• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 348!

Nice pictures of the rural road stuff there! :thumbsup:

Sheep49

David, am I in wide radius curve heaven? Because from what I've seen in that last update it seems so!
Seriously though, those curves are just unbelievably awesome! I can't wait to get and try them personally in SC4. Great work with those creeks too! The map is nice also... What's bad about 3RR? I was lately thinking about it, and I've gotta be honest: I had a real problem finding a bad thing about this big MD/project! So, I have a little gift for all your hard work you've done up to this point, and all the updates you'll make in the future. Guess what is it? It's...

Sheep49 Seal of Approval!

You get a big red stamp at the bottom of this post, and... that's pretty much it, since it's not in any way an official award. Still, I'd like to reward you for all your hard work. So, here you go!

Keep up the great work, David :thumbsup:
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

sithlrd98

Just doing my part to get closer to that magical number! David, the new stuff looks great...can't wait to try em out!

Btw,did you get my PM?

Jayson

dedgren

The collaboration quad I had in mind when I originally conceived the idea of the wide radius SAM Set 3 curves was Pink SW.

It's a on the western edge of the eastern 3RR part of the Northern Range...

...sheesh, you think I could've worked south in there somewhere...

...just south of the Canadian border.

...there you go!

Here's the 3RR Atlas [linkie] page, with the quad outlined in green.

And, here's the area we'll be looking at.  Features and places are identified as marked.

Our focus is on 3RR Forest Road (FR) 319,

which is a dirt surface unimproved road leading from the Rayden Mountain Regional Park entrance up over the saddle between Mount Rayden and Lone Peak then down to the Brazile Hot Springs.  The dirt surface, you might recall from last summer, was done with SAM texture set 4.

When I posted the pics last summer, the switchbacks on the grades up and down the saddle looked like this.

Here's one, closer in.

I remember thinking, "I wish there were wide curves- these knobby-looking corners make my head hurt."

That was before Alex (Tarkus) and Jonathan (Warrior) ever so graciously took the time to help me learn how to make NAM puzzle pieces.

Now, this FR 319 curve looks like this.

Like that?  I sure do, even though it's a pretty big hassle to go back in and, in effect, reconstruct the road.

Here's another.

before

after

With the north (left) side of the grade completed, here's that area pic again.

And another comparison.

before

after

This is what, back last summer, I saw in my head as I laid the road out.

It just took a while for it to make it onto the screen.

Oh, and so as not to slight another SAM set (asphalt, Set 7) that we now got wide radius curves for...

before

after

I'm still sorting out the whole road shoulder thing.

These will be in a NAM Update coming your way...

...imminently!

Yeah, I know, Alex has the copyright on that term, I think.  But imminent it is.

Piotr (Sheep49), the residents of 3RR thank you for bestowing the coveted Sheep49 Seal of Approval.  They're now asking if there are T-shirts...

3RR's march to a quarter-million page views continues apace...

...whatever "apace" means...

...as we are about to head under 3,500 to go.  We'll almost certainly break 20,000 again for the month tomorrow, as well.  Not bad when you figure February has only 28 days this year.  You folks are a part of 3RR at the current rate of more than one view every two minutes, and I humbly thank you from the bottom of my heart...

...make that my cold small lawyer's heart- but you get the picture.

Here's the current state of the contest, as of 1 p.m. AST and figured based on 3,500 views to go.

[tabular type=4]
[row]   [data colspan=3]
Contest Entries
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]    [data]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data] [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]
Nic
[/data]    [data]
Date and Time for 250K
[/data] [data]
Views per Hour Needed to Win
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   JoeST   [/data]    [data]   February 24, 03:00 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   CCFC   [/data]    [data]   February 25, 15:30 AST   [/data]   [data]   1400   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mayorfabz   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:34 AST   [/data]   [data]   149   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   turtle   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:46 AST   [/data][data]   149   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   metarvo   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 20:00 AST   [/data][data]   113   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Albus of Garaway   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 11:00 AST   [/data][data]   76   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   debutterfly   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 17:15:35 AST   [/data][data]   66.98564333   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   io_bg   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   59   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   LE0   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   59   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   owlsinger   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 08:00 AST   [/data][data]   52   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mrtnrln   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 09:00 AST   [/data][data]   51   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Battlecat   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   49   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   FrankU   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:14:36 AST   [/data][data]   39.98155349   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   pvarcoe   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:30 AST   [/data][data]   38   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   kimcar   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   38   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Korot   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   38   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   threestooges   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   37   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Sheep49   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   37   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   nerdly_dood   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 22:00 AST   [/data][data]   35   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Jmouse   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   33   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BigSlark   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   29   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   Darmok   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   29   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BarbarossS   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 14:23 AST   [/data][data]   29   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   TheTeaCat   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 15:00 AST   [/data] [data]   29   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   girlfromverona   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 16:00 AST   [/data][data]   28   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Homefryes   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   28   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   thundercrack83   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 21:38 AST   [/data][data]   29   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   art128   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   25   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bat   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   24   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   sithlrd98   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 15:00 AST   [/data][data]   24   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bakerton   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 24:00 AST   [/data][data]   22   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   dragonshardz   [/data]    [data]   March 4, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   21   [/data]    [/row]
[/tabular]

Our friend CCFC's probably a pretty long shot at this point.   &mmm  Should be interesting, though, for the folks on the 1st!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Rayden

If you guys are wondering who's the owner of those lands, it's me  :satisfied:

And they're not for sale  $%Grinno$%

They are my hideout, and when I retire from work, that's where I'm going to live. ;)

Nice to see my quad David, it's looking "beawesome" &apls

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

metarvo

The sight of more beautifully detailed maps really gives me a sense of 3RR nostalgia.  Of course, I am just as pleased with the wide curves for the SAM-3, SAM-4, and SAM-7 textures.

Oh, and did you mention a NAM update, David?  Bring it on!  ;D

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Battlecat

Breathtaking!  I've driven on many roads exactly like those ones.  The wide angle curves make all the difference in the world! 

girlfromverona

Quote from: thundercrack83 on February 24, 2009, 11:38:55 PM
Marisa has got a lucky task ahead of her, working in that quad!

Quote from: Albus of Garaway on February 25, 2009, 04:38:50 AM
Wow! Lucky, lucky Marisa!

I know!! I'm so excited to see my quad. I just hope I can do it justice.

Awesome work on those SAM curves, David! They look spectacular. I'm so glad there's someone out there who thinks like I do (i.e. hating sharp turns) but actually does something about it.  :D

meinhosen

Quote from: Rayden on February 25, 2009, 02:04:30 PM
They are my hideout, and when I retire from work, that's where I'm going to live. ;)

@ Rayden,
Do you have a Batcave up there somewhere?   :P

This is what, back last summer, I saw in my head as I laid the road out.

I can actually believe that David.  One thing I think everyone has come to trust is that you've got a good knack for creating things that suit your needs and improve the game for everyone... these street curves are proof positive of that fact.  Great work!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Heblem

David woah thanks for doing some smooth curves for the SAM! if you need my set of textures that I did for SAM-7, I can send you those.

Take care!  ;)

bakerton

Wowzers David. I enjoy those new looking roads. Waiting for those nice loking curves. Keep on changing the game as we know it. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

deathtopumpkins

Incredible, David.  &apls just gorgeous. And those wide radius curves really do make all the difference. I want that NAM update... ;D
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Pat

David I just dont know what to say but ummmmmmm WOW!!! I am drooling in either way...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Dark_Jedi06

Absolutely stunning, particularly the dirt roads. I'm in awe. ;D
...this space to be filled soon...

kimcar

&apls &apls Awesome work that you have done. You really edit the game do you know that ?  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Ahhhh, that's the 3RR that I know and love! And all that hard work you've been putting in has definitely paid off!

Those curves were worth all the trouble, weren't they, David?

Brilliant stuff, my friend.

Dustin

dedgren

Well, it's the run up to 3RR's third birthday, so it must be time for me to make my annual announcement about the start of collaboration.

...hey, whoa- come back, everyone.  I mean it this time...

In 2007, the game wasn't ready.  In 2008, I wasn't ready- someday we'll talk about that more.  This year, I think it's all in place.  We've got RHW 3.0, wide radius curves, single track rail and a whole slew of other necessary stuff.  I'm doing way better than this time last year- the BP is under control, I've lost almost 30 pounds and some major surgery that's planned has been pushed back to June at the earliest.

So, collaboration will start on March 12th- 3RR's birthday.  No countdown this year.  No arm waving or other attention getting stuff.  On the 12th, I will simply start sending out the collaboration quads along with a whole bunch of guidance to those who are still on board.  I plan to pretty much spend between now and then setting that up.

Speaking of who is still interested, here's the latest quad assignment map.

If you are still wanting to participate, check in at the team thread...

...you'll know where- you've probably done it a time or two before...

If not, let me know, as I'll want to assign your quad back out to another who has expressed an interest.  That said- if you are interested in being a 3RR collaborator, there's only one qualification.  That's patience with me.  If you think you have that, and are really serious about giving this a shot, you can post here in the main thread or PM me.  I'll keep a list, and if I think you really are serious about making the commitment of time and energy that it will take, well- you'll likely be hearing back from me shortly.

Again, if you are on the map but can't do this right now, let me know.  I assure you, you have my complete understanding.

I know it's been a long wait, but I can tell you that I'll do everything in my power to make collaboration worthwhile.

So, as far as the Quarter-Million Contest goes, here's the chart updated to 21:00 AST today, using 3,200 page views left as the calculation point.

[tabular type=4]
[row]   [data colspan=3]
Contest Entries
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]    [data]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data] [data]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]
Nic
[/data]    [data]
Date and Time for 250K
[/data] [data]
Views per Hour Needed to Win
[/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   JoeST   [/data]    [data]   February 24, 03:00 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   CCFC   [/data]    [data]   February 25, 15:30 AST   [/data]   [data]   N/A   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mayorfabz   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:34 AST   [/data]   [data]   206   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   turtle   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:46 AST   [/data][data]   206   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   metarvo   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 20:00 AST   [/data][data]   139   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Albus of Garaway   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 11:00 AST   [/data][data]   84   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   debutterfly   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 17:15:35 AST   [/data][data]   72.23476333   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   io_bg   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   63   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   LE0   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   63   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   owlsinger   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 08:00 AST   [/data][data]   54   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mrtnrln   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 09:00 AST   [/data][data]   53   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Battlecat   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   51   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   FrankU   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:14:36 AST   [/data][data]   38.00156349   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   pvarcoe   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:30 AST   [/data][data]   38   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   kimcar   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   38   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Korot   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   38   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   threestooges   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   37   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Sheep49   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   35   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   nerdly_dood   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 22:00 AST   [/data][data]   33   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Jmouse   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 00:01 AST   [/data][data]   32   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BigSlark   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   29   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   Darmok   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   29   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BarbarossS   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 14:23 AST   [/data][data]   28   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   TheTeaCat   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 15:00 AST   [/data] [data]   28   [/data]   [/row]
[row]   [data]   girlfromverona   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 16:00 AST   [/data][data]   28   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Homefryes   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 17:00 AST   [/data][data]   28   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   thundercrack83   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 21:38 AST   [/data][data]   27   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   art128   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 10:00 AST   [/data][data]   25   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bat   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   24   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   sithlrd98   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 15:00 AST   [/data][data]   24   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bakerton   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 24:00 AST   [/data][data]   22   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   dragonshardz   [/data]    [data]   March 4, 12:00 AST   [/data][data]   21   [/data]    [/row]
[/tabular]

Better luck next time, CCFC!   I think a trend, if you look back through these tables, is becoming apparent.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Hey David so you know I woke up the checkin thread  ;)  I am ready and willing to help out anyway shape or form sir!!!

EDITPat, you are logged in.  A quad will be assigned out to you shortly. -DE

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

oh.... thanks for making me realise that I was out by a factor of 60 with the times :D

and *drooooooooooooooooooolz* those quads are :o :o

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms