• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Callamesia

Started by chpbrownlee, October 18, 2011, 07:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chpbrownlee

The Commonwealth of Callamesia is a Sovereign State located on USNW's Role-Playing Planet called Adonia.

Coat of Arms:

Flag

Map

Factbook

The first update should be soon! Most likely showing off the map I will use.

chpbrownlee

Updated One
History - First Pictures

Pre-Althenian Discovery

Before 1501, the native Euphemians, who lived on the island we call Callamesia, were a very prosperous people. Their leaders ruled the people strictly and religiously. The people were called the Enta and they lived simple lives devoted to worshiping their many gods and goddesses and farming their land. The society was feudal, the people promising to be soldiers for the King if he gave them land. Not much is known about the early Callamesian natives. The society shrunk and shrunk after the discovery of Callamesia by the Posilliponians.

Althenian Discovery

Posilliponian Captain Léo-Joseph-Marie Berger was the first Althenian to discover and explore the island we call Callamesia in 1781. He landed at Point Blue near present day Saint-Gabrielle. They began their first settlement, made up of cloth tents and sticks. Later that year, Colonel Jean-Rodolphe Signoret met up with Captain Léo by accident off the coast of Callamesia when Colonel Jean was first discovering the island. Together, they combined their fleets and began to really explore the area.

During the Silver Rush of 1857, many people began to travel to Callamesia. Unfortunantly, many of them were disappointed because there was a lack of Silver. This, however, began the mass settlement of Callamesia.

Early Growth

Lumbering was the first industry on the island of Callamesia. It first began on Point Blue, near present day Sain-Gabrielle. The first Sawmill was founded in the town of Calibre in 1879, a settlement planned by a Shayden native, George Allen. In 1912, it expanded to become a medium sized municipality. In 1949, it was renamed Saint-Gabrielle, in honor of one of the Nuns who was a inhabitant and teach at the city's Cathedral.

Pictures
Right click --> View Image for full picture.

Picture One: Captain Léo-Joseph-Marie Berger exploring the island on his ship.

Picture Two: The first Althenian settlement in Callamesia.

Picture Three: The first industry on the island was lumbering.

Picture Four: The second industry on the island was farming.

Thanks for viewing! Please comment, rate, like, and follow!

chpbrownlee

Update Three

This isn't really an update, I just have a mosaic for you to look at.

Right Click --> View Image for full size

We're back in the 21st Century, 1976 to be exact. This is a small town just outside of Saint-Gabrielle.

Comment, Tell Your Friends!

rooker1

Interesting work here.
That second pic from the first post is really nice and great work on the mosaic.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

Mmmm, interesting terrain there... Curious as to where you'll go with this.

Kergelen

Nice scenes here!
I like the first settlement. Interesting how the region will evolve :)

Links to SC4 websites

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.