• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

buzzits power project

Started by Buzzit, August 10, 2010, 02:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzit

Quote from: MR.Y on November 20, 2010, 03:57:50 PM
hm...looks nice...

so for germany(I think it will come too), in leaving times next to small railways you everywhere found something like this. today most of them are cutted, so they dot't transfer energy, but the pylons are standing there. So maybe.....

today the normal medium-voltage pylons looks like this(without man^^)

nice shot! where did you get that second one from?
im pretty aware of the medium voltage lines in germany fortunately you can't find alot of pictures from those..
and they still dont have streetview in germany(wich i totally hate! i wanna see more of germany :P !)

anyways im almost done with the set! it will be released today(this time it wil  ()stsfd() ) and after that i'm off for a short period(a week or 2) because of school

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Buzzit

thx for the great shot maarten! is really usefull for the future!

i knew the eemshaven connection had a big one
but 12 circuits haha that would mean that it has 36 isolators :P
a pair of 3 isolators is called a circuit  :)

any ways  people
like i said before im off now for a short week or 2
for school!
cya then!
after it some more constructions!

MR.Y

the 2nd picture...in the internet, but you can find those pylons everywhere in germany, you can't go to germany without seeing such pylons.

and yes, I want to have more of germany in google streetview^^

and school...pfffffff who needs school XD, no, but I hope you'll find time sooner.

Buzzit

it seems google earth has finally added some parts in germany to view!
i already found lots of helpfull things..
unfortunately no rural areas(maybe that will added later on)

who needs school!? dude! do you know what your talking about :P !
anyways i finally have some more time! so back to work again!

Buzzit

okay!
time for an update!

first update is the improved german pylon:

most noticeable changes:
grey wires: yes grey wires look better than the black ones! thus in the future all black wired pylons will be updated with newer better looking grey ones(exept for the medium voltage ones.)
added an anti-thunder line(don't know the correct word for this one lol..): yes and this will be added later on the others aswell.

also a complete remodel of the first french one. why? because it doesn't look that much like its real life counterpart so i will remodel most of it(i already try some things) but this will begin at a far later stage. maybe when i released atleast 1 model per country.

also there will be more countries added to the list!
the planned countries include
China
Russia
Czech Republic
Hungary(a fine man sended me his link with all kinds of drawings! pretty cool designs!)
and poland
in the future maybe even more!

MR.Y

yeah man, so must it be....but it looks if the anti-thunder-line not is the same bow like the normal cables(hope you understand), why?

but looks really german^^(means realistic, means great)

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Buzzit

so i completed the first try-out for the new french pylon

on the picture you can see the new design on the left and the old one on the right

as you can see it matches the  Real life one much better
but im not done with it just yet it will be modified untill it looks almost the same as the picture and real-life
as already see some thing that still need to be changed.

suggestions and constructive criticism are more than welcome!!

further more i will not complete this set untill i released some more sets.

im currently busy with the substation tower of the german one but i don't have a picture of that one just yet

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Buzzit

thats not all
together released with the german ones i release something else..
and these are based on my fantasy and based on multiple samples i checked
its a delta type pylon wich you can see all over the world(exept for holland it does have a couple but not fully functional lines)

its not done yet! its still in the design fase so it will be possible to see visual changes.

Lowkee33

These pages are getting filled pretty fast.  Nice work.  You have been making good progress so I have kept my nose out, but I want to point out something.

At first, your first model did not have the "safety wires" (the single wire on the top of the pylon).  I see that the french pylon has two of these wires and that they are not in your model. 

:thumbsup:

metarvo

Hmmm...  ;)  The delta pylon definitely has a familiar look to it, except for the base and the green isolators.  Pylons like that one are sometimes used here in the U.S. as a "lower level" of double-circuit pylons like the ones I have made.  Keep up the good work, Buzzit!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Buzzit

a little update on the delta pylon:

the final design is complete only the struts of the tower will be changed but the top pylon will not be changed anymore

:thumbsup:

MR.Y

hrmpf, I think you don't like germany...everytime you stop the making of the german pylons...but these don't look bad...

Une_ame

QuoteI think you don't like germany...everytime you stop the making of the german pylons

C'mon Mr Y, Buzzit is a BATer and as a result, deserve nothing but a big Thank You for sharing with the community his work and his time.  :thumbsup:

If you don't like what's happen here, why don't you try yourself ?  ()what()
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

MR.Y

Ok, maybe it sounds wrong, it was meant as a joke... ;)

Buzzit

haha don't worry i understand the confusion :thumbsup:

i forgot to mention here that i will release 2 sets this time
the german one and the delta one

so my apologies about that!  :)