

Berethor

Great update emilin, both towns looks quite peaceful.  :P

Also the small industrial area is excellent.  :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

woW emilin that udate was just awsome and i loved the industrail area with the boats thats
was soo cool and i cant wait to come back for more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

Very nice job, emilin. I like the look of the little villages scattered throughout the area.

But the highway doesn't look right in some areas. Have you thought about just using an avenue for some sections, and maybe some precarious mountain roads, too?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Strechnitz

wow, very nicely done rural areas Emilin.

I like the way you put just a few buildings together to give that habited look.
even my intended villages tend to grow into small town once I have added everyting I want to put in them :D

Strechnitz.

bat

Very great update, Emilin! Fantastic pictures of that rural area! Also the pictures of the residential areas are looking wonderful! Great work! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Super update and nice info to along with it.  San Juan doesn't look like a nice place to visit.lol

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Air6

Great update. All of your updates didn't never disapoint me. I love your town of San Juan but I wouldn't like there live ;D
Your custom transparent lots add a great touch of realism. Bravo ;)

flame1396

Note to self: do NOT park in San Juan

cool update  :thumbsup:
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Owen Luby

What a great MD! I have never seen it before but I love it!!
I enjoyed all the region shots! It looks vrey mediterainan indeed!

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
I want SC4 back!!

kwakelaar

Maybe not charming, but certainly with it's own atmosphere. I like this industrial area with those low wealth dwellings scattered around in the contryside.
Also the smaller villages you have made are fitting very well with the style of this MD.

Pikatchoum

I totally agree with kwakelaar, you MD does have a special atmosphere. Very nice.

Keep it up.  :)