• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

David, this new farm stuff you're coming out with there is going to make me break my city-kinda-thinkin' and start building a region with agriculture in it.  Great work!

And, as always - continued wishes for good health. 

bat

Great RL pictures there, David! And looking forward to more work from you! ;)

superhands

breaking up the grid! those 'CP's sure look great up close and regionaly on the map!
the time, blood and sweat taken to make those textures, ive already tried to modify them in LE and found the problem of matching them up-time! thanks David.
by the way, im a 2ndyr-uni Agricutural scientist

dave

edit:the cp folder was uploaded to to filfactory... before the lex crash right? thinking ahead, smart man DE.

dedgren

Are you ready for some fencelines?

'cos they're just about ready for you.

You'll notice in the last pic the little green circle at the edge of the CPI circle.  That's a missing base texture- if you are handy with the Lot Editor you can fix it in about 30 seconds.  For the rest of us, I will upload a patch lot that you can DL and replace the original lot with.

April in South-central Alaska:

ALASKA ZONE WEATHER FORECASTS FOR ALASKA...UPDATED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ANCHORAGE AK
730 AM ADT WED APR 9 2008

UPDATED ZONES 101 AND 111

SPOT TEMPERATURES AND PROBABILITIES OF MEASURABLE PRECIPITATION
ARE FOR TODAY...TONIGHT...AND THURSDAY.

AKZ101-100000-
ANCHORAGE-
INCLUDING...ANCHORAGE...EAGLE RIVER...INDIAN...EKLUTNA
730 AM ADT WED APR 9 2008

...SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL TO 5 AM ADT THURSDAY...
.TODAY...SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION 4 TO 7 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE UPPER
20S TO LOWER 30S. SOUTH WIND 5 TO 15 MPH.
.TONIGHT...SNOW. ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION 2 TO 5 INCHES. LOWS IN
THE LOWER TO MID 20S. WEST WIND 10 TO 15 MPH IN THE EVENING BECOMING
LIGHT.
.THURSDAY...NUMEROUS SNOW SHOWERS IN THE MORNING...THEN SCATTERED
SNOW SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND 1
INCH. HIGHS IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S. LIGHT WINDS.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS. LOWS
IN THE LOWER TO MID 20S. LIGHT WINDS.
.FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE 30S. LIGHT WINDS.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 15 TO 25.
.SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 35 TO 45.
LOWS IN THE 20S.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 35 TO 45.
.SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW
AND RAIN. LOWS IN THE 20S. HIGHS 35 TO 45.

&&
               TEMPERATURE     /    PRECIPITATION   

ANCHORAGE    33     24     34  / 100    100     60

Welcome back to the Great White North!

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

The crop circles look awesome and I'm sorry to hear that you are getting more snow. 
I think way down here in Ontario, we are done for the year with the snow.  Or at least I hope so.  I like winter, but I think I'm done with it for another year.  Today is suppose to be very warm, @18 degree Celsius = 64.4 degree Fahrenheit, a little rain/thunder storm this morning, but that's good for all the pretty flowers.  ;)
Good to see up and around again.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

LoL David that is about what has happend here last night in Rhinelander we gotten about 3 - 4 inches and area's around total new snow storm amout of 6 - 8 including Eagle River WI lol....  Fences look great!!!! Cant wait to get em!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

emilin

Yes, yes, yes... we are more than ready for them. I have already started making farmlands over in my own journal, and thesa are just the missing pieces left. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Looking really great there! Looking forward to use these fences! ;)

thundercrack83

Outstanding! I'm definitely looking forward to the fences, David!

And sorry to hear about the snow in your neck of the woods. I guess winter's not quite over yet!

Dustin

dedgren

Now if I could just make those fershlugginer lamp posts go away.

Off to a settlement conference.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Swamper77

Leave an extra tile between your fences and the road :P

The alternative is to edit the game's network tile exemplars (T21's) for No Wealth (0) and remove the props from them.

-Swamper

EDITThank you, Jan, and I shall do that forthwith!  Actually, I'll add a bit- 3RR's primary road right-of-way ("ROW") in rural areas is 150 feet/48 meters- hence the placement of the fences where you see them. -DE
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Pat

&apls  David that is just wonderful there!!! I soo really cant wait to get ahold of those fence's!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jacqulina

dedgren

With apologies to Peter Noone...

I'm leaning on a lamppost... NOT!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

TheTeaCat

Superb.

Some marvelous improvements you have achieved in such a short time &apls &apls

I love popping in here to find something new. and as always you amaze once again.  :thumbsup:

Take a mo and SLOW down with the nice refreshing cuppa

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

pokestik

David...Thank you for the windmill DL and I too await the fences. Was going to comment on the picture of the lone tree in the field...that certainly looks to be an oak but I see someone has already correctly noted that. I too was wondering if oaks grow in Alaska?

Anyway, wishing you and your compadres the best and keep up the excellent work!

George

EDITHey, George, hi!  My understanding, which 15 minutes of research on the internet would appear to confirm, is that no variety of the genus Quercus (oak) [linkie] grows native to Alaska.  Beautiful oaks, of course, grow from southern Canada all across the eastern half of the United States- we had oaks in my yard where I grew up in the western suburbs of Chicago that had trunks over 16 feet/5 meters in girth. The most common 3RR oak would be the red oak (Quercus borealis) [linkie].  Here's a Field Guide to 3RR Trees [linkie], which includes the Northern Red Oak. -DE

n.b.Latin name capitalization convention corrected for on 4-10-08 per 3RR Regular*, Fact Checker and resident arborologist Shaun (Diggis).

*  A 3RR Regular, as you likely already know, is anyone who has posted at least once here on 3RR, or over at 3RR-ST.  Most all of you, of course, have posted many more times than this threshhold standard- thank you.
I may be dumb but I'm not stupid

threestooges

That's a good trick. Did you end up tweaking the T21s? The fencelines look great and the whole look just seems to be coming together, and getting better with each passing pic. Interesting weather forecast. If April showers bring May flowers, what does April snow bring? At any rate, pretty darn good looking, and I'll keep an eye out for new developments (and the start of collaboration of course). Hope all is well, and I'll look forward to seeing what you have in store next.
-Matt

EDITYep, Matt- tweaked the T21 exemplars for the no wealth straight road sections to remove 0x2A580000, which calls the lamppost prop. -DE

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Jmouse

Woo hoo, can't wait to see the fences, but don't overdo it. You've come back strong and everybody wants you to stay that way!

Until fences...
Joan

mightygoose

congrats on post 3300 joan, great work with the t21's david things are beginning to look real coshur.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....