• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's showcase and uploads .

Started by Badsim, January 26, 2007, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Quote-"SA Cycleway V2 Expansion 1" by Shadow Assassin (Simtropolis) . I used SA's cycleway kit for 2 reasons ; the first one is that it has a tranparent base texture (and not no base texture ) , the second one is that these Lots are in the health menu which isn't overcrowded like the park and recreation . Read carefully the readme file by SA .

It's just a base texture with a 100% black alpha map. :P But there's a problem with using that texture. It is a texture-replacement mod, and there are two other corresponding DATs which use the same exemplar value, and they're normal grass textures. Just keep that in mind, because if the $ or $$ textures are used, it might cause the fire lots to look a little strange.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

rooker1

Incredible.......
Enough said.

Thanks
Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

kimcar

&apls Very well done my friend. Great imagination . :thumbsup:

Badsim

Thanks for the feedback ...  ;)

Quote from: jeronij on April 30, 2007, 03:22:28 PM(Btw, The only thing I miss are some running fauna  ;D )

I've got some pics with ... on a pic fauna may look running away but in game animals really don't care my fires . $%Grinno$%

Quote from: jeronij on May 01, 2007, 03:18:19 AMI was wondering.....which graphics card do you use to see so many effects in a smooth way .... :-\  ;)

A simple WinFast PX6200TC ... " so many effects" is due to the fact there're 2 different smoke props ; a permanent one(Effect_big_industrial_smoke_1) and a random one during daytime (EFFECT_HUGE_Smoke_Cloud) ; "in a smooth way" because on my MD I use the game Recorder and then I select pictures... ;)

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 01, 2007, 04:56:32 AMIt's just a base texture with a 100% black alpha map. :P But there's a problem with using that texture. It is a texture-replacement mod, and there are two other corresponding DATs which use the same exemplar value, and they're normal grass textures. Just keep that in mind, because if the $ or $$ textures are used, it might cause the fire lots to look a little strange.

Thanks for these informations and warning , SA . I have already hijacked your kit for many Lots ... :P ... and so far , have had no problems . Now that I know you're following this thread , let me thank and congratulate you for your work on this Kit !

The next set ... a bit more useful : my versions of "euro traffic generator" by mikeseith . Original Lots are single tiles to plop on roads/avenues/highways sides . I made them transit enable and so invisible .

3 new Lots ; one for avenues , one for roads , one for avenues with a pedestrian crossing.These Lots can be found in the Park and Recreation menu

First one , "Taffic Generator For Roads"

Second one , "Traffic Generator For Avenues"

Third one , "Traffic Generator With Pedestrian Crossing" is requesting a special procedure to have it correctly plopped .
Plop it once...

... the crossing is there but the original avenue center props too...

...so you need to destroy the Lot , before to plop it again .

Note : The base texture used match exactely  my own Streetsidewalk Mod ( By sap ) . It would be boring to create other versions for each Streetsidewalk mods existing , however I think this grey generic texture can fit with any of these mods .

Dependancies
-"Euro Traffic Generator" by mikeseith . Take care about the description on the STEX , you need to install "European auto new instance mod" too
-"PORKIE PROPS VOL1 EUROPEAN STREET ACCESSORIES" by Porkissimo , on the STEX
-"BSC BAT Props and Texture JENX Gare du Nord" , pack edited by BarbyW , on the LEX .

Optional : PEG's SubmarineBase to have the lighting on the pedestrian crossing .( You can keep this file only : PEG_CDKN_SubmarineBase_RESOURCE.dat )

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

mightygoose

well i would really like to use these but my sidewalk mod is a personal one at the minute...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

rooker1

Wow.......more great stuff.  Now I don't want to stay at work, I want to go home and play SC4.

Thanks

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Yoman

Oh another saint, you have no idea how useful these will be to me.

kimcar

:thumbsup: Thanks my friend for these usefull lots.  :thumbsup:

Pat

Badsim i just downloaded forestfire the other day and you said there should be a readme
with a dependcy list.  I couldnt find one hellllllp ty - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

Wow, looks good, Badsim!

However, I notice you're using an Avenue/OW texture for the road traffic generator lot. You'll have to change it to the default Maxis texture (it will be overriden by the Euro Road Mod, and allow Maxis-road-texture users to use it).

Also, I'm not sure about this, but there is a texture floating around in the LE that matches the default pavement (no wealth level) - that same texture actually can be overriden by any sidewalk mod (because these mods actually simply override the textures/change the exemplar files).

Otherwise, you can release them, and I can always edit them for my own use! :P
New Horizons Productions

Badsim

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 11, 2007, 01:50:03 AM

However, I notice you're using an Avenue/OW texture for the road traffic generator lot. You'll have to change it to the default Maxis texture (it will be overriden by the Euro Road Mod, and allow Maxis-road-texture users to use it).

Also, I'm not sure about this, but there is a texture floating around in the LE that matches the default pavement (no wealth level) - that same texture actually can be overriden by any sidewalk mod (because these mods actually simply override the textures/change the exemplar files).

Hi SA ,
They're just transit enable Lots , I use many transit enable Lots ( done by myself with SC4Tool ) and no base textures or/and overlays is overriden by any Mod on any Lot .... never . ::)
However , I understand the needing of a generic version for Maxis' roads , so I will release it . At this time I even don't remember what was an original  avenue ... :P

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 11, 2007, 01:50:03 AM

Otherwise, you can release them, and I can always edit them for my own use! :P

But they're released !....don't you see the link at the end the post ? So you can already edit them for your own use ... ;D though I'm really surprised by this request coming from you , seeing any pictures of your MD , you don't seem to need this trick to get traffic ... :P

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Zaphod

awesome!

im glad someone finally thought of this

by the way, does your street sidewalk mod do that to all wealth levels? because it looks awesome like that, personally ive always hated the high wealth sidewalks in my business districts
War Kittens !?

Badsim

Hi Zaphod ,

They have been Modded to have a medium wealth effect with LEProp ... I did that because I hate high wealth avenues . ;)

Edit ; Ooops , I didn't understand your request ... My sidewalk is the euro asphalt by sap (STEX) , I chosen it precisely because streetwalks are the sames whatever the wealth . ;)

jeronij

QuoteI chosen it precisely because streetwalks are the sames whatever the wealth
There are other mods which allow this, and even more flexible options....I also hate the high wealth sidewalks, including mine sometimes  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Vario80

Nice work Badsim!  :thumbsup: I think these traffic generators are quite useful for my cities.
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Shadow Assassin

To my shame, Badsim...

I didn't notice that download link. Oh well. :P
New Horizons Productions

villaV

Oh, i don't see you fire before that day, very funy :D, you know that my husband is a fireman :D
Can you make the same of Patfirefghtr, please.
Merci tu serais un amour, mais arretes de faire le pyromane :D ;)
Villavicencio_Colombia

villaV

Merci Badsim ;)
it's good, i downloaded ties, it remains me has see only if I have all dependences  ;D whith my distraction i would have a disaster maybe in addition of fire  $%Grinno$% :D ;)
Villavicencio_Colombia

bat

HabLeUrG

Badsim, as I commented in your MD those Lots will be extremely usefull for my new MD, many thanks to you!!  &apls &apls