• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Maybe it is something in the RULs setup.

Try a custom install and make sure you have Java installed.

We did not have this issue with the testing packages. I will take a look and see what is going on.

If you want post a screenshot of the custom install. That will be a good way to see what is going on.

-eggman121

gn_leugim

I believe I have Java. I'll check it out.

Meanwhile I leave attached the custom install (is this what you mean, right?)

I have it installed in other pc, but is not an option to use it now, I could only install it there :\ I'll see on that one latter as well.

eggman121

Thanks for providing this info

I would check the Cleanitol box to be sure.

I have a feeling that you have installed NAM 36 on another version.

If you have moved stuff to a new machine than that may be an issue also. You will have to go the custom install route.

-eggman121

Tarkus

If you're getting "NR", that's a sign you checked the "Enable Decoupling of Networks and Rules" option, which allows one to install the textures/models for certain features without installing the RULs.  That would definitely cause your issue.  We don't recommend checking that box unless you're really certain of what it does, and we've considered removing it altogether.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

The new FTL slip lanes aren't working for me...

Looks like they're not LHD compatible...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

veikanttu

There seems to be a bug in the smooth curves. It is impossible plop the filler piece to complete the curve. Works in 35...

https://ibb.co/iOQQtk

Wiimeiser

veikanttu

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 14, 2017, 03:27:21 AM
What happens if you put the filler piece first?

It is automatic so that is not possible. First draw the standard 6S road and then you drag on the curve to smooth it out and the small piece goes missing. After that you click on the missing part with the RWH tool and it fills the gap but not in NAM36...  might be user error as well of course.

eggman121

Hello veikanttu

Problem confirmed!

Some Weirdness is going on with the RUL2. You may have to use the R2 Flex Piece as an alternative.

It is only the R1 inside that has that problem so If you want condensed setups this is the only alternative that can be offered for now.

The R2 curve can be overridden to L1 and L2 levels as well.

-eggman121

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 14, 2017, 03:03:11 AM
The new FTL slip lanes aren't working for me...

Looks like they're not LHD compatible...

Actually, it looks like you didn't construct them the right way--those bits of tiles around there look like the OWR Roundabouts, not the Slip Lanes.  The 90-degree bends aren't entirely One-Way Road, but part OWR, part Road.  Start with the OWR stub to initiate the branch, then drag toward the network you're connecting the Slip Lane to with the Road network.  Here's an image from the Turn Lanes Feature Guide:

The implementation initially tripped a couple people up in testing (namely, with RHD users unintentionally building the LHD pattern), but this turned out to be the best way of doing it (there were a number of aborted attempts at draggable or FLEX Slip Lanes over the years).  Fortunately, it starts to become second nature once you've done the pattern a couple of times.

Quote from: veikanttu on September 14, 2017, 03:14:12 AM
There seems to be a bug in the smooth curves. It is impossible plop the filler piece to complete the curve. Works in 35...

Also confirmed just now.  It worked in testing for NAM 36, too (I had to get an image of it for the documentation--that was probably during Alpha 02), so it looks like a late change to fix a different issue with the MRCs after Alpha 03 resulted in an unintentional prevent creeping into the RULs.  I've isolated the problematic code and fixed the issue just now.

If you're enterprising enough to run the NAM Controller Compiler manually on your own, take the attached file, unzip it, and put it the Sec7n_MRC_Overrides.txt file in the My Documents\SimCity 4\NAM Auxiliary Files\Tools\Controller Compiler\Network Addon Mod\Controller\RUL2\07_RHW\Sec7n_MRC folder, then go back to the Controller Compiler folder, and run NAMControllerCompiler.bat.  If it asks you about overwriting your existing controller, click "Yes". 

I've committed the change to our RUL code depository already as well.

-Alex

mgb204

To add to the illustration by Tarkus above, it should be noted that right now the slip lanes are not stable enough to support more than one connection on a given tile of the intersection. So the setup you show with all four sliplanes won't work right now. But you can have two on opposite sides without issue.

Actually if you get the OWR/Roads the correct way round, this isn't an issue. You just need to carefully follow the guide above and don't draw the RHD way if you are a LHD user or Vice Versa, not that that's what I did or anything  $%Grinno$%

Kitsune

I did not select the old avenue turn lanes in the installer. Now when ever I draw an avexave intersection it stalls for a minute and produces this:

~ NAM Team Member

Wiimeiser

Okay, I think I've got the patterns down pat, but I seem to have run into an issue where OWR-1 only works with slip lanes at the end, not the start. Can anyone else confirm this?

Allein

gn_leugim

Quote from: Tarkus on September 13, 2017, 03:34:26 PM
If you're getting "NR", that's a sign you checked the "Enable Decoupling of Networks and Rules" option, which allows one to install the textures/models for certain features without installing the RULs.  That would definitely cause your issue.  We don't recommend checking that box unless you're really certain of what it does, and we've considered removing it altogether.

-Alex

That solved it, I have no idea why it was changed in the first place I never used that thing before. Thank you both for the help! ;)

eggman121

Quote from: A. Gates on September 14, 2017, 10:28:35 AM
Another small bug (draggable rail):

I would not consider that a bug as such TBH. To match up every NWM intersection and make code would be very difficult. That being said you can use an Avenue as a work around.

There will always be limits to what can be can be achieved.

-eggman121

Tarkus

Quote from: Kitsune on September 14, 2017, 06:11:26 AM
I did not select the old avenue turn lanes in the installer. Now when ever I draw an avexave intersection it stalls for a minute and produces this:

If you used it in the past, it's possible the INRULs might still be hiding in there.  Check the Plugins\Network Addon Mod\INRUL Overrides folder for the file "NetworkAddonMod_TurningLanes_Avenues_Plugin_INRULs.dat", and if it's in there, delete it.

-Alex

Kitsune

Quote from: Tarkus on September 14, 2017, 05:16:21 PM
Quote from: Kitsune on September 14, 2017, 06:11:26 AM

If you used it in the past, it's possible the INRULs might still be hiding in there.  Check the Plugins\Network Addon Mod\INRUL Overrides folder for the file "NetworkAddonMod_TurningLanes_Avenues_Plugin_INRULs.dat", and if it's in there, delete it.

-Alex

Yep that fixed it.  The only result in Cleanitol was this:

NetworkAddonMod_TurningLanes_Avenues_Plugin.dat
not present
~ NAM Team Member

vinlabsc3k

First, a big thank you for the NAM Team!! &apls &apls &apls
Second, I've selected the Brown Brick for the El-Heavy Rail, but the draggable version is Concrete. Is it intentional? ()what()
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Tarkus

The new draggable version uses its own textures, and isn't tied to the old puzzle piece texture types.

-Alex