• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I Need of helps, I shall like replacing pylones electrique maxis by the other 3D

Started by yann, March 09, 2011, 01:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yann

Hello to all
I would like to know if it is possible to replace the models 3Ds electric pylons maxis by models 3Ds which I created

Below the 3D modeles intended has to replace pylones maxis  :                               

Thank you in advance for your answer

Lowkee33

Welcome to SC4 Devotion Yann :)

I wanted to get a good response together for you, but unfortunately, what I wanted to have happen does not seem possible.  Anyway, I got a good start.  The first thing to know is that you can't add power lines, only replace the Maxis ones.  That seems to be your intention, so that is good.   ;) 

You will need Ilive's Reader for this.

Open Reader.  On the left hand side there are 4 tabs: Loaded Dat, SimCity Dat, Lot Editor Dat, and Plugins.  Click on the SimCity Dat tab.

1) Click on the SimCity_1.Dat button (the red square on the left)
2) Click on the Navigator Button (the purple square on the top right)
3) Find the Power Poles in the Power "branch", right click on them, and select "synchronize".  Clicking "synchronize" will start to fill the box up with Exemplars.  I am about to click this for power pole 405.  Power Pole 505 and 605 don't seem to exist, they reference models that are not in SimCity_1.dat

There is also a Utilities Exemplar, but the things I wanted to happen didn't.  It's in this post anyway.

Find Utilities in the Simulator branch and synchronize, just as you did with the poles:

Close the navigator.  Select the 5 Exemplars, right click, and select "copy file(s)"

Click on "Loaded Dat" (the red square) and click on the "blank" dat.  Right Click, and paste your files in.  Save this file as something you will remember in your plugin folder.  You now have something you can modify/share, without worry to damaging the SimCity files.

All SimCity data have a Type, Group, and Instance (TGI).  You can see the TGI of the Exemplars that you pulled out of SimCity_1.dat.  Notice that the Instances are the same as what pole they are (0x05000105)?  That was nice of them.

Models also have TGIs.  If you click on one of the Power Pole Exemplars you will see Properties displayed on the right side of the screen.  The Property "Resource Key Type 1" is the TGI of the model.  By changing this value to to the TGI of your model, you will change the model in-game.  I went for ThreeStooges' power poles.

105 is the orthogonal intersection
205 is the orthogonal straight piece
305 is the diagonal intersection
405 is the diagonal straight piece

The models I chose for the picture was wrong.  After some guess work I realized that the TGI of the proper models was actually in the Prop Exemplars, so I copy/pasted them from there.

Two problems, the power lines and the foundation.  Now, I believe the foundations are in SimCity_1.dat as well.  All S3Ds have the same type so you don't need to worry about that.  My guess is that the foundations are  Group: 0xbadb57f1, with Instances 0x0ad80000, and 0x0ad90000.  Theoretically, you could make another model with the same ID to override it (including an invisible one), and that may suit you.

Changing the properties in the Utilities Exemplar I was not able to make the power lines fit this model.  I was able to make them become convex (and disobey gravity), but that doesn't help.  There is also a property in there that "stretches" the power lines for each zoom.  Maxis actually have them getting wider as you zoom out, and this can be fixed.

Let me know if you have any more questions, or questions regarding replacing the foundation.

yann

thanks you for your tutorial  :)

but i have a big problem, look at the picture :

what is this problem, and what is the cause of this problem ?

metarvo

I had this problem, too, but I was able to figure out what went wrong.  You probably replaced the TGI for each of the Maxis power poles incorrectly.  First, you'll need to make sure that the .SC4MODEL and .SC4DESC files for the props you intend to use are placed in your Plugins folder.  Then, you'll need to go into Reader.  If you haven't already done so, synchronize the exemplars as described in Lowkee's tutorial, copy them to a blank DAT, and save it as whatever you want your new DAT to be named.  If you've already done that, just open this DAT in the Reader.

Click Plugins on the left side of the Reader window, and scroll until you find the .SC4DESC file for the prop you want to use as a replacement. 

For example, if you're going to replace the orthogonal pole (pole 305), you'll want to select the .SC4DESC file for the orthogonal pole replacement model in your Plugins.  Click Resource Key Type 1 for your model, and copy the contents of the Values as Text field.  Of course, your model will probably be named something different; I'm just using this one as an example.  The yellow box is the name of my example model (again, different from yours), and the red boxes show the steps.

Now, scroll through the Plugins tab until you find the new DAT that you saved earlier.  Select the exemplar for PowerPole_305, click on Resource Key Type 1, clear out the Values as Text field, and paste what you copied into the field.  Click the Apply button next to that field, and then click the one on the bottom of the Resource Key Type 1 window.  Close that out, and save.  Repeat this process for each of the other poles you want to replace, substituting the corresponding model and Maxis pole each time.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

yann

I made a success  !
I'm happy :)

look at the pictures :

very big thanks for your help !