• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob56

DINGDINGDING!!!! 250k CONGRATS 3RR!!! :D :D :D :D
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Pozzessed

Yayy!!!  &apls Read 250000 times   ..  congratulations! &hlp
Please call me Roz.
Visit my BAT thread .. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11464.0
The Beginning of Knowledge, Is the Discovery of Something We Do Not Understand ...

I Refuse To Have A Battle Of Wits With An Unarmed Person.

carkid1998

Sendona... Coming soon!

Ennedi

Number...

...And date

Congratulations David and the whole 3RR Lovers Team! :thumbsup:

Edit: 15 minutes later = 53 views more  :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

GNUCyberKat

Many congratulations to David and the other members of this awesome community (3RR).  This momentous milestone is simply amazing...yet I sense another 250k in no time flat...

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Korot

And that means that 250.000 page views were made at around 8.00 GMT-9, which makes FrankU the winner of this contest, congratulations Frank!

Although, didn't David specify that at your time and date, the amount of page views still needs to be lower than 250K? If that is true, then we have another winner, on of whom I forgot the name...

Edit: remember name, it was Battlecat.

EDITIt was "closest without going over," my friend.  So Frank (FrankU) wound up an hour and 14 minutes, 36 seconds off and is the winner.  Our Canadian friend Battlecat had the last guess in time before we hit 250K- but there'll be plenty of other contests like this one down the road. -DE

CCFC

To keep the party going I am going to present some files below for you all to enjoy, they are images but just save them to your computer. You may upload them elsewhere and link to them to show them off. Sorry if it is a bit basic but it's the best I could do.

---------------

3RR Smiley:

[img]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8446/3rrs.gif[/img]

3RR Avatars:

3RR Signature:

EDIT: Sorry they are basic but I only have Paint, but I was trying to show support for the 3RR, the second Avatar is from the map of my city for the 3RR that says "3RR! Dedicated to David".

EDITThanks for your great support, CCFC.  I used Paint for my projects for years, and I think Ryan (burgsabre87) still does.  It's not the program in any event- it's the artist and the thought that counts. -DE

:3 Proud to be a 3RR Regular and SimCity 4 Fanatic :3

Albus of Garaway

CCFC: What a great way to show support! :)

This is a very exciting time, and I'm glad to be a part of it! Yay for for 250,000!

dedgren

Well, Jonathan (Warrior) captured the moment!  We apparently had an avalanche of lurkers right at 8:00 a.m. AST (GMT -9), so I'll call that the official time.  Frank (FrankU), huge congratulations!  I'm not sure when the parade will start, but you should check by 3RR later today for some other ceremonies.

I'm working on the STR literally as this is written- no official hints about the surprise, but I rarely do stuff without good reason.

Back in a while, oh... and

250,000 page views!!!  WOO-HOO!

We made it, everyone, by virtue of your fantastic support of 3RR.  Thanks so much to you all; thanks to jeronij for running such a great site; thanks to the four great friends of 3RR Dustin (thundercrack83), Joan (Jmouse), Ryan (burgsabre87), and Matt (threestooges), without whom you would not have so many of the things that can easily be taken for granted here; and finally thanks to the 3RR Collaborators, old and new- 2009 is your year, folks.  Thank you, all.

On to a half 'mil!

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

simsamerica

congrats, and I could get through in a few hours probably, i read quick and I use the tecnique called skimming, and it doesnt meant I dont like it if i skim it.  1,000,000 &apls X 1,000,000 &apls , congrats 3RR, and heres to another 749,956
Rednecks aren't country Music Stars, they're Rocket Scientists.

CaptCity

Congrats to FrankU for being closest... Congrats to David on the success of 3RR... And congrats to all the "3RR Regulars" who have made it such an enjoyable ride... Thanks to all...

Onward and upward...

art128

Congrats for this enormous number David , congrats 3RR, long life to the 3RR !  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

CCFC

About the images I made that were posted in my last post, anyone is aloud to use it. While your at it you could even make it link to the 3RR to get more support for this wonderful section. I might have some other nifty things for the 3RR here soon anyway. I'm glad to be apart of such a good moment, since it is a good moment to be apart of. See you all around.

simsamerica

OK, Simsamerica's entering the prediction thing for 500,000 views, I say around May 2011, hopefully 3RR is still around, PLEASE, my 3RR rating  :thumbsup:

CCFC

For 500,000 views: December 25th, 2010 at about 12:25 PM EST. The 3RR might be around then, hopefully. Are we ready to be guessing that far though?

dedgren

Good morning from Alaska.

That's out the front door of the cabin at about 7:30 a.m.

We started the just ended Quarter-Million Page Views contest on the 19th of February just before 10:00 a.m. here [linkie].  At that time, we had 241,903 page views.  Doing the math, it took just under ten days- 238 hours- to get the 9,100 views needed to reach 250,000.  That's about 38.25 page views an hour; over 900 per day.  That's probably at the high end of of ongoing 3RR patronage, but I have no doubt we'll have a 25,000 page view month somewhere out of the next couple.

As far as guessing about when we'll hit a half-million page views, here are a few thoughts.  At the current rate, we'll almost certainly add 250,000 new page views during all of 2009.  We were at just about 205,000 page views on the first of this year.  So, that's about 455,000 on December 31st, 2009.  If you projected the same number of page views in January and February, 2010, as we've received this year, we'd hit 500,000 views just about a year from today.  There's lots of variables, but I'd pretty much be willing to bet that 3RR will hit the half 'mil mark in January or February of 2009 2010.

...thanks, Derry (TheTeaCat) for catching that!

Of course, we could continue to ramp up numbers like we have in the past six months and make it by the end of the current year.  We'll see.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

simsamerica

CFCC ( btw makes me think of KFC, yum) I am
Dedgren- alaska looks so beautiful, also, I was calculating since Dec 20, 2006, I havent watched since the beginning, but OK, Christmas @ noon, heres to a million more, im not a lurker, im new. I joined for the LEX, I stayed for the 3RR.

EDITI joined for the free toaster, but stayed around because all of you are so great!  Thanks, my friend. -DE

CCFC

I'll go with Christmas this year at 12:25 PM EST for the half million views contest. It will be more fun to see how that pays out. Maybe it will be better then this round?

simsamerica