• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 297!

Nice new pictures of your stuff there in the last time! Sorry for missing some... ;)

mjj55409

Hey now, it looks like Rogue Ales is also open. There's the breakfast.

Cheers,
Michael

un1

Looks much better than the one here in Thunder Bay.  :P (Nothing but a waiting room past the gate entrances, you have to pay for internet, no entertainment) Can't wait to see what you will bring for us soon.  :thumbsup:

-un1

thundercrack83

Portland, Oregon, eh?

...Go Trailblazers!

That's a city on my short-list to be visited very soon! From the looks of the airport, I think I'll like it!

Safe travels, David! We'll be here when you land!

Dustin

BigSlark

The STR update is fantastic, David. I hope all is well in Helena and that you and your family have a great Christmas.

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

Kind of agonizingly slow progress on the last few.

I love SC4, but this is truly some of the most mind-numbing work I've ever done,

It's that old end result, though, that just keeps me going.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sithlrd98

Quote from: dedgren on December 17, 2008, 07:46:45 PM
Later.

David

And yet another reason I love coming here! Looking real good...now get back in the lab!  :D

Jayson

buckbeach

My amazement is that you are able to work on all of this from your laptop in an airport terminal or where ever.

thundercrack83

Progress is progress, David, however slow!

I can't even begin to know what kind of work you're doing, but I have to agree with you on the end result, my friend! It's splendid!

Rest awhile and un-numb your brain!

Dustin

threestooges

There's a light at the end of the tunnel (and the fact that it's a train isn't necessarily a bad thing either), and you're right, the end result is something to keep you going. Looking forward to what's in store next.
-Matt

FrankU

metarvo

Quote from: dedgren on December 17, 2008, 07:46:45 PM

Now, that wonderful attitude is one of the very things that have kept 3RR going so strong over the years.  IRL, when a new building is to be constructed, the workers don't plan to stop construction with the building halfway done, with the metal frame showing and no roof.  Sadly, this happens if the money runs out, but the "finished product" for these builders is the completed structure.  It's the same way with SC4, and even more so with 3RR.  The pictures that you have presented us with prove that there is truth to this.  I realize that Christmas is coming, and some of us might not be on our computers with all of the holiday festivities that go on at this time of year, but it is entirely possible that 3RR will hit 200,000 views before 2008 is over.  That alone is a testament to the way that the attitude I described above truly works.  Good going, David!  :thumbsup:

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

pvarcoe

Hehe, Quote of the week  :D

"There's a light at the end of the tunnel and the fact that it's a train isn't necessarily a bad thing either"

Beautiful shots David.
The single track across the gully with the culvert underneath is excellent.
Have a great Christmas!

Phil

dedgren

Working on the last two pieces now.

Tonight's the night!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

un1

Looking great David! I think a BETA testing season is coming soon.  :)

-un1

Pat

David looking real great here and far as what had to be done well I think you know where I stand on that one!!! I wish you wouldnt had to do it but alas the choice was made none the less and I know I am late on saying something about  it but... Anyways Keep looking forward!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

projectadam

"Dashing through Three Rivers
In a passenger train car
Over the hills we go
Path editing all the way (ha ha ha)"

Things are looking good with the progress of the technology outside of the actual region. Thanks for all you do and the time and resources you invest into SC4 for the benefit of the game. I know I certainly appreciate it. Happy Holidays David!!!
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

calibanX

I love the tracks David. It's these kinds of additions to the game that make me go back to my old regions and re-work them. I'm keeping tabs on your progress. And on a laptop in an airport even. Brilliant!

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

bwatterud

Toichus Maximus

"Played guitar in a shaky voice, that was as real as the day is long!"

Wow, I'm so psyched! And right on schedule--I believe you said the 20th was going to be a big day for 3rr!