• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Serkanner showcase

Started by Serkanner, September 24, 2007, 11:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoman

A very interesting and well constructed lot. Useful for my industrial areas. Any chance of it being released with CAL's remastered SG models instead however?

Serkanner

A few minutes ago I have "uploaded" a file to the exchange that is a bit different from what you usually expect from an upload.

After having seen how Badsim has made a "viewable"prop pack by plopping all the props from one pack on a lot I agreed how useful that is for a lot maker. Many times I know a certain prop exists, but have no idea where to find it. 

Some time ago I started making these lots as well. I took one prop pack and plopped most, if not all, props on a lot. I then took a screen shot of the lot in the game. I ended up with a nice bunch of pictures from a number of prop packs. I can use those as reference when I want to "easily" find a certain prop.

It occurred to me that if I find it useful, other lot makers might also find it useful. That is why I created a special Photobucket account to upload these pictures. Without using any of the bandwidth from Devotion you can get those pictures now as well.

An example:

At the moment I am writing this post I have uploaded 19 completed prop packs ... all BSC MEGA Packs. The coming weeks, perhaps even months, I will continue to upload more and more pictures of many more prop packs. I hope the result will be that all prop packs available to the community will have a picture in the album.

One remark. Some packs contain numerous variants of the same prop. I have chosen to not plop them all on a lot but to make a good representation of those props. I feel that every picture at the moment gives a good idea about the contents of every prop pack.

The upload to the LEX contains a read me file in an installer. If you run the installer the read me will be installed to a similar type folder as all other BSC read-me's. That way you will always have the link to the album in your simcity folder.

Anybody who would like to provide help and make additional pictures for the album send me a PM and we will get it organized.

Last ... the link of course:

BSC SeeThemOl Photobucket Album

And a link to the LEX read_me file: BSC SeeThemOl Read_Me File on the LEX
have fun!

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Badsim

Yeah , this is a brilliant idea  ! Thank you . I do that for my own use indeed , but I would like to know what is in all these  prop packs I didn't download so far ...  So , very useful .:thumbsup:

&apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

capo

You know I was always a bit annoyed when there was a testlot added with a megapack, it was just one more lot to remove from the plug-in folder. I never actually thought they could be useful. Shame on me!

With the many props I have in my folders now it's indeed hard to find the right thing. The pics you posted will become real handy I'm sure!

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

CabraBuitre

This is great... but I'm confused... where are the pic's of the 19 packs?  I've followed the photobucket link, but the only pic there is the pic of the detective...  I even read the read-me... is this just something on the way?

Check out Abelfarei!

Serkanner

Quote from: CabraBuitre on November 06, 2007, 05:54:56 PM
This is great... but I'm confused... where are the pic's of the 19 packs?  I've followed the photobucket link, but the only pic there is the pic of the detective...  I even read the read-me... is this just something on the way?

The main page contains the "SeethemOl" picture with Shirley Holmes welcoming you. When you have a closer look you find a header named "sub albums" There you find the current uploaded pictures. I have chosen a sub folder structure to be able to  "organize" the multiple uploaders into categories.

Have a look at the picture ... where the yellow oval shape is there you find the current sub_album. Soon there will be more sub_albums added.

kwakelaar

This is a very good idea, Serkanner.

vester

This is a good idea, maybe you can also do this for texture-packs later on `?

Serkanner

Quote from: vester on November 07, 2007, 11:50:40 AM
This is a good idea, maybe you can also do this for texture-packs later on `?

That is also part of the plan indeed  :)

Filasimo

hey Serkanner,

As mentioned in the PM i look forward in helping ya with this  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

sebes

What a briliant idea Serkanner. This comes in very handy, for sure!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

kimcar

&apls &apls This gonna be a must . Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

fantnet

This is very useful, great idea!!!

Badsim

Hi Serkanner ,

More I'm thinking about this project , more I love it . With the come out soon ( soon being an undetermined time .... :D ) of Wou's X-Tool , this could be a bottom line as well to promote LotEditing . So I'm ready to spend full time with you on this as long as necessary . Diggis' list could be done with a raisonnable time measurement  of a month .... and I've got another suggestion ; another difficulty is to find these props in the ocean of props listed under LE , as their names (by batches ) aren't always obvious .
An example with props from Tag-One props pack ; they can be found with names beginning by RNP_BSC_T1_propv1_**** , so I think that it would be great to give this information too , in a small window on pictures .

Let me know what you think about this . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

This is a fantastic idea and I wander why no one thought of this sooner.  It will be so helpful and I agree with Badsim, the names would be nice to be included.  I know this would help me.  ;)  If you think there is anything I could help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

&apls &apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Serkanner

Quote from: Badsim on November 08, 2007, 02:13:07 AM
Hi Serkanner ,

More I'm thinking about this project , more I love it . With the come out soon ( soon being an undetermined time .... :D ) of Wou's X-Tool , this could be a bottom line as well to promote LotEditing . So I'm ready to spend full time with you on this as long as necessary . Diggis' list could be done with a raisonnable time measurement  of a month .... and I've got another suggestion ; another difficulty is to find these props in the ocean of props listed under LE , as their names (by batches ) aren't always obvious .
An example with props from Tag-One props pack ; they can be found with names beginning by RNP_BSC_T1_propv1_**** , so I think that it would be great to give this information too , in a small window on pictures .

Let me know what you think about this . ;)

Help is appreciated of course. One thing though is that I have set no time limit for myself. I do a lot of behind the scene things for BSC and my spare time is limited ... like everybody elses.

The process I work with is plain and simple:

Get as many props on a 10x10 lot with neutral base texture. Sometimes I make the lot wider to 12 or 15 if its a very large pack.

• I do not place all props. Some props have a dozen colour variants, so we need only a few to make a good representation.

• I plop the lot in the game and make a screen shot, as large as possible.

• In an image editor I re-size the image to 1024x768 and keep the size below 1 MB

• Edit the name of the pack into the picture and upload to the photobucket

At the moment only I can upload the pictures to the album, but you can send the pictures to my e-mail address and I will upload them.

To make sure we don't do the same packs I suggest you place the name of the pack(s) you are working on in this topic. I will collect the names of all the finished ones and upload a list here on the forum and will ask a moderator to sticky it.

Adding a name tag to the picture is of course possible. I had been thinking of that as well. It is however not in all cases that simple. Not all pack makers have used one and the same "naming" system and you will find the props at different places in the menu. I will think about a way to "solve" this.

last comment for now. I am working on the BSC MEGA PAcks and want to finish these myself. Feel free to make pictures of the content of other packs and please post the names of the packs here in the topic. For those in need for my email ... send me a PM for it.

Badsim

Well , it's truly more complex than I've thought firstly. :D

Diggis' list is the base but we need a new list of what exactely to do ... many packs of this list are merged in megapacks , many others don't need any work on them 'cause they're too small and/or have already pictures about their contents .

RED = Problem .
GREEN = Done or to consider as done .
BLue= To do .

6 Texture Pack   - Picture already available .
8 Gmax Texture PAck  - Picture already available .
Acura NSX Automata And residential Single Family Props  - Picture already available .
Acura RSX Automata And Family Props - Picture already available .
Additional Subway Entrance Props - Picture already available .
Airco Props  - linked to BSC Prop Pack Cycledogg N°1  ()what()
Aldara6166 Prop Pack1 - Picture already available .
APTX Prop Packs Vol01/02/03 - need each original BAT from APTX to have these props available with LE .... at my point of view ; no need to work on these 3 packs.
AS Googie Propp Pack 1 - Picture already available .
AS UK World War2 Fortifications - Picture already available .
Asian Traffic Light - Picture already available .
Back to the future Delorean - Picture already available .
Barns Brick. - Picture already available .
BAT Indusrial Prop - the link doesn't work .
Beach Props - Picture already available .
BIGGER Stop Sign 4way - Picture already available .
Biwdc Texture Pack - Picture already available .
BIWDC Texture Pack Version2 - Picture already available .
BLaM Essentials Version 1 - Badsim ;done .
BLaM FC Flora Pack 1 - Picture already available .
BLaM FC Garden And Plaza Props 1 - Picture already available .
BLaM French Connections Mega Pack 1 - Badsim ; done .
BLaM French Connections Mega Pack 2 - Badsim ;done .
BLaM French Connections Texture Pack 1 - merged in BLaM French Connections Mega Pack 1 .
BLaM Glenni Prop Pack - Picture already available .
BLaM HIDP Prop Pack 1 - Picture alredy available .
BLaM Overpaths Props Volume 1 - Picture already available .
BLaM Signage Volume 1 - Picture already available .
BLaM Signage Volume 2 - Picture already available .
BLaM Signage Volume 3 - Picture already available .
BLS Farm Crops - merged in BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol01 - Serkanner -
BLS Farm Prop Pack Vol 01 - BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol 01 - Serkanner .
BLS Housing Support Files - No need .
BuddyBud UnderBridge Intersection Props - Picture already available .
BSC BannerProps 01 - merged in BSC MEGA Props CARCH Vol 01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props Agart Vol 01 - BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol 01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props and Textures JENX Gare du Nord . - Picture already available .
BSC BAT Props BLS Flora Vol 01 - BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol 01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props Born78 Vol 01/02/03/04 - merged in BSC MEGA Props W2W Vol 01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props CARCH Vol 01/02/03/04 - merged in BSC MAGA Props CARCH Vol 01 -Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props Couchpotato Vol 01 - merged in BSC MEGA Props MJB Vol 01 - Serkanner .
CSX Flora Vol 01 - merged in CSX MEGA Props - Vol03 - To do .
BSC BAT Props D66 RT Vol 01 - merged in BSC MEGA Props D66 Vol01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props D66 Vol 01/02 - merged in BSC MEGA Props D66 Vol01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Prop D66 Vol 02 BLSGA - merged in BSC MEGA Props D66 Vol01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props D66 Vol 03/04/05/06 - merged in BSC MEGA Props D66 Vol01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props D66 Vol 07/08/09 - merged in BSC MEGA Props D66 Vol02 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props DBSSYMN Vol 01 - merged in BSC MEGA Props DBSSYMN Vol01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props Don Miguel Vol 01 - BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol 01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props Gascooker Vol 01/02/03/04/05/06/07/08/09 - merged in BSC MEGA Props gascooker Vol01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props Ill Tonkso British rail - To do ; a picture is available but don't show everything ...
BSC BAT Props JBSimio - Picture already available .
BSC BAT Props JenP Vol 01 - linked to BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol01 ?  ()what()
BSC BAT Props JenP Vol 02 - no link .
BSC BAT Props JenP Vol 03 - Picture already available .
BSC BAT Props JenP Vol 04 - Picture already available .
Hmmm .... It seems that BSC BAT Props JEnP Vol 03/04 are aslo merged in BSC MEGA Props Jen_P Vol01 ....   ()what()
BSC BAT Props JENXParisRowVol01 - merged in BSC MEGA Props JENX Vol 01 - a picture is already available but a lot of props are missing - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props JENXParisCornerVol 01/02 - same note than above - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props Jestarr Vol 04/05/06/07 - merged in BSC Mega Props JES Vol01 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props Jestarr Vol 07/JES Vol 08/09 - merged in BSC Mega Props JES Vol02 - Serkanner .
BSC BAT Props JES Vol13 - To do .
BSC BAT Props JES Vol14 - To do .
BSC BAT Props KWK Vol03 - Picture already available .
BSC BAT Props Mattb325  - Picture alredy available .
BSC BAT Props MBEAR Vol03 - To do .

To be continued .... :-[

jestarr

Hi all.  My prop packs, #'s 13 and 14, are no longer an item. :D  They've been merged into my Mega Pack 05.  Cheers!

Serkanner

It has been a while, but I have been busy with other things then SC4 lately.

Regarding the prop packs I can comment that i will pick it up somewhere the coming week. Badsim: thank you very much for offering your help, its highly appreciated.

Also a big thank you to Filasimo ( Ryan ) who I might have scared away with a pm in which I was a bit too blunt positioning my opinion. My apologies Ryan ... I do appreciate your help if you are still willing. Just read my last post and Badsim's post to see what needs to be done. I will contact you by PM too somewhere the coming week.

One thing I would like to show though is the thing I have been working on when I did have some SC4 time available.

This is a teaser of a model by Lars and the lot by myself: