• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Awesome, getting closer.  Ditto about a missing light.  Finally, what about adding some arrows like you did with one way roads for the exiting ramp?  Oh boy, this game is truly getting better and better.  Once again, what was once thought IMPOSSIBLE, is now becoming a reality thanks to creative and imaginative thinkers such as yourself.

Vizoria

This added functionality and all of these prefab pieces is wonderful!

Tarkus

Thanks, gn_leugim, dyoungyn, and Vizoria for the kind words--and to everyone who liked the last post! :thumbsup:

Now, to respond to a few points:

Quote from: gn_leugim on September 29, 2016, 01:25:23 AM
pretty cool! though, there are still signals missing there are they not?  :thumbsup:

You are correct in that there are no signals facing the RHW approach.  Just as with the ground version, that is intentional, as this is a base setup, in which the stop points are non-operational on that approach (causing the signals to remain permanently green).  An alternate version with a signalized RHW approach will be produced once the SITAP (Signalized Intersection and Turn Arrow Project) concept from the OWR network is ported to cover this setup.

Quote from: dyoungyn on September 29, 2016, 06:21:19 AM
Awesome, getting closer.  Ditto about a missing light.  Finally, what about adding some arrows like you did with one way roads for the exiting ramp?  Oh boy, this game is truly getting better and better.  Once again, what was once thought IMPOSSIBLE, is now becoming a reality thanks to creative and imaginative thinkers such as yourself.

This is just the base version, that you would get for dragging the intersection the most basic way.  The future SITAP setup will feature both arrows and signals on the RHW approach.

Quote from: Vizoria on September 29, 2016, 01:33:30 PM
This added functionality and all of these prefab pieces is wonderful!

These latest ones are actually non-prefab, but we'll likely cover similar setups with QuickChange Xpress (QCX).  The last few images were built using the existing modular methods, and take advantage of the same adjacency FLEX Height Transition stability improvements that made the QuickChange Xpress setups possible.  Those QCX setups will also have built-in SITAP support.

I'll be back with some more development later.

-Alex

Baltimore

Tarkus , you and the rest of the NAM Team have been doing so much for the SC4 Community  &apls &apls . I personally thank you and the rest of the team . Keep it up , you guys are great .  :thumbsup: Long live Simcity4 
AKA raynev1 @Simtropolis
See what I'm into when I'm not playing Simcity4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2BmSZmH0YW7U6TithLBsQ

Tarkus

Thanks, Baltimore!

A small update here . . . support for DxD Avenue x MIS T-intersections is now in place.

-Alex

Gugu3

dyoungyn

Alex,

Great update indeed.  What would make it even greater is to see you connect that road network with diagonal AVE2 and RHW1 intersection.

Tarkus

Thanks, Gugu3, and dyoungyn!

Quote from: dyoungyn on October 04, 2016, 04:44:47 AM
What would make it even greater is to see you connect that road network with diagonal AVE2 and RHW1 intersection.

Support for NWM diagonal intersections is still quite a distance away.  We will get there, but it'll take some time.

Just to make a note about where we are in terms of NAM 35 development, we're in the process of narrowing the feature list down more, in order to get something out sooner rather than later.  It won't really result in any substantial delay to the features that are going to be cut (FLEX-WT is among them), but it will allow us to get some of these new toys into the hands of our loyal fans in the meanwhile.

-Alex

compdude787

Sounds great, Tarkus! Really looking forward to the next NAM version.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

dyoungyn

Alex,

Thank you for the reply.  What you have graciously described for NAM35 sounds exciting :thumbsup:  Thank you and the entire NAM Team so much and can't wait for next release &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

APSMS

Sounds like a plan. I look forward to ironing out the bugs!

Thanks for all the hard work. Hopefully a stable release, early, will help in moving NAM 36 along without too much fuss, if the less stable bits are cut out.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Seaman

Quote from: Tarkus on October 04, 2016, 06:41:08 PM
but it will allow us to get some of these new toys into the hands of our loyal fans in the meanwhile.

Tarkus

Thanks, compdude, dyoungyn, Absalom, and Seaman! :thumbsup:

Small update here, which intersects the two main things I've been doing of late for NAM 35 . . .

-Alex

Gugu3

gn_leugim

all elevated and draggable networks... nice :D

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Tarkus

Thanks, Gugu3, gn_leugim, and kelis! :thumbsup:

A couple other small things I've added as of last night:

-Alex

kbieniu7

Great and useful! Thank you very much for your work  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

mgb204

Again these are some really useful little additions, only the other day I was trying to hook into avenue with MIS diagonally like this. With every new development we get closer to the utopia of supporting every eventuality.

Tarkus

Thanks, kbieniu7 and Robin!

Another added benefit of these recent additions, coupled with some new adjacency code:

No more need to try to shoehorn the poorly-fitting TuLEP slip lane in there.

-Alex