• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebagleboy

Absolutely beautiful! Why haven't :( I been to this thread before?
Looking forward to seeing more posts in the future. ;D

kelis

Hello Guys:

I have not ready the update yep, but today I want to share with all of you one picture which is part of the next update. I'm working in the port of Kawasaki and its surroundings and of course, in its terminal station and small deposit of trains.

I hope you liked this picture, coming soon replies and the full update  :thumbsup:

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

APSMS

Very nice pair of updates. Looking forward to the next one, particularly with the port and waterfront.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

tankmank

Looking great so far, can't wait to see the finished thing  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Wow, it sure was nice to catch up on this thread! Beautiful work  &apls

I share Arthur's interest in those great buildings--hopefully they'll be released eventually. And you should really try RRW  :P

art128

Take your time for the update. We can wait until it's completely ready. :)

Nice teaser, except that German train ruining the Japanese atmosphere!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ecoba

Increíble, like always, kelis, stunning work. The detail that is in every aspect of each shot continues to set your work as something of its own.

Eagerly waiting for the whole of Kawasaki and even more.

kelis

HONG KONG ~ MAKING PROGRESS
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It's been a busy few days for me but today I could play a little bit and I was working on my Hong Kong recreation. The region is taking shape and Hong Kong island looks pretty good right now, for that reason today I want to share with you three pictures which speak for itself, I hope you like all of them.

Central Plaza.

Two International Financial center .

Central Wan chai.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

kbieniu7

Nice. What markings do you use for roads in this part of the world? (Do I see two pararelly?) ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

Lovely recreation of Honk Kong. You really are a master of recreation, Jonathan. :)

I like how you improved the waterfront from the previous versions.

Props & Texture Catalog

weixc812

The utility of airport pieces is just amazing. Such creative work!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

kelis

# Update [9]  ~ Okuma Town - Saitama Prefecture ||

Okuma is a little town located near the inland sea of Saitama, in the northeast part of the Prefecture. It is a farming village devoted to rice production ( Like many of the villages in Saitama Prefecture ), but this town is also famous because It is the closest inhabited city to the Saitama Daiichi nuclear power Plant, which is located some Km away and located in the coast •

# Right now we leave Okuma by train, but in future updates we will visit the nuclear plant...

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

kbieniu7 -
Hi my friend, well I use " Maxis North American style (Standar) for the normal roads, because I want to mimic the typical yellow stripe of Japanese roads, and for the other side I'm using the European style for the Widening Mod. Thanks for your comment.

art128 - Thanks my friend ! Yes, indeed I've worked alot on the waterfront, it is really important in a city like Hong Kong.

weixc812 - Thank you so much mate, glad you like it !!

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

vester

art128

Nice update Jonathan! Beautiful countryside with a nice variety of buildings. Those greenhouses are nice, where did you find them?

Concerning the power plant. Are you sure you want to call it Fukushima? Is it the name of the prefecture your city is located in? (Wasn't it Saitama, as in the title? If yes then I suggest you to rename it as power plants in JP are generally named after the prefecture they're in. )

Oh and you used the wrong station for the STR, you're actually using the DTR station from uki (pic7).. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

APSMS

I like the Circle K in the second pic. Where'd you find that one?

The rail line and the pathways around the factories are excellent. You've managed to nail the little details, and it's those that are so often overlooked (like the parking lot across the street of the railway station).

Arthur, I think perhaps that the powerplant is named correctly, but the prefecture is what's wrong. You're right that it should be Saitama Powerplant for the Saitama prefecture, but the town of Okuma is indeed located near the Fukushima powerplant, located in, as you suggested, the Fukushima prefecture.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

c.p.

The infrastructure (especially power) is amazing in these pictures  :thumbsup:

metarvo

It's always interesting to see how the area surrounding power lines is developed.  It looks like you're not afraid to make the most of the land.  The farmland interspersed with housing is a nice touch, too.  Nice update, Jonathan.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

feyss

I like your high degree of realism. Fields, irrigation, power lines... everything fits perfectly. And your nuclear plant is the icing on the cake.  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Hi Jonathan,

Another stunning set of images. You keep amazing me with your sense of detail.

And like art128 I'd like to know where you found the greenhouses. Especially the large ones. The small ones I have already, but the link to the site that I had saved does not work anymore.  &cry2

Gugu3