• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silur

Hi, David ...
You must will be OK - All community with You and Your Family !!!

emilin

Take it easy David! And see to it that you do get well, no matter how long it takes.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

wouanagaine

Great to see you again David

Please relax, or you'll failed you stress test

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

pvarcoe

Great to see the new post David.

As always the post was superb, great work, exactly the kind of stuff I like doing.
I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers

Phil

Ryan B.

David, it's great to see you back here.  I hope you're feeling better - and don't let this collaboration thing stress you out.  We're not stressed, after all. 

The pictures above look amazing . . . . . looks like real - life to me!   :thumbsup:

dedgren

Heh!  I can't post any new pics from where I'm at right at the moment, but I can re-use old ones.

Our friend Paul's (paroch) quad is Dutchman-SE.

That's from the 3RR Atlas [linkie], btw, if any of you folks reading this are new here.

I missed a pic of the Wheaton townsite area when I took the ones in the last post.  It just looks like an empty (except for main roads and the spur rail line) kinda sorta rectangle where Paul will develop the town.  There's some good questions raised about procedure and rules, too.  I'll try to use some of my enforced idleness tomorrow to summarize and recapitulate.  Basically, though, as quad Administrator/Planner, you are just short of holding deity status as far as the detail-oriented stuff.

I'm really sorry again that RL shot down what I'd really hoped would be a big day on the 12th.  It's hard for me to even conceive of that I didn't get to post on 3RR's second anniversary- that's almost an emotional thing for me at this point.  We are now in our third year of doing this.  There's never been more interest, and the best, by a long shot, is yet to come.

Tomorrow...

David 
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Alfred.Jones

Great to see you Back David :thumbsup:

Like your personal text says...
Quoterust never sleeps... neither do I

Just remember to take it easy ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

Pat

David I know how you feel!!! I was no where near a computer myself on the 12th as I had to leave unexpectedly for a family emergency,  I say this from my heart sir that you are truly a master here and have done something so great for the community and we support you 100%  

I'm honored to even be apart of the collaboration process here and I hope I live up to the expectations when we get underway... David you have nothing to be sorry about at all!!! Let me stress that one err OK maybe a bad choice of words but David you owe us no appoligies what so ever!!!! We support you no matter what and a project this big takes time!!!!!  

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Patrick your Rhinelanderian friend in the North

PS dang you Aj lol..... But I do agree about that text and your thoughts on it!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

glad to see a start of a return but please do not rush. amazing pictures btw....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

Nice to hear something from you!

And the nature in paroch' quad is looking beautiful! Also nice road layout! The newest map there is also wonderful!

Looking forward to more...

Kokopelli

Welcome back David. I'm glad to see you are on the mend. Take it easy and do what the docs say.

Bob

paroch

Great stuff there David,

Appreciate you've had plenty of more important things on your plate, so know you've probably not been keeping up with MDs.  Or maybe you have, because DUTCHMAN is very appropriate for me, as I'm currently doing an "inspired by Amsterdam" city in my MD.

Thought it was a great co-incidence.

And the map looks good.  Just gotta start working out what to do!

All the best

Paul

BigSlark

Glad to see you're still with us, David. Take your time recovering, cardiac ailments flat out hurt according what I understand.

I really like Paul's quad, I can't wait to see what you've come up with for the rest of us!

Cheers,
Kevin

Haljackey

Nice map!  Its simple, yet detailed.
I look forward to see more!

Oh, and great to see you back, dedgren!  You were dearly missed!

Best,
-Haljackey

projectadam

Quote from: dedgren on March 17, 2008, 10:08:12 PM

I'm really sorry again that RL shot down what I'd really hoped would be a big day on the 12th.  It's hard for me to even conceive of that I didn't get to post on 3RR's second anniversary- that's almost an emotional thing for me at this point.  We are now in our third year of doing this.  There's never been more interest, and the best, by a long shot, is yet to come.

Tomorrow...

David 

David,

You might not have posted on the second anniversary but your wife did. If my wife ever posted on one of these sites that would be MUCH BIGGER than me ever posting  ;) After all of the hard work I can see why you would be disappointed but that just means that once you are back in the flow of things everything will be that much better.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

thundercrack83

Though belated, a Happy Second Anniversary to you here at 3RR, David! As you've pointed out, the best is definitely yet to to come, my friend!

Hope you're feeling better!

Dustin

dedgren

So, here's another random collaboration 20, this time from John's (Darmok) quad- Diddicks SW.

Woops!  That's a SRL* disaster I wasn't expecting.  I've got a plan for it, though.

Here's a shot of how it plays out.

I've decided it's almost harder to do mundane RL vistas than those Kodachrome Moment ones.  The second you get into "cookie-cutter" mode, it rats you out immediately.

A bonus- those are the c.p./cycledogg (our friend Brian) seasonal tree plop lots I'll be releasing along with the collaboration quads.  Here's what John's quad looks like with the lots showing up in yellow inside the red outline...

...and an unenhanced pic to compare that one to.

Here's, to be a completist, the 3RR Atlas [linkie] page that Diddicks Township appears on.

Collaboration news and responses to a few recent posts later this evening.  My computer time is still being rationed.

David

*  Simulated Real Life.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

Wonderful &apls

You are on the mend and you post some great pics. Take your time, Its good in a funny sorta way to hear your being rationed,
but it will help in the end to take it easy.

As for the SRL* now thats something you don't see too often in this game :D
(here's a suggestion how about leaving the odd one(flammable but secreted away somewhere)  in each quad and see how the collaborators deal with the resulting catastrophe? ) 

Anyhow great to see you back even in a limited way :thumbsup:

Regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

threestooges

Even when 'cookie cutter' mode sets in, you still turn out some fine work. I'm curious to know the implications of the SRL thing (but I suppose I'll find out soon enough). After seeing AVR and all, Darmok seems like the perfect candidate for that quad. Out of curiousity, what is the background you've replaced the standard game background with? Take it easy (and I mean it too) and I'll keep an eye out for new developments.
-Matt

Pat

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

David that is just simply wonderful in how it turned out for John's quad and how well it looks!!! SRL = thats a good one...  I wonder who's quad we all will see next and in the mean time get the rest please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie