• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Extra Cheats Plugin sometimes does not work

Started by Neofita, January 31, 2013, 11:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neofita

The plugin folder I have a file SimCity 4 Extra Cheats Plugin.
I use it only with two options
1)DrawPaths
2)You Dont Deserve It
Nothing more.
I have trouble with the file.Everything is working correctly but from time to time does not work.
Push ctr + x and want to activate the right mouse button and a window with the commands and nothing.
I use the keyboard and also does not work.
The only thing that helps is to get out of the game,remove the file from the plugins,and put it back to plugins.
It is to be, or something is wrong in my plugins.
Version of this file 1.0.3.0

vortext

Hm yes, I have noticed this as well, though I've found it usually works again after I quit and restart the game (no need to fiddle with the file). No clue as to why this happens, my best guess is it's just a quirck and learned to live with it.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

SC4BOY

I have had the same thing occur.. I never took it out and replaced it.. but when I would change regions it would sometimes not come up (or drop the window). The next time I played it did work.. no idea of what the in's and out's are.. but at least one  other person has seen it happen besides you ;)

.. hahah.. while I was posting, I see someone else ditto's :)

noahclem

It's also happened to me numerous times. I've never really figured out why but it always ends up working again when I reload the city--eventually at least.

memo

This happens all the time to me, too. It is particularly annoying when I am messing my cities by plopping lots of NAM developmental content, so I won't want to save the city. If everything works fine, I say to myself 'Hm, might check the paths, too. Dang, doesn't work, again.' ::)

sunv123

It's only happened once on my PC, or that's what I remember. But it goes away when you exit, so i just left it alone. My plugins are pretty messy, (even caused prop pox.) so I am clueless about the plugin part.

Good luck. :)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

metarvo

This happens to me all the time.  It's practically guaranteed to happen if I exit the city quad (not the game) and load another city, but it sometimes happens out of the blue without leaving the city.  I've even had it happen upon freshly entering the game.  It's never permanent, though; quitting and restarting the game has a good chance of fixing it.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

jp

It happens to me too, and I noticed when I exit the game the system language is changed from English to my second language (Arabic). Maybe that's why I can't type ()what(). Changing back to English and restarting the game usually solves this.

lotherius

Quote from: jp on January 31, 2013, 05:47:57 PM
It happens to me too, and I noticed when I exit the game the system language is changed from English to my second language (Arabic). Maybe that's why I can't type ()what(). Changing back to English and restarting the game usually solves this.

This happens because of the zoning hotkeys. ALT-SHIFT is used to change Windows system language, and it is also used while zoning in SimCity. For me, I end up in Japanese mode constantly... took me a while to figure out why it was happening.

jp

Quote from: lotherius on January 31, 2013, 07:22:46 PM
This happens because of the zoning hotkeys. ALT-SHIFT is used to change Windows system language, and it is also used while zoning in SimCity. For me, I end up in Japanese mode constantly... took me a while to figure out why it was happening.

Thanks for the tip! I always wondered what hot-key to change the language. Maybe that's why everyone is having this problem too.

memo

I just stumbled across the source of the DLL file (see below). Note that the ShouldEnable-method misses the return value. To be honest, my knowledge of C++ is very limited, but as far as I know, the return value is undefined in this case, so that it is quite random whether or not the DLL is loaded. ::)

Would it be possible to compile a fixed version?

Quote from: Buggi on August 01, 2008, 09:17:17 AM
This could be all or part of the source code to the Extra Cheats DLL file I let loose awhile ago. I'm trying to track down more source and knowledge to make more plugins to SC4. Stay tuned.

class cSC4ExtraCheatsPluginCOMDirector : public cRZCOMDllDirector{
public:
    GZGUID GetDirectorID() const{
      return kExtraCheatsPluginCOMDirectorDirectorID;
   }

bool ShouldEnable(){
      // As of October 2006, we have decided to enable this plugin for all uses.

/*
      bool bReturnValue(false);

//Do a time check.
      if(cRZDate() < cRZDate(12, 25, 2003))
         bReturnValue = true;

//Do a network address check.
      if(!bReturnValue){
         cRZINetSocketAddress socketAddress;

if(cRZINetSocketAddress::GetThisMachinesAddressStatic(socketAddress)){
            cRZString sAddress((RZChar)0, 32);

if(socketAddress.ConvertAddressToStringDottedDecimal(socketAddress.GetNetworkAddress(), &sAddress[0])){
               if(sAddress.find("10.24.") == 0) //All Maxis IP addresses start with this.
                  bReturnValue = true;
               if(sAddress.find("10.14.") == 0) //All Electronic Arts Redwood shores IP addresses start with this.
                  bReturnValue = true;
            }
         }
      }

return bReturnValue;
      */
   }

bool PreAppInit(){
      cIGZFramework* const pFramework = RZGetFrameWork();
      if(pFramework){
         cIGZApp* const pApp = pFramework->Application();
         if(pApp){
            cRZAutoRefCount<cISC4App> pISC4App;
            if(pApp->QueryInterface(kGZIID_cISC4App, pISC4App.AsPPVoidParam()))
               pISC4App->SetDebugFunctionalityEnabled(true);
         }
      }
      return true;
   }

bool OnStart(cIGZCOM* pCOM){
      if(ShouldEnable()){
         cIGZFramework* const pFramework = RZGetFrameWork();
         if(pFramework){
            if(pFramework->GetState() < cIGZFramework::kStatePreAppInit)
                 pFramework->AddHook(this);
              else
               PreAppInit();
         }
         return true;
      }
      return false;
    }
};

C.Scott

I'm having a bit of a problem lately with the Extra Cheats Plugin.dll at first I couldn't use the buildingplop function even after repeating multiple restarts of SC4D and uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
Finally the buildingplop function is working, but won't show all of lots in the plugins folder. All of my personal
lotting are missing from the list as well as others. If any one in the community can help on this I would be grateful.

C.Scott
CS

APSMS

Try using the LotPlop cheat, rather than building plop. One displays all the BATs, but the other displays all lots, which is often more than the number of buildings in your plugins folder, as buildings can be used more than once.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation