• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

Wowza! I'll take about half a million of these puzzle pieces, please!

Great work David, you deserve a big round of applause for this project!  &apls

Cheers,
Kevin

nerdly_dood

???                                  ...                             ...                         umm...         

[explanation]Trying to think of a response.[/explanation]

...                                        ...                           ahh...         ...                     

[thinking]Am I seeing properly?[/thinking]

...                                    ...                 hmm...                ...

...                        [thinking]I am seeing properly![/thinking]

:o
Not-quite-diagonal roads...Dude, this stuff ROCKS!!  And the not-quite-diagonal railroads under development... Jeez...
This stuff is gonna make me nuts pretty soon... ?=mad)=
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

krbe

Quote from: dedgren on May 16, 2008, 11:09:33 AM
Sometimes, words fail...
...hey, I gotta go to work...

And we? We can just take on our fun hats meanwhile:
:party:

stewart_garden

The rail curves look great David.  I'm looking forward to them - currently a number of rail passengers in my city spill their gin and tonic when their evening commute takes them around some of the 'default' curves.  You'll earn a plaque in the railway museum for this one!

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Nardo69 on May 16, 2008, 11:48:02 AM

Echoing Bernhards post. And I spilled my tea ::).

Thats ok when you treat us to such a treat  :thumbsup:

The power of the grid over the rail network has truly been broken now, gratulations my friend &apls

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Oooooh my speachless here David still!!!  This is sooo very sexxxxxie!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

girlfromverona

Ok, in between random crashes (I've just installed Vista...) I managed to get one pic to show my experiments with the FAR:

I've found that it helps to get the terrain ready by laying a regular road before laying the FAR pieces. It took me a little while to get the hang of using the FAR, but it was soooo worth it. ;D

pilotdaryl

YIKES...
David, let me beta test these.... and.... you get.... a free access pass to all my airport lots? :o

Masochist

Three Rivers Region

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamer of dreams..."

Nothing short of amazing    &apls
(Under Construction)

dedgren

Wheesh!

Not fun, but that's the last of the alphas.  I got the tie problem (at least for the S-curve) fixed, too.  Tomorrow I can create the textures and pass these along for the final step.

Off to bed.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bat

Nice pictures there of the FAR, girlfromverona! And also nice new ones of your work, David! :thumbsup:

And congrats on more than 80 000 views!!!

jacqulina

excellent progress amazing work &apls &apls

Nardo69

*Putting jaws back into place*

Looks great David, really amazing!  &apls

But there is one (more?!?) thing on my wish list - if you could fulfill it that would be *looking for the right word but cannot find it*:

Can you do these texture with a switch in a curve? I mean, such a smooth curve with a curved switch in a a way that there are two (SC4-) tracks on the orthogonal end and one (SC4-) track on the diagonal resp. FARR end?

This would be REALLY REALLY marvellous as I know a lot of small stations where one head lies in exactly such a smooth curve ...

Take care my friend - you already did a great thing! :)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Bernhard, you'll have to point me at whoever has the specs, and maybe even the textures, for the orthagonal one rail ortho pieces- I don't want to reinvent any wheels.  I'd be glad to make this the first piece in the extenmsion of the basic set, as I'm hoping to have everything off to the puzzle-piece makers over the weekend. -DE

superhands

Daves (BH) tute for making neighbour/city connections using the FAR.

first build a connection then bulldoze any excess road

secondly, hover the FAR puzzle peice over the connection.

actually this tute is just to show it works! :P
saving and exiting to region, the tile showed up flat- this returned to normal after repeating.
also when using the tab ring for scrolling through the ppzs, not able to use shift tab to go back. :'(

EDIT: Dave- this is a most excellent discovery! Good on 'ya, mate! -DE

Travis

I've been testing the FAR- there aren't many words to describe it... :P

Keep up the great work David! :thumbsup:

dedgren

Ahhhh!

Wide, smooth curve rail is closer than you think.

dave, did you lose some 9s, or is it my imagination?

Later, folks.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

David wow!! Words are soo failing me here and I just so dont know what to say anymore other then 80764

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

I love it, my friend, I love it!

The rails are looking magnificent! Can't wait to see more of your progress!

dedgren

Heh!  I feel like I'm comin' close to bumping myself again.

This one's for you, Fred (freedo50).

That's a 90 degree wide curve- radius 375 feet/120 meters.

Here's the game equivalent in the same footprint.

Just to give you a sense of how it will look.

The three fractional angle pieces are left to LOT and check out.  Maybe just another before bed.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Tarkus

David, those are looking fantastic as always!  That Alpha Mapping work looks absolutely brutal.  I've just got through processing a bunch of my own textures as well, and even without having to that sort of work, it can be tedious.  But the final results are most definitely worth it! 

-Alex (Tarkus)