• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpson

I love your vidéo my friend
Your RHW is always so beautiful, great work  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Haljackey

Replies:

sithlrd98:  Glad to see you back!  The tank is awesome eh?

metarvo:  hehe... Thanks!

mrtnrln:  If I didn't speed it up, it would be long and boring.  Glad you liked the video!
-Oh and about the sign pack, I actually prefer metric (we use it here in Canada too!)!

deathtopumpkins:  Well, that and the fact that it won't blow up when I touch a car.  That's why the mayor drives around in a tank.

art128:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you liked the video!

nerdly_dood:  I remember seeing that a long time ago on tv.  Seeing a tank on city streets would be scary in RL!   :-[

caspervg:  Thanks again Casper!  Glad you enjoyed the video!

JoeST:  Thanks Joe :P

Simpson:  Thanks!  Glad you always enjoy the RHW and the videos!

Update Time!

In this update I present to you the GTR's tallest building.  Its the crown Jewel!
-I'll also show some improvements on some highways in Downtown.

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

If you can make out what the building is at this close of a zoom you're a trooper!

Zooming out now...

It is only at this zoom that you can see it in its entirety.  Yes, the Burj Dubai has found a home in the GTR!

The Burj in conjunction with the surrounding skyline:

But... When you get out to region view, you can barely see the skyscraper.  It is consumed by the cluster surrounding the area.
(Sorry, this image is not in full resolution)

Due to the utter scale of the building, some of the surrounding infrastructure had to be upgraded to handle the increased amount of traffic.
-You may recognize this junction from one of the first updates I had after the MIS was out.

A dedicated lane leaves the vast Multi-RHW in the interchange closest to he Burj.

A local commuter highway has also seen upgrades.  (Opps!  Sorry for the pause screen!  :P)

Overpasses have been built over the interchangeing road with the Multi-RHW.  A mess you say?  I call it organized cahos in the city's busiest interchange.

A look at the scale of the Multi-RHW at its widest point:

Anyways, that does it for this update!  I hope you like the GTR's crown jewel!

Oh, and happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians and happy Columbus day to my American friends!

Best,
-Haljackey

Simpson

Your région is superb  :o
And also great update my friend
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

CasperVg

Some great works here once again, I like the new lay-out for the Burj Dubai  :thumbsup:
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

deathtopumpkins

The Burj! Awesome! I've been meaning to try that BAT out in my large city (is it a stage 15? Or a ploppable?)...

And some cool interchanges there!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

I took a trip to the Virginia side of the Washington, DC metro area this weekend to see my uncle and mom and I had to take note of the concrete knots they call "interchanges".... One in particular included dirt mounds covered with grass to hide as much concrete as a dirt mound can hide EDIT: This is the I-395/I-495/I-95 interchange in Springfield, VA - I think they would be better off with trees... I wonder why they have to put the interchanges in so compact a space that they have to use so many overpasses over overpasses - why can't they just spread it out and arrange them to minimize numbers of overpass levels? that would minimize the amount of concrete and steel used and wold concentrate on mostly dirt and whatever the highway's grond level material is - usually asphalt around here.

You do have a particular ability to make some cool interchanges with a minimum of overpasses. :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

bat

Great new pictures there from that downtown! Beautiful work! :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone! Don't worry, The GTR is not dead! RL and school has been killing me lately. I've been out of town for the past few days too, so that didn't help.

I don't have time to respond your awesome comments at this time, but don't worry, I'll get to them soon, possibly with a new update. The NAM Team has kept me busy, and with the new RHW version edging closer to a release, I'll be tied down for the next little bit.

However, I do have some new things to report:
-I've reconstructed the Table of contents (the first post on the Simtropolis thread) and I'm open to any suggestions to make it any better. [linkie]
-A new GTR logo has been made (see the first post @ ST again).
-I've been working on a new avatar which features The Greater Terran Region's abbreviation: GTR, in B&W to catch on with the new "Gray"/"B&W" trend @ ST.  I may change my avatar here @ SC4D, too!
-I have edited the GTR's article on the SC4 Wiki.
-I've been working on my archives page, a side project of mine. See the link in my signature.
-I've done some terraforming/urban expansion in the region, and I'll show the finished product in the next region update.

Anyways, I hope this post will do for now, I rarely make posts like this. The GTR is far from dead! This is just a little break, that's all!

Best,
-Haljackey

south park

great update , your region is a big skyscraper's forest and I see your hardwork with this overview , congratulations !! :thumbsup: &apls
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

Haljackey

Replies:

Simpson:  Wow, thanks a ton!

caspervg:  Thanks a lot!  Glad you like the Burj Dubai!

art128:  Hey, thanks a lot!

deathtopumpkins:  Glad you enjoyed the update!

nerdly_dood:  Thanks for the compliment!  In Canada, the number of overpasses is kept to a minimum, and that is what has influenced the interchanges in the GTR.  This is done to reduce them as a NIMBY (eyesore) for residents.

bat:  Thank you very much bat!

mrtnrln:  Thanks a lot!

south park:  It took a long time to make that region view what it is, yes!  Thanks!

Update Time!

Sorry for the long hiatus everyone! I haven't had a lot of free time to play SC4 recently, and I apologize for not letting you know any earlier. 

To make up for the long distance between updates, I have a jam-packed one for you, which also features my first photoshopped mosaic!

This update has 3 sections to it:  A, B, and C.  Enjoy!

Pictures
Click the images for full resolution! (1920x1200.) See my picture information section on the first update of this page for more info.

Section A:  Transportation in Witburg

Looking at a break in Witburg's skyline, the road system and traffic can be seen.

Another close-up of Witburg's new road network:

A GLR-in RHW network begins right here:

A Picturesque look at a GLR-in ave intersection. 

The bullet train cloverleaf has been reconstructed to allow higher speeds for trains, leading to greater efficiency and capacity.

A look at the junction with the double-height monorail puzzle pieces.  This would make the junction grade-separated, but since there is no bullet train texture for the double-height pieces, I'll have to sacrifice this to keep it looking good.  (That is, until someone makes a texture for this :P)

A look at the main station mass-transit corridor.  Note the new gradual transitions used to give them a safer, more realistic look.

Section B:  Government Centre Showcase

For those who are new, Government Centre is the GTR's "City Hall"/government located in the city of Mighty Mouth (just east of Downtown).  Here's a zoomed-in shot of the main government buildings:

And zoomed out:

South of Government Centre, we see a pre-MIS RHW network with southbound connecting lanes.  The interchange in the upper right lays just west of the expansive Mighty Mouth Bridge.

Section C:  Mosaic

Here's my first attempt at a photoshopped mosaic.  It showcases a highway/bullet train line in Mighty Mouth just after a rainstorm.  The sun is coming out.
-Let me know how I did with it!

Anyways, that does it for this update!  I hope it was worth the wait!

Best,
-Haljackey

JoeST

Nice going Hal :)

that mosaic is very nice

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

MandelSoft

Nice update, Hal! I like to see the gouvernment buildings and if this is your first photoshopped mosaic, it looks quite well. The GLR layout looks also fine and the new bullet train and elevated rail intersections are looking better now.  :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the next update!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metarvo

This is a nice bullet train network, Hal.  Not only does it look really good, but you have built it to be efficient as well.  I also like the government buildings very much. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

art128

great update my friend :thumbsup: very good effect on the mosaic &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

deathtopumpkins

Nice mosaic!

The GLR-in-ave line looks good too. And didn't you say that an update to the bullet-train mod was going to be released?

Those smooth transitions... they're awesome! Where did you get them?

The government buildings look pretty cool as well... though kinda on the big side. I guess the GTR needs that much office space for its employees!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Dark_horse_spirit

I don't think that I have ever seen a city as large as this one. I wonder what kind of Industrial area you have to support a city this big, I am adding you to my favs right now.
DHS

nerdly_dood

You do have a particular flavor of interchanges, don't you... The bullet-train cloverleaf replacement is one of your best ones IMO.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

CommodoreTech

Amazing!
But, truly awe-inspiring. I love the detail and care you take in creating intersections. I see a pretty decent Traffic Councillor in the making, lol.

-Ben-