• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darraghf

Spectacular Work on everything guys. Especially daely, that just looks amazing. I've been waiting for this for a long time!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

just_a_guy

:o :o :o :o <<<< 4 pictures tell 4000 words! Yet another amazing achievement with FARR!

And as far as my prediction for 500k views: November 17, 2009; 7:21 PM AST
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

Pozzessed

Ooh 'eck! You got me bang to rights guv'nor  :-[
I admit to being a twice a day lurker, once at 5.45am with the first cuppa of the day and around 11.45pm with the cocoa. I say very little but am constantly amazed at all the hard work that you put into 'the game'. Thank You.

EDITRoz, thanks for that- you've made my day a little more special, too! -DE
Please call me Roz.
Visit my BAT thread .. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11464.0
The Beginning of Knowledge, Is the Discovery of Something We Do Not Understand ...

I Refuse To Have A Battle Of Wits With An Unarmed Person.

Tarkus

Emerging from lurk mode . . .

If I haven't told you before, the RealRoads stuff is looking absolutely fantastic, David.  I'm continually amazed by how quick you're able to crank textures out.

And Joris, now that is quite the development there!  I'm going to have to try out this Jing program, too--looks extraordinarily handy.

And as far as 500k goes, my guess is November 2nd, 2009 at 1:40pm.

-Alex

mayorfabz

I want to state that I have been lurking-sober for almost a day now and I hope I can extend that in the future. I have sinned in the past and I repent.
I guess I'm gonna toy a little with the puzzle-pieces now, for old times sake.

Cheers

Fabien

ecoba

No Lurking Day Has Added 3 Pages to 3RR! I Decide to declare, IMO, every day No Lurking Day!

Ethan

Gaston

Okay okay I won't lurk today.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

bob56

im not lurking today, although with school I have hardly any free time to visit, let alone play the game :(. Hopefully I will have more time soon, to see all the great things you've made!! :)
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

CCFC

I'm not lurking, but geez - amazing!

:3 Proud to be a 3RR Regular and SimCity 4 Fanatic :3

meinhosen

Draggable FAR?  Now that will make life easier.   :)

My guess for 500k views: 7 November, let's call it 12:30:00 CST.  I'll even raise a cold one for what remains of no-lurking Monday.  Anyone for a Sam Adams?  :)
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

dragonshardz

Me, lurk? Nah, not here!

Anyway, I'll specify a time for my guess if/when someone chooses the same day I do.

Also, feel free to call me Patrick.

Toichus Maximus

Well, here I am, not lurking. This new development looks phenomenal. Kudos to all involved! I hope the college gives me my computer back soon so I can start preparations (it wouldn't install the network, so it is not happy)

Keep on rocking, david!

Jmouse

Well, I don't lurk here, I work here! :) Still, I'll throw a bid in the pot for the 500K contest.

Put me down for November 15 at 8:49 p.m. AST.

Later...
Joan

allan_kuan1992

okay... i decided to come out of the depths of the forum...

I'm bad at guesses I think... I will need to think about it more.

The ReLiRDs (Real Life Roads) look nice... but hmm i like the look of new asphalt =O

dedgren

Wow!!

We've still got a little more than an hour before midnight and this amazing No Lurkers Day will come to a close.  I'll wait until after that (probably tomorrow morning after court) to comment and thank all the new friends who stepped out of the shadows, and all the old ones who it is great to hear from again.  In the meantime, here's the current state of the 500K Contest predictions.

...Alex, what's a 10 letter word for guess...

The next chart will have some stats info for those who are math-minded, or just want to be able to know pretty much exactly where things stand.

In between working and Heather's second trip to the ER in two days (abdominal stuff- we thought it was a kidney stone, but the doc appointment and x-ray/MRI she had in between the ER trips counted that out- she's sleeping now- no surprise as they've given her enough painkiller to put down a good-sized horse) I made it this far today.

Joris's (Daeley) little movie literally brought tears to my eyes.  Of everything else that's ever sprung from yours truly's fevered imagination, the original FAR stuff is still my baby.  When someone extends it, it's like watching that baby grow up and go out and do great things.  Thanks, Joris, for making this already special day even more so.

Later, folks.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

stewart_garden

I think this 'no lurking day' thing might technically be over here in Australia, but I'm posting anyway as I'm a big admirer of this project and what David and the 3RR regulars bring to the game.  As always, my best wishes and appreciation.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

ldvger

I posted a reply last night (Sunday), or I thought I did, in which I protested being held to a guess for the 500k view prior to the OFFICIAL start of the contest and before David posted stats that for the past 6 months or so that may have changed my guess.  Somehow I didn't get that post on to the board...not the first time I hit the wrong button late at night and lost a post, and I doubt it will be the last.  I also doubt that David will allow me to revise my original post, so instead of continueing to protest, I need to pick a time for Nov. 16, being as others have chosen the same day.  I choose 2:36 am, Seattle time.  David, I think you are 1 hour ahead of me, so that would make it 1:36 am your time.  Your dislike of math has not prevented you from eliminating those guesses that are posted in local time via the poster, so your gonna get stuck doing time translations regardless, it seems to me.  

And for the person who didn't know what a lurker was and thought it might be something bad, no, not really.  A lurker is someone who views the work/play of others and does not post comments.  It's like you are standing in the shadows watching but not actively participating.  That's not bad...because your viewing counts towards keeping the thread going and while those of us who are standing in the light and actively participating can sorta/kinda "see" you folks off in the shadows, we all know your interest is important, even if you choose to remain silent.  Lurking is not bad, in fact, lurkers make up for far many more views than posters do.  It's just that every now and then, someone like David is pushing to meet a goal and then it seems like a good time to call the lurkers into the light.  But...lurking is not bad.  

And David, you really missed your calling in choosing a career for yourself.  You should have gone into sales or marketing.  Although, now that I think a little more about it, maybe you did.   ;)

Lora/LD

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

u.mueller

This becomes even more awesome day by day! &hlp

frdrcklim

Is it still no lurkers day? :D

It's kinda my finals week so I'll just be short.

Once again, great stuff man.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.