• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

ooh gezzs alex you are on the move tonight with lots of goodies!!! WOW!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

girlfromverona

JoeST

WOW, thats just brilliant, thanks peoples

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

FrankU

Fantastic work guys!
Like probably everyone who played the game for some time I also have been thinking about 30 and 22,5 degrees roads, but actually starting to make them is another story.
David thank you for that!

bat

Wonderful new work there, David! And congrats on 75540+ views!!! :thumbsup:

Haljackey

Wow, this stuff is great!

I found a very interesting video about curved roads and highways in Cities XL, check it out!

http://www.citiesxl.com/index.php?/content/view/26/1/lang,en/

Rayden

Quote from: dedgren on May 04, 2008, 05:43:54 PM...We're a bunch of honors posts behind- the plan is one every other day or so this week to catch back up- but we might take Silvio a little out of turn, as we're working on his quad: Pink SW.

PIIIINNNK, Daaaavid!!!! Hey, it's me, Silvio, remember, not Barbie.  :o

After that I will definately have to change my brand new blue Megane

for this one

Hehe, just teasing you... $%Grinno$%

I really like my quad, and I can see I will not have much trouble to work it out.

Not much roads and mostly nature to deal with it :thumbsup:

Thx David and see you later.

Silvio

JoeST

hey Silvio... nice to see you post :) been missing you... thought I better point out that was your 666'th post tho :p

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

camaro_69_327

As always Fantastic work coming out of this thread. Seams this is the place i come first....LOL. Such ground breaking things, you run into a problem then Just Fix it!!!

I love it, You guys.....{ALL that make things that Should have been in the Game to Start with} Are truly a wonder!!!! I just Wish I could play more as it just gets frustrating to Work on an area then Scroll back to take in what I have created just to be looking at my desktop !!! Knowing i should have saved First !!!!!

Just a thought do you guys do all this modding cause of crashes too? Not complaining just makin observations. Heck i can Play some REAL system intensive games without any crashes for hours at a time......IE: A fully modded Oblivion doing 20 -30 frames, Call of Duty 4, Unreal tournemet  3, But i still like this game as its peaceful and lets me relax and create. Heck with a duel core and 5 gigs of ram go figure???

Anyway Congrats on the thread that is growing like a virus, out of control with no way to stop it.....LOL

@ time of writing.....75650  Views and 3529 Posts             &apls

Doctor Soul

Absolutely love this thread! The 3RR is a beautiful place! Only just found out about it. It'll take me some time to catch up though  :P  :thumbsup:

EDITWow, another great first time post here at 3RR.  Doc, folks like you bring tears to my eyes.  Welcome!  Thank you! -DE

Tarkus

Development report on the FAR (Fractional Angle Roads). :)

All three puzzle pieces are now more or less RULed and can be placed through the new menu button. :)  The ones which transition to normal, orthogonal roads now have stubs coming out of them to enable direct connection.

The 22.5 and 67.5 degree curves still need to be pathed, and all three need their EffDirs defined, so it's possible to actually see the piece before you place it.  (You'd be amazed how much that helps. :D)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

OMG someone call 911 I think I'm having a heart attack thumpppp...... WOW!!! Alex that is just stunning!!! I cant wait to get ahold of those!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Tarkus

"People should not be afraid of their grids.  Grids should be afraid of their people."

Just a couple little things to fix up on these.  As you can probably guess by those pics, they are, more or less, functional.

-Alex (Tarkus)

thundercrack83

Brilliance, Alex. Pure, unadulterated brilliance.

Jmouse

Beautiful work!

Later...
Joan

threestooges

Alex,
Absolutely amazing. I'm not sure where you get the time for things like this, but wherever it is, keep going there the results are great. Also, David, great work on starting this revolutionary little idea. Just one of those things you never really think of/expect until you see it.
-Matt

FrankU

..........                    ... ehhh .........
                      .....               ........ ahhh               .......

....               ...........

(trying to inhale in order to say something appropriate)         .....

.......       ..........  pfhhhh  ..............

..........                                ..........   ..

..................... brrrrrrwhhhshhhhh.................... (giving up)

EDITHeh, Frank- been there, done that. -DE

emilin

Brilliant! Looks like 3RR has forced the game to make another big leap forward. Again.

&apls &apls &apls &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Rayden

Nice work Alex, looks like, little by little, the game is being stripped off of its secrets. All thanks to people like you. &apls

Darmok

Fantastic work Alex and David!  &apls
I can only concur with all the praise you received so far for those innovative pieces!  :thumbsup:

To Silvio (Rayden)
I cannot picture you in that small pink car, for one good reason....
your snowboard will never fit in there! hehehe

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth