• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmok

Thanks David,
very well explained and illustrated.
I'll try it that way, it should (I hope)
give better result than the ones I had so far...

Next tutorial should be on your diet....
I guess I should follow your example on this one too  ;)

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

bat

Some really beautiful pictures there! And like the eye candy update! Wonderful work, David!

Looking forward to more of your great work!! ;)

Pat

David that looks real good there!!!  I will have to do those steps for sure!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Its always great to pop in here to see what developments have occurred,
and once again you don't disappoint (snuck in another mini tut as well  :thumbsup: )
and have some glorious pics to boot  &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Gaston

I think the "
QuoteIt helps, btw, to prepare the area where the ramp will go as flat as possible.
" is where the problem is.    I'll try that and see.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Shadow Assassin

Hmm, very nice. :P

Unfortunately for me, I may have slight problems if I forget to remove my slope mod, lol. :P

And why not try out my Euro RHW textures, see how they look there, LOL.

I'm looking forward to the finished result, by the way.

EDITYou'd be surprised at how gentle most of those slopes are, my friend.  The slope mod should stay- makes you work with the landscape.  I've DL'd the Euro textures for the RHW and will do some pics with them in a bit. -DE
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

thundercrack83

Wonderful tutorial, David! I'm still trying to get the hang of the RHW / MIS, myself, and this will help out a lot, my friend!

Can't wait to see what you've got next!

Dustin

dedgren

'Couple "along the freeway" pics in Daniel's (Shadow Assassin) quad...

The F-28 right-of-way ("ROW") is 350 feet/80 meters wide, as specified by 3RRDOT.  Nothing can grow in the ROW except grass, and that is kept pretty well mowed.  Highway signage is allowed, but private signs (such as billboards) must be outside the fence.  I'm undecided about a 3RR billboard ordinance- any thoughts?

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jacqulina

wonderfull work my friend

camaro_69_327

Wow ...Fantastic work as usual.

Just putting my 2 cents in here........

I agree that only Road related signs belong Inside the Right of Way{ROW}   All other Signs belong Outside the ROW as far as the amount and type of signs...... many many signs belong along the ROW.

LOL This is Just MY opinion Really its NOT biased Just cause I build Signs for a living ????

freedo50

72357 eh David? What's that then?

Fred

EDITHeh, Fred- I thought it would take longer for folks to notice.  3RR has been have been running through jeronij's server hamsters at an alarming rate these days to keep up with traffic, so I thought as a bit of a test to see if that perception was correct I would start putting the then current page views at the bottom of each of my posts- sort of like a "between post counter."  Here's how it works.

There were 73257 page views at 11:25 AST (GMT-9) when I made my last post.  There's 73361 as this is written almost exactly five hours later.  73361 minus 73257 equals 104 divided by five hours is a bit less than 21 page views each hour.  That's pretty good- times 24, that's just over 500 page views a day.  We have averaged from day one here at SC4D just over 200, so there seems to be a lot of interest right now
. -DE

Pat

I think its now more like 7349 lol.... BTW Fred its the view if i'm not mistaken lol..... David wonderful new pics here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CaptCity

David (if I may call you that...)

I have followed your wonderfull work in 3RR off-and-on for a while now, and you've really peaked my interest with your recent endeavors into rural environments. I must admit a misty feeling as I watch you create the precise landscapes of my youth...  :'(

But, before I get too nostalgic, I thought I would offer my two cents regarding the billboard issue. While I am no big fan of billboards, it was not unusual to see them 'planted' in fields and open areas near rural highways or interstates (yes, they were required to be outside the ROW). In addition, more often than not, they would be displayed near the corners or sides of fields to minimize the loss of crop-growing area and make them easier to maneuver around. For example, in the first picture of your most recent set, the lower corner of the field on the 'north' side of the highway in front of the copse of trees would be the ideal place for a billboard (at least in my experience). I guess the contrast of the darker backdrop created by the trees made a brightly colored billboard more noticeable.

Anyway, I guess my opinion would be to allow billboards in 3RR. It may not be the most appealing, but it would add a touch of realism.

Thanks for all your efforts and looking forward to more...  :thumbsup:

dedgren

I think I've said before that I almost feel guilty continuing to show you these...

These are "in progress" shots as I reforest Daniel's (Shadow Assassin) quad Grass NW.  I'm reaching the end of updating the collaboration quads with the new NAM stuff and my fenceline lots.  I'm thinking really hard about where to go from here.

Later.

David

p.s.  CaptCity, please call me David.  Everybody else does, and I'd be disappointed if they didn't after all this time- we're all friends here. -DE

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

BigSlark

Wow David, I really like what you're doing with these quads. The Upper Midwest has come to life!

What interesting new thing are you going to come up with for us tomorrow? When you're left alone with the game for too long you get innovative! :P

Cheers,
Kevin

Tarkus

I must concur with Kevin here.  I'm sure I may have said this before, but it needs repeating--this is absolutely ground-breaking rural stuff here.  And that was also a very nice tutorial on the MIS there.  I can't wait to see what you do with the new stuff I have in the works . . .

-Alex

bat

These newest pictures are beautiful again! And like the picture number #6! Very realistic! ;)

Shadow Assassin

Very nice, this quad.

Of course, I'll be doing the building work on it. :P

I think there are diagonal asphalt textures in the SAM now, so maybe you can convert that little intersection into a normal street/road diagonal intersection... those stoplights look a little odd there out in the middle of nowhere, relatively speaking.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

Looking very very good David!!! I do agree with SA about them stop lights lol....

BTW welcome to page 174 and 73563

NB now its at 73708 ;)

Ryan B.

David, these pictures are making me wish I had inquired about building a quad in the first place.  :drool:

Keep up the great work!  I'm getting re-organized over here so that sign production can commence again.