• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Shaping Invermere Valley - Update 42 1/11/08

Started by jimmymac, June 11, 2007, 08:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

First of all...

Congratulations on 200 replies!  &apls &apls

It is rather a commendable achievement, and an achievement that is fitting for an MD of this calibre.  ;D

I cannot believe that I have not, as of yet - unless my memory fails me - commented in this MD despite having followed many of the updates prior to this rather closely. I guess it is, sadly and tragically, as usually is the case with me, yet another example of saying to myself "I'll comment later" after having taken in much of the details and information of an update, only to have it slip my mind completely in the hours and days following it.  &mmm

Regardless, I have loved your usage and interpretation of the Invermere Valley map (by JPlumbley) since you first started show-casing it here, and now seeing CAM develop and bloom in your city / cities is quite an achievement and a sight to behold too.

Though, on a more egocentric note :P, I don't really like the futuristic IHT LOTs that came with the CAM, but you seem to have incorporated them rather well.  :)

This is indeed a world-class, best-seller MD and it deserves all the attention it gets and more!  :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work here and please do continue sharing your shaping of Invermere Valley!  ;D

:thumbsup:

Got it! Reply no. 200...

Just wanted to secure this... regular comment continues shortly
:P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dragonshardz

thanks jimmymac.

@freedoi know what it has to do with streets, he's honoring various Marvel Heroes by giving them streets and roads and such. i can safely assume that Tony Stark/Iron Man is his favorite hero.

jimmymac

rooker1 (Robin): I'm glad you liked the updates, thanks for the kind words too, I had a great time with her whilst I was there. I can't wait to get moved now to be honest.

Nardo69 (Bernhard): It's ok about not posting all the time, I know that real life can be tought. As I said above, I myself am current getting ready to move from the UK to the US. I kind of wish that the under rail texture was a little plainer to be honest, however I lack the lot editor knowledge to create one myself from the new BSC stuff that they released recently (which is what those planters are from). As for the avenue slope, it has been replaced by a much nicer looking tunnel since those pictures were taken.

Freedo50 (Fred): You are correct sir! You will also get honored within Stark. Dragonshardz is correct about my honoring different Marvel charactors throughout Stark by naming things after them, they have no direct relation to the item that they are named after, just an honor to them that is all.

M4346: Firstly welcome to Invermere Valley. Thank you very much for your kind words, I too have to admit that I keep putting things off when it comes to commenting, and then before I know it months and months can pass without me doing anything, so do not worry about that.

I'm glad that you like the industrial things, we will see more technology from Stark as we continue forward with the MD too as I full intend to keep Invermere Valley going for as long as possible.  :)

dragonshardz: You are only partially correct. My favourite Marvel charactor is actually DareDevil, however Ironman is my next fav along with Moon Knight and Hawkeye.

---------------------------------------------

Update 35 - Here There Be Monsters

Many huge residential towers have moved to this side of the river due to the el-rail connections.

Even though the towers build much closer here the parkland initiative is still in place, which many beautiful waterfront parks dotted throughout this part of the city.

Rent in this part of the city is rediculously high due to the fact that almost every apartment block is waterfront or waterfront facing with very few obsticles blocking the view due to the tiered levels in this area.

The parks in this area are a favourite walking spot for young couples if they wish to walk along the waterfront as most parks connect to the waterfront in some way.

Anyone who is anyone that can afford the cost lives in Manhattan Heights due to the fact that it is waterfront facing.

Many small office buildings and smaller chain hotels find this part of Stark much more affordable due to it being further out from the el-terminal and closer to the industry.

Still they are governed by the parkland initiative, and it is much more prominant and visible here due to the lack of towers.

The area as a whole including the D. Shardz memorial park near the bridge. He was honored with the park after beating Tony Stark Sr in a bet over baseball.

Finally the residential monsters arrive in Stark, these buildings are lower cost alternatives for people who wish to experience city life. However they are still much more expensive than some of the places we will see in later updates.

High rent district ahoy. A lot of rich people chose this area to live due to the good transit links etc, to answer that this monster was built.

Finally to close out today we have a shot of some happy Stark citizens enjoying the parkland iniative.

I hope you all enjoyed this update, have a good weekend and I will see you all this time next week for update 36

rooker1

Great update and awesome use of Bixels towers.  Some of those towers are huge lots and so good looking.  I have started to use some of them in my DT core.  Glad to hear you had a good time on your trip and good luck with the move.

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

jplumbley

Dude!!!

I wish I could grow towers like that.  I started playing on a Steamboat Valley, from the Invermere Valley Minimap Series.  It covers much of the area in which you have started playing in.  I havent played in so long!!  Im getting used to this ploppable water thing to use it in the river beds I terraformed for PEGs Stream and Pond Kits.  Im not the greatest at mimicing the vegetation or placement of rocks that some of you guys show.  Heh, I started the other day and in the first 2 hours I got a whooping 3,000 sims to move in, then I come here to see your towers and I feel, umm... a little, bad, because you just blow me away with your awesome sky rises and the layout of your city in general.

Just you wait, one day, I will rival you!!  hehe.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

dragonshardz

Hey, jimmymac, whose seawalls are those? And thanks for the honor, completely forgot about that  ;D Great update, I only hope my version of Invermere Valley can compare to yours!

EDIT: Oh, and congrats to 200 replies as well!

Pat

Stu congrats on over 200 replies here wow.... Also have to say wonderfull updates the last few ones have been... I could have sworn i commented before but hmmm i dunno lol.... Either way congrats my friend and great work going on here - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Congrats on more than 200 comments! And that is a wonderful update! Great work! :thumbsup:

serenity086

I think i would like an apartment in Manhattan Heights...thats if i had to money for it  :-[ .
By the way, nice traffic in the first picture, LoL. I know you have tons of people in Stark.

Come Visit Murdock Valley

beskhu3epnm

Been falling behind on this one. The towers... man...

I'd like to see the layout of your whole region.. if not now, once it's near completion (if it's possible to complete...). Awesome. You are a premier urban builder!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jimmymac

rooker1 (Robin): Those towers are truely huge when they are in game aren't they. I purposefully zoned for some of them as I wanted to see if i could get them appear, so suffice to say I was quite happy with the result.

jplumbley (Jason): I look forward to hearing and seeing where you go with Steamboat Valley, I'm up to 492000 people in Stark now, am planning something special for when I hit the half million mark. As for the towers, as they said in field of dreams, build them and they will come.  ;D

dragonshardz: Those are marrasts seawalls, or at least the BSC re-release of them that is available on the LEX. As for the dedication, you are welcome. I realised that i didn't take a close up shot of the park last week, so there is one in this update this week. I also look forward to seeing what you do with Invermere Valley, I wish you all the luck with it, it is a mammouth task that you are undertaking.

Patfirefghtr (Pat): Thank you for your kind words, I've been keeping an eye on your MD as much as I can too, you still continue to impress me sir.  :thumbsup:

bat: Thank you as always for your kind words.

Serenity086 (Amanda): Traffic is a huge issue for Stark now, I hadn't really picked up on the lines until you pointed them out, but yeah it's definately there. As for Manhatten heights, You certainly have expensive tastes, which doesn't bode well for us ......  :'( lol

beskhu3epnm: This region will most certainly be finished, I said to my fiancee the other night that I can see this taking me years as opposed to months to complete, which is just fine by me, as it keeps me busy when I have a bit of time free. I'm planning to take a region shot again in one or two updates time to show the progress so far, and trust me, it's quite a lot.

Update 36 - The War Machines Cometh

Stark has many small monuments to great people spread throughout the city. This spire was erected to commemorate the first ships landing in the Stark, the ships captain was a man by the name of Freedo and he laid a flag in this location to mark the first landfall, so many years ago the flag was replaced by this monument.

This side of Stark has a very mixed bag in terms of buildings styles, whilst the other shore is mostly towers, this area has both large towers and small stores mixed in together. As always intersperced between both parks and monuments.

A close up of the D. Shardz memorial park, the previous mayors most costly bet ever.

Stark's dual mass transit systems are still both present in this part of the city, the old el-rail system is slowly being phased out and replaced by the monorail however.

This area of the city is populated mostly by low and mid-rise buildings, however due to a lack of space some larger offce buildings are starting to crop up here and there.

Sadly they do not have much care for the aesthetics of the area and this high rise buildings stand out like a sore thumb.

Many office centres choose this area as the rent is a little cheaper due to the proximity to the industry.

That area as a whole (including a few revisions from last week)

Finally a teaser shot for next week, this is the home of the Stark hockey team; The Stark War Machines. This brand new stadium for the War Machines, paid for by Stane Inc, was the centre of some major controversy as Iron Tech Inc was also vying to build the stadium. This led quite a few Stark citizens to wonder if there is more to this stadium and location than meets the eye. The CEO of Stane Inc. Obadiah Stane, was quick to build new offices on the same site as the stadium, clearly he wants to keep an eye on it.... I wonder why....

Well, that it all for today. I hope you have enjoyed this update and I will return next week for another update, looking into the history between Stane Inc and Irontech Inc. Until then have a good weekend.

amapper

Very impressive collection of buildings and transportation here. I have yet to try the CAM (if that's what you've used). I can see I need to. Fantastic work!!  &apls

bat

Another wonderful update there! Great work!

Shadow Assassin

Very nice work... but I have one question: what's with the funky textures under the monorail and elrail?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

dragonshardz

What "previous mayor"? Is that me or someone else?

Pat

Stu awesome Update here and thank you, good to know at least your lurking in my neck of the woods lol...  &apls :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jimmymac

amapper: I'm glad that you liked the city so far, I am indeed using the CAM and have been since I started developing the first city in the region. It makes a huge difference to the game and adds a new aspect to it.

bat: Thank you as always for your kind words, I'm glad that you liked it.

Shadow Assassin: Those are under rail planters that were included in one of the last updates that BSC did for the parks, I included them in some areas to break the monotony of the gaps under the tracks as I am not talented enough with the lot editor to make my own under-rail lots.

dragonshardz: The previous mayor the region was Anthony Stark Snr. He lost a bet and as such had to honor the park accordingly.

Patfirefghtr (Pat): I try my best to lurk when I can, but RL is getting crazy now that i'm so close to my move over to the US

Firstly let me apologise, as I will not be able to bring the promised update this week due to a lack of time on my part to play the game. The update showing the past history between Irontech Inc. and Stane Inc. will come at a later date (probably next week), so onto the good bits, I still have an update for you this week.

Update 36 - The Drums Of War Are Sounding.

Firstly lets see an overall of the area, I present to you Breakneck Falls military base, located due north of Stark

Breakneck Falls is the largest military base in all of Invermere Valley, housing around 60% of the regions troops in one place.

The base troops share the largest barracks, and as they move through the ranks they recieve new quarters.

Of course the officers get the best quarters of all.

All training is done on site, from the basics right the way through to the advanced tactics training. As you can see from the above picture, the base has PT tracks running all throughout it to keep the troops fit and healthy.

Everything they could need is on base, including a supermarket. The communications centre is almost always busy with troops contacting their sweethearts and family.

The PT tracks envelope the parade ground and run both to and from the obsticle courses.

A base this big needs a lot of vehicles to keep it going, as well as a lot of stores to store all the equipment and food etc. Breakneck falls even has it's own power and water treatment facilities in case anything happens.

More PT tracks and plenty of places to clean all those vehicles.

Every war needs ammo, and Breakneck falls has plenty of that.

Finally we see the listening post at the top of the hill. It uses the latest Irontech dishes and utilises the IM X space station to monitor.

That brings us to a close again for today, hopefully I will be able to bring you the promised update next week, although at this stage I cannot promise anything. RL has got quite hectic for me at the moment as I am getting closer and closer to emigrating from the UK over to the US. Until next week have a good weekend.

Pat

Stu you are moving to this side of the pond??? wow thats kewl where abouts??  Awesome update here on that base wow, im impressed and even put to shame and thats a good thing as military might aint my cuppa tea.... see you soon and be safe - pat

serenity086

Very well planned out military base. Im amazed at how big the facility is, very nice.  :thumbsup:

Come Visit Murdock Valley

sebes

I love your military base! It's so very well planned, and so huge  :o 
Also the stadium in your previous update (for the Stark War Machines) is gorgeous. Good luck with your move accross the pond.  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN