• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM RHW Presets

Started by Mikey Knox, October 26, 2015, 03:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey Knox

Hi

I just wanted to ask if its possible in any Way to add RHW Interchange Presets to the Game (like the default Maxis Highway Cloverleaf Presets). Guys like Haljackey create AMAZING Interchanges People like me never can do (or takes forever to make with no experience).

Wouldnt that be amazing!  ;D

eggman121

If you mean Prefabricated Interchanges, well, that is never going to happen unfortunately.

The RHW is built on the fact that you use modular parts to make interchanges. There would be too much work in making all the possible variants of prefab interchanges and there would be too many requests. In addition the modeling would be too much work and we don't have the time for that.

But going forward there will be draggable/ Flex equivalents of parts to make interchanges with. That should help with making interchanges that you require.

So, sorry we can't help you there. The path is to more modular pieces and pieces that can preform multiple functions.

If you so desire the MHW has a large amount of interchanges and so does Project symphony (MHO) to an extent. I guess those are your only options.

-eggman121

Wiimeiser

There are already quickchange pieces, which plop down multiple modular pieces at once. Is that what you're talking about?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

QuickChange, as Wiimeiser mentioned, is the closest we'll ever get, and it does a pretty good job of making the RHW more accessible.  It allows you to plop substantial portions of standard interchange designs, in a FLEX form that allows them to adapt to the various widths of RHW networks.  The sizes of the QuickChange pieces are set up to allow us to get away with making RHW functionality more accessible, but with as few pieces as possible. 

For instance, you can actually use 4 Quarter-Diamond QuickChange pieces and the Elevated Road Viaducts to create a simple diamond interchange quickly.  It's still in the early state, and isn't going to receive any updates for NAM 33, but I am hoping to expand the QuickChange offerings in the future.

That said, if you're looking to make some Haljackey-type interchanges, a lot of the stuff he does is very context-sensitive and requires a thorough understanding of how the RHW works.

-Alex

Mikey Knox

Thx for all the Answers, looks like i have to stick with the RHW Interchange Guide  :)

mgb204

Bear in mind this is probably quite out of date.

Using the QuickChange, Flex Ramp, Flex Height, Flex MRC (Multi Radius Curves) together will give really nice effects without too much searching for pieces. For more information on how to use these see the RHW Development Thread. Note most of the new stuff requires NAM 33 PreRelease and is covered in the last three pages of the thread.