• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

This thread moves way too fast for me...

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 15, 2009, 09:04:49 AM
A question for you all though: Is there a demand for a full set of alternating passing zone textures to fit the existing rural roads pieces...

Here's the texture to pique some interest...

There sure is a demand.  Boy, that looks nice.  :thumbsup:  I think a full set of these really belongs in the game.

dedgren

Sea-Tac.  On the plane with a wi-fi modem.  No time to upload anything, but promising stuff in the works.

Home soon.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sithlrd98

Looks like everyone had a nice "break" and got to have some fun! Texas is one of those places that I would like to check out at some point in my life as well as a few other places you've shown in the past. For now, looks like I'm gonna stay put, at least until the kids move away...but I still have a while before that happens  :)

Jayson

girlfromverona

Glad to hear your trip went well. Loved the photos, particularly that one of the Capitol Building in the evening shadows. And that one of Josh in the Helena YMCA t-shirt is simply adorable - he looks so happy!  :thumbsup:

Albus of Garaway

Sorry for not commenting lately...I just wanted to say that my jaw literally dropped when I saw those RealRoads, and I started drooling when you showed us the Euro version! As others have said, the Euro version had a strange green tint to it, but it may have been my screen.

SimNation

In reguard to SamV4..please do not remove the Asphault streets..I use them often in my highwealth commerical areas where I have any streets and by main civic locations and in highwealth mid-rise sidestreet areas. I if you remove a street from SamV3...feel free to remove the trolca dirt roads..I fine pegasus dirt roads for better since trolca's resemble something after a heavy rain.

On the note of the pictures showing that lovely new street...they look fantastic. I espically love how you did the sides of them and the original look of the street itself. Never seen any streets that look like that in real life.

KoV Liberty

&cry2 Trolcas dirt roads fit some textures on lots that I use.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

dedgren

Test of concept...

Make spaces longer, in any event.

20,000 page views this month... on the 18th!  Wow, folks...

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

meinhosen

David,
How is it when you say "concept" it typically pertains to things that most of the rest of us are thinking: "nah, it can't be done"?

I do agree, those spaces need to be a bit longer.  However, it still looks good.  :thumbsup:
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

sithlrd98

OK, 2 things jump out at me when I see that pic. First , yes the spaces need to be longer. Secondly, I don't see any trees or streams.Surely this must be a long lost picture since it has....buildings! ;D Looking great, must be one of the new SAM textures?

Jayson

just_a_guy

It looks really good. I definitly like the "concept". and I also agree that the parking spaces should be longer.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

joelyboy911

Looking good. I wonder if there should be some lines across the parking space like you can see here:

Although, this might be a Euro mod sort of thing to do.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dedgren

Anyone up for T-21ing some parking meters?

This is wide-open territory, folks.  Having pushed back the grid, now we're going to really bend the game's streetscape paradigm.

David

383970 - 20K for August right before midnight, AST (GMT-9)- Thank you!
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Bobbi

Good job, David! It's very realistic.

Bobbi :thumbsup:

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Ryan B.

Quote from: dedgren on August 18, 2009, 07:30:58 AM
Anyone up for T-21ing some parking meters?

This is wide-open territory, folks.  Having pushed back the grid, now we're going to really bend the game's streetscape paradigm.

David

383970 - 20K for August right before midnight, AST (GMT-9)- Thank you!

It looks like the vehicle paths will need to be adjusted a little closer to the centerline - if my car were parked in one of those spaces, it'd be sideswiped.

Battlecat

Very cool indeed!  That leads me to an interesting question.  Assuming that the texture there is intended to be one of the new SAM textures, is it possible to T21 cars into spaces that are actually on the street texture itself?  All the parking stalls I've seen in the past are off in the sidewalk area.

Either way, I'm looking forward to exploring the possibilities more! 

metarvo

So, 3RR goes urban.  That looks very much like the Main Streets that appear in small American towns everywhere.  Nice work, David!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

carkid1998

It doesn't look like a test, it looks final!

How about some cars in the spaces? Can't wait to see euros! Maybe a single solid centerline?
I must compliment your use of W2W, and if it's all grown, amazing!

Ryan :thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

dedgren

Pull in the paths... check!

Random cars parked in spaces... check!

Solid white centerline for non-arterial downtown streets... check!

All that W2W there as growables...

...crickets chirping...

Well, three out of four ain't bad.  Each of the first three things is in the spec I've been penciling out.  Each SAM set has unique IIDs, so variants can be easily created.

Oh, not that I would ever actually do something like this...

...yeah, right.  Those are 10 foot/three meter wide lanes- very common in urban areas where a busy arterial cuts across the city on a right-of-way originally conceived for a city street.  There'd be complications involving the RUL files with crosswalks and some other stuff, but this looks at least potentially workable.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November