• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlfromverona

There goes David, reinventing the game yet again!  :D

Stunning, simply stunning.

metasmurf

I'm amazed over the improvement. I knew it would look better, but not that good!  &apls

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

io_bg

&apls That's awesome! I've always hated that curve!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Ryan B.

A road retexture now?  Do your worst, David . . . whatever you do will eventually be included in the Lone Star Mod too!   ;)

dedgren

Working on a brief this weekend, but...

before

after

These take just a few minutes apiece to do once I build up a library of unique curves and angles.  Hmmmm...

I've also completed these.

Now there's 45 degree, 90 degree (4x4) and 90 degree (2x2) wide radius curves for SAM Sets 3 and 7, along with ortho and diagonal "filler" pieces for those times when the SAM override insists on reverting.  I'm thinking I'll do SAM Set 4 (the gravel road surface) pieces as well.  And then I'm done...

...yeah, right...

Anyway, back to the law.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

io_bg

Great work again! &apls But... can you make a euro version for the road textures some day? &hlp

girlfromverona

Those curves look fantastic, David!!

I would be very grateful if you did the gravel road SAM set, as I use that one a lot.  ;D

metarvo

He's unstoppable!  Run for cover!  Call 911 Help!!!

$%Grinno$%

Ever since that day that you learned how to texture transit networks, David, there has been no end in sight.  Of course, that's the way I like it.  :)  Believe it or not, we must think alike about the SAM streets, since the SAM-4 gravel streets are my third most commonly used set.  I use them mainly for low-wealth urban residential areas, but I also use them at times in rural areas.  The SAM filler pieces are also a big plus, since they may bring us one step closer to having different SAM sets intersect in a reasonable manner.  Of course, I know that you're never "done" in 3RR.  "Done" and "3RR" don't even sound like they would mix in the same sentence.  ;)  Great job, David!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dedgren

Sheepishly looking at the floor...

...well, it's either this or make (US) $210 an hour working on that brief...

I think the choice is obvious.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

nerdly_dood

Umm... yeah... I'd be happiest in the short term if you work on the rural roads... but the more money you make, the more you'll have available so you can pay for food, your 'lectric bill and your internet bill to keep yourself, your computer and 3RR running... so I recommend working on the brief you mentioned. ;)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Ryan B.

David's fighting the law . . . . . did the law win?

Gwail

David's fighting the law . . . . . did the law win?

Only Chuck Norris could win against David. But it isn't 100% sure.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

thundercrack83

If the SC4D community paid by the hour for your services, you would be making 50 times that, my friend--worth every penny, and even more!

The SAM curves look just extraordinary, David. You just keep amazing me, every time I stop in here!

Take care!

Dustin

dedgren

Huh!  Wuzzat???

Add SAM Set 4 to that list I made earlier.

G'night.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Simpson

Hi David
This is, as well, a fantastic work there. The sam curves are just incredible  &apls &apls
I'm looking forward to the next update my friend

Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

frdrcklim

300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

io_bg

As metarvo said, you're unstoppable... I can't wait to use these curves!

FrankU

dedgren

Let's smash some grid...

These, as are all the other puzzle pieces I've made, are completely integrated into the game, and in this case, into the SAM.

These pics, which are from Marisa's (girlfromverona) collaboration quad, show why this had to be done before we could proceed.

before

after

We've got about 500 more page views to go before we stop taking entries in our 250K contest.  Last call for guesses, then.

[tabular type=4]
[row]   [data colspan=2]
Contest Entries
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]
Nic
[/data]    [data]
Date and Time for 250K
[/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   CCFC   [/data]    [data]   February 25, 15:30 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mayorfabz   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:34 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   turtle   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 12:46 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   metarvo   [/data]    [data]   February 26, 20:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Albus of Garaway   [/data]    [data]   February 27, 11:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   io_bg   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   LE0   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 00:01 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   owlsinger   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 08:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   mrtnrln   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 09:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Battlecat   [/data]    [data]   February 28, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   FrankU   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:14:36 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   pvarcoe   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 9:30 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   kimcar   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Korot   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 10:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   threestooges   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Sheep49   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 17:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   nerdly_dood   [/data]    [data]   March 1, 22:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   Jmouse   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 00:01 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BigSlark   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   BarbarossS   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 14:23 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   TheTeaCat   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 15:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   girlfromverona   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 16:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   thundercrack83   [/data]    [data]   March 2, 21:38 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   sithlrd98   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 15:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   bakerton   [/data]    [data]   March 3, 24:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[row]   [data]   dragonshardz   [/data]    [data]   March 4, 12:00 AST   [/data]    [/row]
[/tabular]

Oh, and 6899...

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...