• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31 Central Bug Tracker Thread

Started by MandelSoft, March 02, 2013, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

That's no bug, that's just using the wrong dragging patters.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jcluvzgamez

http://i.imgur.com/lwBOHyK.jpg I found another bug. The textures on the diagonal rail viaduct over Symphony are swapped around. The pathing is fine, though. Just a mere cosmetic thing.
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

Swordmaster

Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 04, 2013, 05:58:35 PM
Here are the results from testing various setups of the one-level on-slope transition.

<snip>

Thanks, but please remember JPG is the standard here.

Cheers
Willy

elfranz

I have found a pathing problem on the Symphony T-stack interchange L2xL2. Traffic can not use the affected ramp.

[Delta ²k5]

Found some problems @ FLEXramps:

1. Seems like all included inner entrace/exit ramps are missing paths.

2. the paths on the A-Type exit 6C ramp are messed up, the entrace ramp is just fine.

--------------------------

Minor thing:

The FLEX ramps have some base texture (wealthification) issues.

--------------------------

Also there are some "not connected" paths on 6S, but if I remember right that's not a bug but a capacity thing. The same appears on RHW3.

Btw. is it intended that AVE6 turns to TLA6 for 5 titles when connecting to RHW6C? :D

samerton

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on March 05, 2013, 09:12:16 AM
Found some problems @ FLEXramps:

*snip*

1. Seems like all included inner entrace/exit ramps are missing paths.

I believe inner FlexFly ramps are not currently supported.

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: samerton on March 05, 2013, 10:25:09 AM
I believe inner FlexFly ramps are not currently supported.

But the same problem also appears on the dragable ones [Issue 95]. Also those overrides are included as you can see - for some of the RHW networks, not all ;)

arl85

Maybe already reported, but I found these 3 problems. problem 1 is because MHW is a bit higher than ground level and it's only an aesthetic problem.
road in 2 is an RHW2

also, missing texture (it's avenue 45 FLEXY)

memo

Quote from: arl85 on March 05, 2013, 10:38:13 AM
also, missing texture (it's avenue 45 FLEXY)

Actually, it is not missing. It will appear if you lay down zones or plop a building next to it. I could have made it appear automatically, but it's been a design decision. This way, it is possible to demolish the two inner tiles that are almost entirely empty, without breaking the curve. Only pedestrian paths and sidewalks will break, but that is hardly noticeable in a densely developed environment.

MandelSoft

Maybe already reported, but I found these 3 problems. problem 1 is because MHW is a bit higher than ground level and it's only an aesthetic problem.
road in 2 is an RHW2

#1: Design decision, this is because the PS roaddeck is 0.75m higher than ground level
#2: That curve has never been supported and it never will be.
#3: That's a valid RUL stability bug.

Kuewr665

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 05, 2013, 07:55:42 AM
Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 04, 2013, 05:58:35 PM
Here are the results from testing various setups of the one-level on-slope transition.

<snip>

Thanks, but please remember JPG is the standard here.

Cheers
Willy

Oh, I apologize. I have already uploaded these images, so these will be the last ones I will upload as png.

I can't seem to get the two-level on-slope transition working at any height or any network, as they revert to L2 RHW-2.

L0/L2 RHW-3 on-slope transition is a visual exception, though paths are missing.

L0/L1 RHW-6C/RHW-8C height transition creates a degenerate piece and missing paths, though the override works correctly.

L1/L2 RHW-2 height transition will not copy the override.

L1/L2 RHW-3 height transition creates a degenerate piece and half of an avenue underneath where the higher portion of the transition should be.

L1/L2 RHW-6S height transition has missing paths.

L1/L2 RHW-8S height transition reverts to a L0/L1 RHW-8S height transition. L1/L2 RHW-10S has the same problem by having the same network for the inner lanes, but the outer lanes work fine.

L1/L2 RHW-6C/RHW-8C height transition creates a degenerate piece for the outer lanes going up and the inner lanes, and reverts to a L0/L1 height transition with RHW-4 for RHE-6C and MIS for RHW-8C.

L2/L3 RHW-6S height transition has paths for L3/L4 RHW-6S height transition.

L3/L4 RHW-6S height transition has missing paths.

L0 RHW-8C FLEXRamp A1 Exit has paths of L0/L1 on-slope transition.

This FA MIS piece has broken paths.

[Delta ²k5]

Journey to the Center of the Earth...

Wiimeiser

Isn't that caused by the game modifying terrain using Absolute rather than Relative?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

arl85

Quote from: MandelSoft on March 05, 2013, 11:38:18 AM
road in 2 is an RHW2

#2: That curve has never been supported and it never will be.

sorry, I have not got the point: placing RHW2 in a certain way make it autoconverts into a smooth curve, but you're saying that this smooth curve is not supported. So why is autoconverting?

Tarkus

That's not part of a smooth curve package.  That's basically the RHW equivalent of what Maxis supported out of the box for the Road network.  We had, between RHW 4.0 and now, disabled that particular piece, but its flags were re-enabled in the RHW Primary INRUL (INRUL-13) in order to handle situations involving diagonal RHWs intersecting other diagonal RHWs with a 1-tile gap.  The side-effect is that you get that.

-Alex

gn_leugim

why not add a texture/path to it then? it can be usefull, who knows?

solovinodelmal

Quote from: gn_leugim on March 06, 2013, 12:53:10 AM
why not add a texture/path to it then? it can be usefull, who knows?

Because that would not be a smooth curve for a highway, highways don't have 90° angle turns in such a small space, you need a wider curve for that in a larger space, if you don't mind the speed you have normal roads for that kind of curves, not RHW.

westamastaflash

gn_leugim

true, but for my standards the RHW2 isn't realy an Highway. more a auxiliary strip or network. but that is my opinion.

MandelSoft

To me, RHW-2 and RHW-3 are not full blown motorways, just highways. They are high-speed bi-directional networks, but for being bi-directional and having no median protection, these cannot be classified as motorways...