• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

David, the latest photos go beyond awesome. You're setting such a high standard nobody's going to be able to keep up with you! :D

Later...

Joan

Pat

David that is sooooooooo stunning that pic!!! Great job and im still drooling............

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Yoman

dedgren

The trouble with the fencelines, aside from the fact that there are so many variations, is that seeing something immediately makes me think of five other things.

Here I'm fiddling with Luca's (meldolion) very rural quad Tower NE.

Didn't get as far as I wanted today.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

David that is still very stunning!!! I see the jagged fence by the bridge there  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

That crossroad pic is amazing and overall the rural areas just continue to improve. As you know finals are coming up, so available time will be going down. As a result, I may not be posting around here too much for a bit. I will be in and out though. If you need anything, send a PM my way and I'll get right back to you. Otherwise, I may be a bit quiet around here, at least until I finish up the outlines. Great work as always.
-Matt

Shadow Assassin

Oh, joy of joys.

I want them. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

FrankU

OMG, where is this going to end?
When is this finished at least that much that we can use this in our own work? ()what()

bat

Looks very very good there! Looking forward to more...

dedgren

I have a short trial this afternoon, so I just have a minute.

I took these not so much because there's anything special here, but it does let you see how some of the various fenceline lots work together.  Frank (FrankU) asked when I could release these- right now they are just a jumble of about 110 lots, and only about 20 are through the first pass with the Reader- that gets the hover text set up in the menu.  After that, they'll still need icons and to be placed in a sensible menu order.  There is also the issue of several additional things- seasonal trees along fenceline pieces, cattle guards, gates, farm tracks- that sort of stuff.  What remains is, basically, scut-work.  Any volunteers to help out?- Reader familiarity would be an essential.

I note that it just dawned on me how silly a primary road looks without any shoulders...

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Travis

Hey David, I'd be glad to help with getting them finalized. ;) Fences are looking great by the way. :thumbsup:

j-dub

@David, When you said it just dawned on you, does that mean you'll be using a RHW 2 instead? I like to use those in the country because of the passing line, except in areas that accumulate alot of traffic. I think it would fit nicely in this scene

emilin

Wow! That was more lots than I expected. ;D

Cool stuff - and we can wait for them. Would you mind telling us the ID:s of the textures used though? I kind of feel like experimenting a little myself, and I can't seem to localize them in my Lot Editor.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Ryan B.

Quote from: j-dub on April 14, 2008, 02:45:08 PM
@David, When you said it just dawned on you, does that mean you'll be using a RHW 2 instead? I like to use those in the country because of the passing line, except in areas that accumulate alot of traffic. I think it would fit nicely in this scene

Keep in mind - the RHW-2 isn't pathed for automata passing each other.  I kinda liken the RHW-2 to a 'Super-2' toll road.

Pat

David that is looking soo sweet!!!  :thumbsup:

dragonshardz

Hey David - not that it's really important, but a good mod for removing the neighbor connection arrows is...somewhere on the STEX...

...looks for the page...

...ah, here [link] it is.

~~Dragonshardz~~

EDIT'shardz, cool!  That's our friend ebina at work- watching folks address and eliminate little game irritations like this one by one is pretty nifty. -DE

j-dub

Burgrsabre87 Of course ,its not for automatta (the Sims) to pass each other, but it doesn't stop me from doing it! Thats why I like it the way it is, so in my opinion, lets keep it that way.

EDIT: And I'm with you on liking it, too, my friend.  My only issue with RHW right now is the absence of bridges, in this case we have one over a stream...

...but hey, a little "road narrows" two-lane asphalt looks pretty good to me.  I like the shoulders, too.  I guess, though...

...that we could come up with some better textures for this intersection.  The SAM Team have done such amazing things; maybe we could help them out here.

Thanks again
. -DE

bat

WELCOME            TO            PAGE                 169     !    !   !   !   !   !

Another wonderful couple of pictures there, David!!! :thumbsup:

superhands

i'd love to help out with the work load  :)
give us a pm
david