• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackmofro

You know, somehow, David, you always manage to outdo yourself. Yowza!!!  :o

Bishop Hawke

Man I love the under road culvert you have there. It looks real and gives the road a much more realeffect. Nice Job David.

EDITHey, BH!  I really like it, too.  I need to talk with the master (our friend jeronij) about maybe giving us a darker stone color alternative, but it's hard to improve otherwise.  I'd love to see some ambitious BATter give us a "plain vanilla" culvert- big, round (about 80 percent exposed above grade) and made from concrete

or that galvanized culvert metal

-DE

TheTeaCat

he goes and does it again.
You looking for more tea David??

It seem to me you are.
Especially after that great update :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

dedgren

Been working on a brief due to the Alaska Supreme Court on Monday, the 21st, so I've been away a bit. 

Now that we have that self-important moment out of the way...

...and, trust me, there's lots of flashy lawyers out there who look down on those of us who do appellate work as drones who don't get out enough...

...heres a couple of shots of some country corners, once again from Luca's (meldolion) quad- Tower NE.

The final package of basic fenceline lots will weigh in at about 150.  I can't wait to see what gets done with them.

Off to bed!

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

150 fence line lots :o :o

Om my word you have been busy &apls
Wonderful pics again as always :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

threestooges

Best of luck to you on the brief. We've finished up ours for school and had the corresponding oral arguments (which went decently enough, and the guy that beat me went on to the finals so what little ego I have left isn't too bruised). Oddly enough with all the brilliant work you've done for these pics, I still can't get law out of my head... pic 3 reminds me, for whatever reason of the setting of a tort case we read... must be the result of finals being just around the corner... but enough of that. Have you looked into those menu management lots for the fences? 150 is a fine selection, but wow that'll take some scrolling. Glad you took the time for them though, they look great, and I'll have some fine things for them in or out of my soon to be developed quad. Take it easy.
-Matt

bat

That are beautiful new pictures of the fences! Great work!

Looking forward to more of them...

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jacqulina

beautifull pics david the fences look amazing,i cant wait to try them out &apls &apls

Pat

WoW!!! 150 lots or fence line combo's?   Either how you are doing it David this is just stunning work!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

You just keep pushing the envelope and impressing me with every step, my friend! I can't wait to play with those fencelines!

Dustin

dedgren

Just to show you what slows me down-

These are two "testbed" pics of a dry swale made from the currently available fenceline pieces.

It's not bad, but a follow-on set of the lots will introduce some ability to work with irregular situations like this.

Thanks for the nice comments.  I finally got these things ordered in the menu, and that's a large part of the battle.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

* scratches head and wonders to self*  What is wrong here David from what I see this is looking great, Im just baffled what could be wrong here???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jacqulina

i think they look fantastic david &apls &apls

emilin

I agree. There is nothing wrong with those lots at all. Diagonals of various kinds have always been a bit of work to get them to look nice in this game - and covering up the edges with flora is a prefectly good way of solving the problems.

Now, that doesn't mean that there aren't other ways of doing it. With custom textures you could - for instance - produce a number of "irregular" 5x5 (or 10x10) lots that use flowing transitions. I personally think that is a better solution than creating a multitude of 1x1 filler lots, that are going to further clutter the menues adn will be awefully hard to place correctly anyway.

That being said - I do think that the current lots are more than enough for what most people need at this point. It looks GREAT, David! :thumbsup:

PS. This week is out of the question for me doing playing any games at all, but I could probably help out in producing some custom "farmfield islands" lots a little further down the road, if you want me too. You are going to have to help me with correct texture ids and icons though... ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Great new picture there again! :thumbsup:

meldolion

I really like those fence lines :)

great work david!!

dedgren

Hmmmm, looks like 3,399 to me...

I'm finishing up that brief, so will see you all later today.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

JoeST

WOW, this work your doing is fantastic, thank you David

thought i better add that I am very jealous of anyone that can play the game, they are just so lucky to have such a great creator

EDIT: OMG! that was my 1k post as well as being 3400 what a wild coincidence...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

pvarcoe

Beaten to it by a whisker,

The work on rural is fantastic David.
Looking forward to more.